Guest kaur

Coding tutorials in punjabi?

Just now, Redoptics said:

I know brov, it's all 0/1 so we can do anything 

why are you giving  up ? try learning theoretical Computer science about how compilers are written and the grammars they use. 

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
16 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

why are you giving  up ? try learning theoretical Computer science about how compilers are written and the grammars they use. 

Edit

Edited by Redoptics
Spelling

17 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

lol i thought u were a female based on ur dp 

Because u stuck in maya  and I do not lie 

Edited by Redoptics

Guest Kaur
On 8/18/2019 at 6:30 AM, Jaggaa said:

I'm a fullstack c# dev, sounds quite fun - if you need an extra set of eyes I'm more than happy to look over :)

Nice, I'll be playing with c# for VR dev using unity 3D

On 8/18/2019 at 4:01 AM, Redoptics said:

I'm QA test manager,  so if you need testing can help, I tested mvc/angular currently working with php. Used selenium and other testing technologies. 

But can help punjabi translations with testing in codeceptjs, c# and tutorials with postman.

Thanks!

Guest Kaur
On 8/18/2019 at 6:51 AM, AjeetSingh2019 said:

I also work in Oracle/ Java frameworks/ angular, etc but whats the point of a punjabi coding site ??

you're anyways gonna code in english 

so why not keep whole tutorial in english

People will and are learning english however,  coding tutorials in punjabi lower the entry barrier into tech literacy and ed. The main terms,syntax and key words are in english but the explanations  in punjabi. Many peope don't have the luxury of a western or english medium education. The point is to open new opportunities for them

If you all want to write compilers go ahead. It's not rocket science and I'm surprised one of you  hasn't done so already :)

On 8/18/2019 at 9:49 AM, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Don't be obtuse, man. The words of the programming language are maybe a dozen, two dozen, something like that. You can learn those by rote.

What they are doing is not changing the words of the programming language, although there's no reason you couldn't do that. Microsoft did for its Office programming language.

What they are talking about is this: You don't think that French people, when they are discussing programming, speak in French? Even though the words used in their programs are the original English terms. E.g., a language I just googled (Go):

From Wiki:

func (addr ipv4addr) ZeroBroadcast() bool {
    return addr == 0xFFFFFFFF

That would remain the same, but you'd talk about it in Punjabi. Get it?

Guest Kaur
On 8/23/2019 at 2:12 AM, BhForce said:

Don't be obtuse, man. The words of the programming language are maybe a dozen, two dozen, something like that. You can learn those by rote.

What they are doing is not changing the words of the programming language, although there's no reason you couldn't do that. Microsoft did for its Office programming language.

What they are talking about is this: You don't think that French people, when they are discussing programming, speak in French? Even though the words used in their programs are the original English terms. E.g., a language I just googled (Go):

From Wiki:

func (addr ipv4addr) ZeroBroadcast() bool {
    return addr == 0xFFFFFFFF

That would remain the same, but you'd talk about it in Punjabi. Get it?

Thanks. I hope all the bro-grammers get it now

Guest guest
On 8/11/2019 at 7:05 PM, Guest Kaur said:

What do you want to learn specifically? example make web apps, mobile apps, games etc?

hi thanks for responding, sorry for my delay in answering.

web apps, mobiles, (although interested to hear your advice if you think I should start something else).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• We are equal in the eyes of God because we are beneath him. It is looking at ants from our eyes. The problem with people is that they think that leadership is a privilege. It is not, it is a responsibility.  As the head of the family you may have the authority but that always comes with accountability. They go hand in hand. In families there is a pecking order, the children first, the women next and then the men. Men are the sacrificial gender, why in cases of emergency do they say "women and children first". A woman will sacrifice her life for her children but never for her husband. A man will sacrifice for both. Women who take leadership from her husband do it because they are forced into it or because the man is not up to it and the woman becomes resentful of her husband. 
    • I don’t see how you see this practice as a part of our ancestral history.  What I chose to do independently outside of Sikhi cannot be associated with Sikhi practices. Similar as to how dietary influence is largely down to the landscape and culture of the region you belong to.  The same is for narcotics which are largely taken due to cultural influence and availability to the region.  Just because I eat potato chips in England this does not mean my future generations should adopt this, and somehow associate this with my religious identity.  Your cultural practices can be altered, discarded and chosen but your religious practices can never change,  whether that be in the 18th Century or the 21st.   If you reword this with ‘medicinal, recreational drug use in the region of Punjab in the 17th-18th Century’, I would have no problem with this observation.  But as soon as someone quotes ‘Puratan Sikhs and use of Marijuana’, I am not comfortable with this!
    • Veer ji can u please post pankitis from gursobha and prem sumarag about sukha?
    • Unless you're going to fight enemies of panth and need help of sukha , I don't see any excuse why I should exempt you from similar judgement as of any regular drug addict. People have for long perverted religion for their goals . Nothing new here. Why not get high on naam instead 
    • The whole point about rehit-namas and the differences between them is a whole discussion in itself, but there is evidence in Bhangu's Panth Prakash, Sainapati's Gursobha, Prem Sumarag Granth.  There is also notice of this in the earliest european sources from the late 1700s.  No one is telling anyone to do these things, but to whitewash your own people's history is weak.  As alluded to previously, the people who did partake aren't likely to have done so for what we call 'recreational reasons' today. It may as well have been medical reasons? Given how sukha da tehl is being increasingly investigated by modern science along this very line, it isn't implausible. It may well have been a carry over from pre-existing Ayurvedic practice? Can't you people have a grown up discussion about this? 

Important Information

Terms of Use