Would you be ok with your sister or daughter marrying a black or white Sikh?

Torontobboi

8 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Dating is not allowed in Sikhism? ? Please back up that assertion. 

It's one thing for me or other experienced posters on this website to write "Please back up that assertion". I did that very thing when I asked someone to post where it says the soul enters a baby at 3 months of gestation. Of course, there is no such line.

It's very different for you, who doesn't even read Gurbani, to arrogantly ask "Please back up that assertion".

It would be fine for you to humbly ask, but not to imply that the assertion is unfounded.

Anyways, see here: 

Secondly: 

Tell me whether you would date your sister. Yes or no.

I tell you what I've seen a good few times now.

Apnay parents being really fussy about their child's partner causing them to marry someone who the parents think fills in all the requisite criteria, only for that chosen partner to turn out to be rotten (abusive, extremely greedy and spoilt, being gay/bisexual, having a previous secret lover etc.). Usually after a jumped up family has experienced this, they come down a peg or two and are less 'micro-managing' of their subsequent children's marriages (because they feel guilt at the publically failed previous relationship they arranged). As an example, have a ponder upon what the family of the amritdhari girl  who married into the 'respected' family of the serial Huddersfield nonce Amere Dhaliwal must be thinking now. With a son-in-law in prison for the most heinous crimes and their daughter left with his children. Jut bapu da tip top izzat yaar!

In regards to the OP, I'd be very suspicious of those (especially whites and blacks) who all of a sudden are ready to convert to a religion just to be with a women. I think this is straight weird and weak myself. So you'll go through the whole rigmarole of accepting a faith that you'd never have done otherwise, just for a women??? It just seems strange to me to live a false life like that, but hell! I've seen hordes of blokes and girls do this over decades. 

But I would have no problem with a genuine Sikh white or black (i.e. maybe someone born into it - not that this is guarantees anything) marrying into the family. I know this is not straightforward because of various Panjabi characteristics we may have. But I'd rather that than other potential options. I'd be checking for certain other characteristics in them like bravery, confidence, hardworking, honesty, intelligence, the ability to shoulder burdens and take tough decisions and risks when required, I'd rather that than some backboneless, apna pajama office puppoo, momma's boy whose useless in any challenging situation. 

8 hours ago, BhForce said:

It's one thing for me or other experienced posters on this website to write "Please back up that assertion". I did that very thing when I asked someone to post where it says the soul enters a baby at 3 months of gestation. Of course, there is no such line.

It's very different for you, who doesn't even read Gurbani, to arrogantly ask "Please back up that assertion".

It would be fine for you to humbly ask, but not to imply that the assertion is unfounded.

Anyways, see here: 

Secondly: 

Tell me whether you would date your sister. Yes or no.

Why would I date my sister? 

9 hours ago, BhForce said:

It doesn't matter if your kids don't have any interest in "sikhi". 

They can and should marry other Sikhs who are not religious or not very religious (wedding/funeral Gurdwara goers).

That's what Jews do.

What's wrong with Sikhs?

Yea that's a good point, people who are not religious but identify as sikh cab marry other non religious sikhs.

I think that's what happens anyway, non religious sikhs in general marry other non religious liberal sikhs.

Sikhs with more traditional views and values marry sikhs with similar thinking 

9 hours ago, BhForce said:

Think with your brain, not with your tool, bro.

ਦੇਖਿ ਪਰਾਈਆ ਚੰਗੀਆ ਮਾਵਾਂ ਭੈਣਾਂ ਧੀਆਂ ਜਾਣੈ।

Daykhi Praaeeaan Changeeaan Maavaan Bhainaan Dheeaan Jaanai |

The Sikh ought to treat women of others as his mothers, sisters, and daughters.

Vaar 29, Pauri 11

It's  nice that she has a nice personality and it's pleasant to talk with her. 

Let me ask you this: does your sister have a nice personality and it's pleasant to talk with her?

OK, so would you then marry her?

Why not?

Sikhism says to treat that hot Jamaican girl as your sister.

Yeah but when you have a crush on someone it's different lol

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

ਦੇਖਿ ਪਰਾਈਆ ਚੰਗੀਆ ਮਾਵਾਂ ਭੈਣਾਂ ਧੀਆਂ ਜਾਣੈ।

Daykhi Praaeeaan Changeeaan Maavaan Bhainaan Dheeaan Jaanai |

The Sikh ought to treat women of others as his mothers, sisters, and daughters.

I think this translation is quite flawed. If we took a more literal approach it could read:

When [one] sees good (note the word 'chungian' here!) women, perceive them as mothers, sisters and daughters. 

The question then is what about when we see not so 'chungian' women? 

57 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think this translation is quite flawed. If we took a more literal approach it could read:

When [one] sees good (note the word 'chungian' here!) women, perceive them as mothers, sisters and daughters. 

The question then is what about when we see not so 'chungian' women? 

Bhai Sahib,

57 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

ਦੇਖਿ ਪਰਾਈਆ ਚੰਗੀਆ ਮਾਵਾਂ ਭੈਣਾਂ ਧੀਆਂ ਜਾਣੈ

Doesn't this mean, look at other woman in a good way, know them to be just like a Mother, Sister or Daughter.

59 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

The question then is what about when we see not so 'chungian' women

The ਚੰਗੀਆ here refers to how you view them. So in a good manner not a lustful bad manner.

51 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Bhai Sahib,

Doesn't this mean, look at other woman in a good way, know them to be just like a Mother, Sister or Daughter.

The ਚੰਗੀਆ here refers to how you view them. So in a good manner not a lustful bad manner.

It could also be:

On seeing women, perceive them as good mothers, sisters and daughters. 

???