Katy Sian

puzzled

9 minutes ago, puzzled said:

is that the gurdwara in southall ? 

buddhist have so much discipline   i dont know how they do it!  i guess its through meditation. 

theres videos of buddhist setting themselves on fire self immolation  and not even moving!   how the hell! 

like this really famous one    hes just sat there quite while he is on fire!

Image result for self immolation

Yes that is Havelock Gurdwara.

They are Shaolin. They are disciplined because they train as well as meditation.

They see their training as meditation. 

2 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Yes that is Havelock Gurdwara.

They are Shaolin. They are disciplined because they train as well as meditation.

They see their training as meditation. 

i saw this on tv about them    it was a really gd show 

• 3 months later...

I have listened to Dr. Sian on youtube. I found her actual presentation pretty poor and will write an article on this.

I've written some notes- please could some academics get together and expose people like her- she's being glorified by anti sikh muslim sites and am sick of it. She's engendering racism against the Sikhs. Even finding it funny that Sikhs were trying to explain their religion when being attacked under Islamophobia and not standing upto Islamophobia. As a persecuted minority I don't know what she was expecting us to do but her bigoted approach to research just inflames it more

To expose that a minority has in built prejudices is not exactly a revelation. Every community has inbuilt prejudices, stereotypes but it does not mean a community, such as the Sikhs, who are fragile due to their recent persecutions in 1947 and 1984 and are a minority in the world and country less, to base your findings that their current diaspora have played into the Islamophic rhetoric by telling their youth to beware of predators or groomers…..and to talk of how the Sikhs were assimilated into British imperialism well, along with a complete lack of 1947 genocide upon colonialist powers, and to build very erroneous discussions about the Islamic inquisitions that the sikhs suffered during the creation of the religion, as anti- muslim sentiment, is where the so called academic Dr.Katy P Sian comes from, she claims she has knowledge of Sikhism from her heritage but it is very apparent she lacks knowledge about Sikhism and quite erroneous in her presentation of it even if she is a Sociology Lecturer in the University of York. Yet she has hooped through various arguments based on literature a few interviews. When I say a few- literally 20 in some case! Her book literally picks on the prejudices and genuine social concerns around predators and grooming, and she literally picks on a persecuted minority – the Sikhs- and even when she gives an interview. It’s quite unprofessional. It goes to show that people can literally use any frameworks, theories, concoct bits of research and just push through in the world of academia; claim to be anti racist while being more racist.

Is literally a joke in her presentation………… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA2LsRZPH18

Why she should be under the umbrella of anti racism is not clear?

For me, and the muslims I know who are highlighting her, she has only thrown a minority, the Sikhs, under the bus for their concerns around muslim gangs. It is to be proven that muslims do not have highlighted worries about their women….ending up with relationships with non muslims. All religions have their patriarchal and religious worries and this is not unique to the Sikhs.

She has supposedly spoken about the Palestine and various issues around anti racism. I even found going onto an Islamic site from this interview negative links to this chauvinism amongst the sikh community to the rise of Khalistan in the West! Perhaps Dr. Sian should actually look at how she’s made more vulnerable a community who has undergone the ramifications of Islamophobia in violence across the world in twenty years despite not being muslim, undergone genocide, and are still trying to keep intercommunity ties whilst also stopping predators within their community (As groups in the midlands like Sikh Awareness Society have tried to do) and no doubt the muslim community who she seems to act as if it is a neutral party, are doing likewise to protect their young. In the process stereotypes and carte blanche anecdotes do come out in all communities.