Abortion

puzzled

20 hours ago, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

I don't have very strong opinions either way about this

What?? The one issue where Jigsaw doesn't have an opinion? How can this even be possible?

I mean if it's not a matter of praising your jihadi friends, brother Jigsaw has no strong opinion.

I'm not a doctor and have no medical training whatsoever I'm not knowledgable enough to know about the development of mind and feelings in fetuses.

Do you have to be a medical doctor to know whether killing an adult is bad or not?

Do you have to be a gerontologist to know whether killing a old man is bad?

I would like to think that when a fetus is able to experience pain it is plain murder to subject it to that pain by causing it's destruction.

OK, I applaud you for saying at least this. Which is much more than your lefty friends will admit.

This is really a philosophical discussion about the essence of 'being'. At what stage is that fetus in it's mother's belly an actual being. ?  I don't know.

A man of philosophy. I wonder, dear Jigsaw, if you would consent to having your body torn limb from limb, to study the effects of pain, and also to delve into the nature of "being". 

All in the interests of Science, of course.

11 hours ago, Guest London jwaan said:

At the time of the gurus, abortion did not exist.

If you mean that tearing babies' limbs with forceps did not happen, OK, fine. However, that does not mean abortifacient herbs did not exist.

So by definition, sikhi does not have a clear position on abortion.

No.

No.Someone invents a new way of killing, and you say that "by definition" Sikhism doesn't have a clear position?

Is killing with chemical injections "by definition" unclear morally?

Is killing by electrocution "by definition" unclear? 

By running someone over with a car?

In giving an answer, please refer to the precise slok that stipulates this or not unconditionally.

The very fact that you say that means you haven't a clue about what Gurbani is supposed to be. It's not a rulebook like the Old Testament.

It's a testament to Godliness. There's no way a Godly person could kill another being for their own benefit other than to save their life.

If that's your approach to Gurbani, you can go your entire life and not get the point.

9 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Was abortion as we know it today (exterminating life in the womb) possible back in the day, or did they use to wait until the kid was born to get rid of it?

The preferred method of killing by paapis was to bury an undesired child (usually girl). Or just put her into a pot or something and not give sustenance.

Like some have mentioned the aatma/soul enters the baby at a particular time, 3 months? I guess that's when the baby goes into a medative state,  so it would be wrong to kill it after that stage, so what about before the stage when the soul enters  is it ok to abort it then?

I'm not talking about rape cases but more about parents who are told their baby is not well and will live a challenging life. 

Parents look after their child but who will look after Him/Her when the parents are dead

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

Like some have mentioned the aatma/soul enters the baby at a particular time, 3 months? I guess that's when the baby goes into a medative state,  so it would be wrong to kill it after that stage, so what about before the stage when the soul enters  is it ok to abort it then?

Where is your proof to say the soul enters at 3 months?

I want to ask these Sikh feminists who like murdering babies in the womb how are you different than the indian government who murdered innocent Sikhs in India?  Bhai Jaswant Singh Khalra went out to find out where the bodies were and gave the body back to the family. He risked his life to stop the murders of innocent Sikhs. You place his picture on your social media walls to further your cause of being 'human' rights activists.  What makes you think  Bhai Jaswant Singh Khalra would ever support murders like you?  Did he support the indian government for murdering Sikhs?  Taking a HUMAN life is murder.  True Sikhs and human right activists will never stand for the torture and murder of anyone innocent baby, no matter where the baby is.