Start each morning by singing in homage to a racist paedophile in a foreign language

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

You thought morning assemblies at school were bad when you were a kid ?    Think again. Spare a thought for kids in Punjab. They've just been instructed by direct order that they MUST start each morning session in school by singing a Hindu Hymm in Gujarati in order to pay respects to Gandhi. 

The best quote from the below news article comes from Vijay Sampla, the Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment. He says : " the bhajan is in Hindi not Gujarati. Well, It is in Hindi according to me. But even if it is in Gujarati, there is no issue. Students can learn it,” he said. ?

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/punjab-students-told-to-sing-vaishnava-jana-to-bhajan-in-gujarati-5546122/

On 1/22/2019 at 1:21 PM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

You thought morning assemblies at school were bad when you were a kid ?    Think again. Spare a thought for kids in Punjab. They've just been instructed by direct order that they MUST start each morning session in school by singing a Hindu Hymm in Gujarati in order to pay respects to Gandhi. 

The best quote from the below news article comes from Vijay Sampla, the Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment. He says : " the bhajan is in Hindi not Gujarati. Well, It is in Hindi according to me. But even if it is in Gujarati, there is no issue. Students can learn it,” he said. ?

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/punjab-students-told-to-sing-vaishnava-jana-to-bhajan-in-gujarati-5546122/

I would suggest that all Punjabi kids sing Deh Shiva bhar moh instead , and let's see the people argue against sing Paramatma's gun  for that fool's praise

In school assesmbly, the school would sing Christian hymns. I had nothing against them doing this but I had no interest in singing. A couple of times, a teacher would notice a few of us not singing (it wasn’t “cool” to sing hymns). So I would just do my paath quietly but mouth moving enough that I wasn’t bothered again by any teacher. 

22 minutes ago, Wicked Warrior said:

In school assesmbly, the school would sing Christian hymns. I had nothing against them doing this but I had no interest in singing. A couple of times, a teacher would notice a few of us not singing (it wasn’t “cool” to sing hymns). So I would just do my paath quietly but mouth moving enough that I wasn’t bothered again by any teacher. 

You should have sung it. Jesus is a true prophet. 

1 hour ago, Wicked Warrior said:

but least some  hymns sung are in praise of God  , this stupid song is singing praises of an openly known paedophile .

The other day bbc included Gandhi in their new icon series, each episode focuses on a different field. For iconic activists they had emilene pankhurst, Martin Luther king, a disabily activist and then Gandhi.  

For gandhis segment they simply showed India's struggle against British suppression and then the partition, they wove Gandhi's contribution in, explained the salt march and that was it! It was more about India struggle against the empire and then they tagged along Gandhi. I felt more moved by Indians struggle than I did by Gandhi's part. I really don't think Gandhi should of been included in the most iconic activists. 

He played a part in the struggle but so did millions of others.  We shouldn't deny his contribution but to make sound as if India became independent from the empire because of Gandhi alone is just daft. 

Marti Luther kings segment was far more emotional and moving. And was actualy about him and not just the backdrop of his time

I am surprised how honest they were about British cruelty in India and how 45 million Indians starved to death under British rule. 

20 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

but least some  hymns sung are in praise of God  , this stupid song is singing praises of an openly known paedophile .

No it's not. Read the article. It's a Hindu religious bhajan (that just happened to be gandhi's favourite Hindu religious bhajan).

So.....let me re-phrase my opening statement in a way that many of you will be able to understand:  

By direct order of the government - every kid in Punjab (Sikh and Hindu) must start the day at school by singing a sacred hymm of Hinduism.

Must.....by direct order.  Think about that for one moment. Let it sink in.

Problem with Gandhi was the he was a pacifist, he even changed hindu prayers and hymns to please the Muslims. His fav bhajan raghupati raghav raja ram patit pavan sita ram was altered by Gandhi to please the muslims  gandhi added ishwar allah tero naam   I think the word allah didn't even exist when this bhajan was written.

The man who killed Gandhi actually wrote reasons down why he shot Gandhi. He says he killed Gandhi  because Gandhi expected Hindus to change their ways to please the Muslims, he said Gandhi would recite verses from the Quran in the mandir but wouldnt dare to sing bhajans at the mosque because he knew the Muslims would get triggered and react with force.  He said Gandhi took advantage of Hindus being tolerable to gain muslim support. 

Its actually very interesting 

On 1/24/2019 at 1:52 PM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

No it's not. Read the article. It's a Hindu religious bhajan (that just happened to be gandhi's favourite Hindu religious bhajan).

So.....let me re-phrase my opening statement in a way that many of you will be able to understand:  

By direct order of the government - every kid in Punjab (Sikh and Hindu) must start the day at school by singing a sacred hymm of Hinduism.

why is that the Indian statute book has laws on it now that state clearly that no one can convert others to another faith and yet ...we can see the same statute book being used to force sikhs to abandon their paid for land and homes, not speak punjabi in schools and now sing hindu bhajans ....who's converting now ?

On 1/24/2019 at 1:52 PM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

Exactly it has nothing to do with gandhi.. The real issue is how is the government allowed to dictate this! If it is true.. Which requires further verification for me. Totally believable by the bjp but still requires verification