Horrifying "minor" differences in modern baani of Sukhmani and that in Maharani's pothi sahib

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

If we look at Japji Sahib in most Gutka Sahibs, there is not the two dande before Jaap:

Gurparshad॥ ॥ਜਪੁ॥

But normal Gutke do this:

Gurparshad॥ ਜਪੁ॥

(Please do forgive me if I have misspelled jap or if anyone gets offended. The example was written to show the difference)

It is a minor difference but even changing even a punctuation mark is quite disrespectful as we do say satguru Ji is the form of Waheguru but we are changing bani.

Bull Chuck Maff?? Please do forgive my down comings 

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ॥ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ॥

On 10/5/2019 at 2:27 PM, MrDoaba said:

Jesus Christ this is horrifying, we must denounce the Maharaani and her family at once!

That was sarcasm btw. You are being a dramabaaz as usual without any facts.

Even modern day pothis have printing mistakes. On the off chance this wasn't considered a mistake (at the time of scribing) you don't know what source the scribe used for this - it could have been from a copy of a copy of SGGS. I'm sure some Saroops were acknowledged to contain mistakes or differences, especially the ones belonging to individuals or created for private use. This pothi may even have a panna where errors have been noted.

From all the main Birs in circulation a standardised version was made, which is what we have today. I'm no expert but I believe these were mostly the same give or take a few matre here or there.

Doing shudhaayi is important as is maintaing satkaar throughout the whole process...the rules are much tighter today.

In my opinion, Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji’s most authentic and correct saroop is the actual Damdami Beerh that was made by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj and scribed by Bhai Mani Singh Ji and Baba Deep Singh Ji.

I am talking about Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and not about The Sri Aad Granth compiled by Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji.