Inter-Racial Marriage Between Sikh and Christian

Guest Guest Amrit

44 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Things don't work like that in the real world. Many people are not religious and don't see dating someone of a different faith background as a problem. Some people are just not interested in people of same faith background, that's just who they are

For many people "Sikh" is a cultural tag, not religious. 

Then those people are lost and confused. They have been failed by their families. 

People who dont care about their religion or faith should be guided to the right way. Not just discarded and be seen as a lost hope. 

Its the families and our job to get them on the right path. They should not be seen as a lost cause. Obviously if they still dont listen then they will pay for their bad decisions. 

You seem to be saying lets not try and talk them out of it and just let them do what they want. Which is a defeatist attitude and mentality and giving a bad example. 

You seem to be eluding to saying its okay to marry non sikhs. 

16 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Then those people are lost and confused. They have been failed by their families. 

People who dont care about their religion or faith should be guided to the right way. Not just discarded and be seen as a lost hope. 

Its the families and our job to get them on the right path. They should not be seen as a lost cause. Obviously if they still dont listen then they will pay for their bad decisions. 

You seem to be saying lets not try and talk them out of it and just let them do what they want. Which is a defeatist attitude and mentality and giving a bad example. 

You seem to be eluding to saying its okay to marry non sikhs. 

well some family don't mind either. Didn't you say you know a proud Punjabi dad who is proud off his daughters married to white men ? in that case who failed the parents?  I have a cousin who said she don't mind if her son ( he is 17) marries a gori.  Many parents don't mind. In that case should we guide the middle aged parents first who will then guide their grown kids?  how do we go about with that ?

Well yeah if someone wants to guide back Sikhs who have no interest in Sikhi then they should not hold back but if they still have no interest then not much you can do

A Sikh should marry a Sikh, but if they don't want to or have no interest in marrying a Sikh then there is not much you can do, thats what I'm saying, some people are just not interested and don't have a problem in doing so. I'v seen a few proud Punjabi mother in laws proudly showing off their white son in law or daughter in law ... 

You can't really drag someone with no interest in Sikhi into marrying a Sikh! 

Parents attitude is changing too, one of my mums freinds said to her sons that they can marry whoever they like as long as its not a Muslim, she told my mum that she can't be asked to find girls for her sons lol 

Guest GuestSingh
5 hours ago, puzzled said:

well some family don't mind either. Didn't you say you know a proud Punjabi dad who is proud off his daughters married to white men ? in that case who failed the parents?  I have a cousin who said she don't mind if her son ( he is 17) marries a gori.  Many parents don't mind. In that case should we guide the middle aged parents first who will then guide their grown kids?  how do we go about with that ?

A Sikh should marry a Sikh, but if they don't want to or have no interest in marrying a Sikh then there is not much you can do, thats what I'm saying, some people are just not interested and don't have a problem in doing so. I'v seen a few proud Punjabi mother in laws proudly showing off their white son in law or daughter in law ... 

Parents attitude is changing too, one of my mums freinds said to her sons that they can marry whoever they like as long as its not a Muslim, she told my mum that she can't be asked to find girls for her sons lol 

many women of every other faith seem to be able to just comprehend the meaning of loyalty better than apnia...they just 'get it' - even if both partners aint interested in their dharam, at least they tend to stay and marry within their community...couples who do this are actually, most likely unknowingly, giving their children the opportunity to take interest in their culture, heritage and faith rather than marrying out of it since a less liberal/strict couple may just end up finding that balance and end up saving themselves too...

is it cuz theyre brought up in an environment that strongly encompasses certain positives of their culture when the moment requires it or are their men just more of a man than our lot and better able to assert their authority and keep em 'in check and 'in line'? doesn't a woman, deep down under the act of appearing strong, confident and independent long to be dominated by a big, strong and asserting man...a traditional, old-fashioned and lion-like banda? no cheesy smiles or irritating laughs/giggles - just talk to em with the eyes and theyll talk right back then listen....

ours, on the other hand, just love trying to copy whitey or blackey in every way possible - the more westernised an apni, the more unattractive she seems in my eyes...uncut hair, traditional dress and a sweeter tongue along with a strong and genuine attachment to her culture, heritage and faith just seem so much more attractive than what's currently being produced today (cut and bleached hair, tight-fitting jeans/pants with short tops and skirts, and a foul mouth when stuck-up and giving attitude...and lets not forget a poor diet that includes meat and processed food along with cheap booze and possible fags/drugs...but those 'easternised' girls seem so rare...even back home in panjab where they seem just as deceitful and manipulative in trying to fool anyone..it's like theyre non-existent - where to find the 'good girls'? do they no longer exist anymore? or are they all a lost cause? all seem to be playing the game...

dogs are more loyal than our lot.

