Were Gurus above normal humans?

Big_Tera

23 hours ago, BhForce said:

I believe there doesn't need to be any such rule. The questions of the sort that @Big_Tera has asked (not all, but some) are not ones that he alone asks.

They are the sort that plenty of Sikhs ask.

It's good to have the questions here so that people can come and read the answers.

You might think that it's pointless because you already know all the answers, but the fact is, all of us can benefit from each other's perspectives on such tricky questions.

And then we are better prepared for when someone asks us such a question in real life (which happens often).

It's not about if someone else ask the questions that insult the Guru in the process.  But why are they phrased in a way that insults the Guru and gives a conclusion that the poster already believes.   So hes already come to a conclusion, why even ask the question?  Hence I brought up the example of a muslim asking in this manner and the Muslim would be banned. 

An honest Sikh who loves his Guru will not ask a question that already draws a conclusion that says the Guru were not above death and died from a disease.  

You did not understand my post.  Read it again.  It is addressing the insults directed at the Guru and the slanderous conclusion that was drawn from the question.  Do you get this key point or are going to keep ignoring it because it doesn't  help your argument?  To be honest the way you responded to my post is how cunning muslims respond when they don't like people being critical of their ways and methods.

And the truth comes out.  You have a personal issue with me.  I didn't say I had all the answers.  I said don't insult the Guru when asking a question.  This personal issue you have with me must be deep rooted because the insult of the Guru went right over your head.  So, by any means you are not a person at all to address my post without bias because you already have dislike toward me.  I precisely say in my post, I'm all for discussion but that went over your head as well because it does not fit into the framework of having a go at me.  Keep those blinders on.  

The way to be prepared for questions is to read Gurbani.  Gurbani answers this question and repeatedly I ask for Gurbaninto be presented.   But you and@Big_Tera like having discussion that start by insulting the Guru.  Tell me this, you or @Big_Tera will never last a second face to face with Gursikhs because they would tell both of you to go beat it because as Sikhs both of you don't have enough integrity and faith in the Guru to ask a question without insulting the Guru.  What kind of mor*n will start a question by insulting their father?  I will tell you, those that have no respect or faith in their father.  

The question could have been phrased without insulting the Guru and there would have been no issue.  Many people have asked how did Sri Guru Har krishan ji got a disease and then the Guru left the physical form.  And these people have received a response.  Well I hope the good karma you and @Big_Tera collected from the support of insulting the Guru and insulting the Guru was worth it.  Sukhmani Sahib paath is the truth and insults of the Guru will not go away.

16 hours ago, brotha said:

Can't anbody see how he keeps on bullying here?

Just pathetic...

You have a bigger issue with me suggesting a rule that will stop insults towars the Guru and call it bullying than with a person who insulted the Guru.

Did your fake baba ever tell you his cane will not reach me over the internet.  And if you ever try to attack me with your fake baba cane, I will give you a response that will be remembered for ten generations in your fake baba family.  One fake baba is already facing the consequences of coming after me. Live your life, enjoy it and remember Vaheguru not your fake baba.  

1) First , its principle of Sikhi to never do 'karaamat' (miracles) . And we're always taught to live in hukam (divine will). That's also the reason why Sri Guru Teg Bahadur ji were given 3 conditions by aurangzeb's cleric  : either show a miracle, accept islam, or sacrifice your life.

Guru ji could have done a miracle , but he chose to sacrifice his life. 

When Dasam guru were on the banks of sarsa river during battle and it was raining heavily and guru ji was facing a flooded river, Guru could have used riddhi siddhi to part the river for men to pass by (remember 'moses parting the red sea') , but Guru ji didn't .

So thats the reason also why Guru Harkrishan ji accepted divine will and refused to perform a miracle to save himself from chickenpox.

2) Secondly, Gurus weren't "normal humans" . Normal humans are attached to 5 vices (kaam, krodh , lobh ,moh, ahankaar) . Normal humans yogically speaking , also have shakti (kundalini) at the base of the spine coiled in the form of a snake , and rises upwards on meditation to reach its zenith , Shiva (consciousness) at sahasrara chakra on top of head (where we tie our joora) . Baani says during enlightenment , shakti finally merges with shiva.

Gurus probably didn't have separate shiva shakti in their bodies considering they were enlightened beings

For me, their conduct throughout their many incarnations indicates they were not of mortal origins in a spiritual sense. Miracles and such things aside, I find the low-key, "domestic" examples of their divinity to be more comforting and faith-affirming than any ostentatious displays of supernatural abilities, which, to be fair, were also occasionally in evidence when the situation dictated, but never in a self-serving or aggrandising manner. 

The Guru Hargobind Sahib and Baba Gurditta episode -- when Baba Ji was admonished by Guru Sahib for resurrecting a friend who'd died, thus overhauling the natural order of the Creator -- is a prime example of the situation I'm referring to. Guru Sahib's committment to hukam was greater than his filial connection to his offspring. How many humans would be capable of such unimaginable objectivity?

I'm sure if these examples became known to the wider non-Sikh population, they'd be analysed and re-assessed as examples of toxic neglect or such other post-modern bukwaas. These clowns are in the early stages of pushing the "Jesus was gay" narrative, so I expect nothing less from these devils. ?

11 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

You have a bigger issue with me suggesting a rule that will stop insults towars the Guru and call it bullying than with a person who insulted the Guru.

Did your fake baba ever tell you his cane will not reach me over the internet.  And if you ever try to attack me with your fake baba cane, I will give you a response that will be remembered for ten generations in your fake baba family.  One fake baba is already facing the consequences of coming after me. Live your life, enjoy it and remember Vaheguru not your fake baba.  

You are using this website as a platform to vomit your nonsense and disrespect almost all members who do not match with your *views.

You use Gurbani to try to impose your own manmat, which by itself is a biggest disrespect towards Guru Jee and Waheguru.

Shame on you.