Inspirational Black Sikhs

Big_Tera

14 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I get that bhangra is popular, but I think we've too closely affiliated our dharamic identity with the balle balle culture, which can blatantly be clownish. 

A lot of people think that we need to be going in the other direction to get taken more seriously. We've had decades of that balle balle stuff in the UK, and look where that has got us. 

I agree and iv said it in the past that as sikhs our identity should be sikhi and should be at the forefront,  bhangra, dhol etc is cultural and if you also choose to identity with your culture (It's optional) then it should at the back and not a priority. 

If you like bhangra and stuff like that, some people do, then there is no harm in it as long as there is no alcohol involved, it's alcohol thats been the biggest downfall. Bhangra without alcohol is fine   you need a bit of fun now and then lol   it's just a thing for some people just how some people like doing music at the side ... 

I personally don't like dancing, neither do I know how to do it. Iv never got up at family weddings and danced, it's just not my thing 

But if your a sikh then sikhi should be at the forefront and that how people should recognise you. 

It's like Arabs, everyone recognises them as Muslims first, but they still have their cultural dances and music, like the sword dance, arabian music khaleehji culture etc   

Nothing wrong with recognising cultural heritage   

But obviously your dharmic identity should be at the front and that's how people should recognise you.

Currently with punjabis it's the other way round 

3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

It's like Arabs, everyone recognises them as Muslims first, but they still have their cultural dances and music, like the sword dance, arabian music khaleehji culture etc   

Nothing wrong with recognising cultural heritage   

But obviously your dharmic identity should be at the front and that's how people should recognise you.

Currently with punjabis it's the other way round 

It can look seriously gay. Just be careful of that.... especially with you having kesh...... lol

On 3/19/2019 at 9:43 PM, dallysingh101 said:

It can look seriously gay. Just be careful of that.... especially with you having kesh...... lol

Lol bhangra gay?   It depends whose doing it    if you have dhaler mehndi or Bollywood style then yeah it's gay

But if it's like the guys and girl on YouTube vid  then they make it look good