Guest Singhni
2 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

many women of every other faith seem to be able to just comprehend the meaning of loyalty better than apnia...they just 'get it' - even if both partners aint interested in their dharam, at least they tend to stay and marry within their community...couples who do this are actually, most likely unknowingly, giving their children the opportunity to take interest in their culture, heritage and faith rather than marrying out of it since a less liberal/strict couple may just end up finding that balance and end up saving themselves too...

is it cuz theyre brought up in an environment that strongly encompasses certain positives of their culture when the moment requires it or are their men just more of a man than our lot and better able to assert their authority and keep em 'in check and 'in line'? doesn't a woman, deep down under the act of appearing strong, confident and independent long to be dominated by a big, strong and asserting man...a traditional, old-fashioned and lion-like banda? no cheesy smiles or irritating laughs/giggles - just talk to em with the eyes and theyll talk right back then listen....

ours, on the other hand, just love trying to copy whitey or blackey in every way possible - the more westernised an apni, the more unattractive she seems in my eyes...uncut hair, traditional dress and a sweeter tongue along with a strong and genuine attachment to her culture, heritage and faith just seem so much more attractive than what's currently being produced today (cut and bleached hair, tight-fitting jeans/pants with short tops and skirts, and a foul mouth when stuck-up and giving attitude...and lets not forget a poor diet that includes meat and processed food along with cheap booze and possible fags/drugs...but those 'easternised' girls seem so rare...even back home in panjab where they seem just as deceitful and manipulative in trying to fool anyone..it's like theyre non-existent - where to find the 'good girls'? do they no longer exist anymore? or are they all a lost cause? all seem to be playing the game...

With all due respect why would any Singhni give you the time of day if you use racial slurs against white or black people? You think you are non-western but you copy the racism of nazi''s of yesteryear by using the same loaded terms that Nazi's use like blackey and race-traitors. What's ironic is that white guys, east asian guys and black guys who are insecure all accuse their women of being disloyal to an even greater degree! 

Have you ever stopped to think that in countries where 99% of people are non-Sikhs it's actually a miracle that most women from a Sikh background do not marry out. The only community that tries to keep their women in line like slaves are the Muslims who do that via racism, honor killings and domestic violence. And look at what this is resulting in democratic societies. I know of a couple of girls from Muslim families who have married Kesdhari Sikh men in the GTA. So the truth of Sikhi and anti-racist Gurmat will shine through in the end provided it isn't tainted by western racist concepts that you seem to have soaked up.

8 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

You seem to be implying that girls brought up with eastern values naturally have better family values, but do you not realise in doing so you're basically ignoring charitrio pakyaan and its message? It's like applying binary thinking on an east/west divide. I don't think humans are simply  definable like that. 

CP clearly shows that deceitful partners are no new phenomena - this stuff was going on even in our Gurus time. 

9 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

I agree with this. But also has to be said that many hindus and muslim marry out of their religion. So its not purely a sikh thing. 

13 hours ago, puzzled said:

Well yeah if someone wants to guide back Sikhs who have no interest in Sikhi then they should not hold back but if they still have no interest then not much you can do

You can't really drag someone with no interest in Sikhi into marrying a Sikh! 

Forget about what this aunti said or that auntie. 

The main thing is to do what is right. Make the difference yourself. If theres a few people who go astray then forget about them just concentrate on doing right yourself.

Dont let what other people do affect you and your principles. 

Many men and women marry out and regret their decisions. Once the love wears off and they come back to reality. 

You are not into sikhi so tell your parents and go marry him and live your life. If you have children don't name them kaur and singh just to make it sound "exotic" like most people in your situation end up doing. 

Be happy & dont disrespect your parents religion in the future...

Wishing u all the best.

15 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

Yeah i think it's because men have become very layed back and are ok with that stuff. A lot of Punjabi men are now ok with their wife drinking, you see this stuff at weddings. 

Notice how in weddings you see more and more women drinking, big cultural shift that is,  men are ok with it that's why them females have started doing that.

Yeah i find women that have a strong religious/cultural identity attractive. Women who openly defend their beliefs.

Also minimal makeup and modestly dressed ...

But you don't get many females like that 

48 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah i think it's because men have become very layed back and are ok with that stuff. A lit of Punjabi men are now ok with their wife drinking, you see this stuff at weddings. 

Notice how in weddings you see more and more women drinking, big cultural shift that is,  men are ok with it that's why them females have started doing that.

Yeah i find women that have a strong religious/cultural identity attractive. Women who openly defend their beliefs.

Also minimal makeup and modestly dressed ...

But you don't get many females like that 

It might be that they would prefer that to having them drink on the sly away from them? Besides blokes can hardly castigate females for drinking when they do it themselves.