Jump to content

What are the similarities in Islam and Sikhism ?


Recommended Posts

Some Sikhs would say that all faiths including Islam are the absolute truth. 

So "some"Sikhs view Islam as a religion as good as as any other out there. 

As all lead to the one. 

I don't agree with this though. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

One of these faiths calls the other kafir/infidel..

whats wrong with being a kafir ?  lol 

us sikhs are kafirs, goys, shudras and heathens  😁       

historically we have always been outcasts     nothing wrong with that

part of the problem now is people who call themselves "sikh"  wanna fit in    

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, puzzled said:

whats wrong with being a kafir ?  lol 

us sikhs are kafirs, goys, shudras and heathens  😁       

historically we have always been outcasts     nothing wrong with that

part of the problem now is people who call themselves "sikh"  wanna fit in    

nothing wrong with it...proud to be kafir...

Just cannot understand why apne can never stop with this sikh/muslim brotherhood debacle 

There no similarity between Islam and Sikhi just like any other religion

Sikhi is the truth and beyond any other religion 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Cyclic prayers throughout the day/evening/night (although they are more strict about specific timing). 

every religion has that  Christians are supposed to wake up 5am and start their prayer   my friend does that   

bhamans supposed to rise b4 sunset and greet/pray to the sun   surya    aarti is done in the morning and evening 

etc 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

nothing wrong with it...proud to be kafir...

yaaasss  lol

 

4 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

Just cannot understand why apne can never stop with this sikh/muslim brotherhood debacle 

let them    their choice       just remain aware yourself ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, puzzled said:

yaaasss  lol

 

let them    their choice       just remain aware yourself ... 

after that isis attack in Afghan i saw more Apne ranting on about not hurting muslim feelings, islamphobia and whataboutism then they even mentioned the 'Islamic attack on Sikhs'..apne dont give a damn they just jump of Muslim bandwagon for clout 

There was some sikhs defending the taliban treatment of sikhs in afgh...

We are beyond pathetic...

Those politicians like Jagmeet, Tan and those lefties politicians  'Sad to hear about the attack on Sikhs'....couldn't even say Islamic attack

but they go viral with defending sharia law and burqas ...how sad and pathetic 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

after that isis attack in Afghan i saw more Apne ranting on about not hurting muslim feelings, islamphobia and whataboutism then they even mentioned the 'Islamic attack on Sikhs'..apne dont give a damn they just jump of Muslim bandwagon for clout 

There was some sikhs defending the taliban treatment of sikhs in afgh...

We are beyond pathetic...

Those politicians like Jagmeet, Tan and those lefties politicians  'Sad to hear about the attack on Sikhs'....couldn't even say Islamic attack

but they go viral with defending sharia law and burqas ...how sad and pathetic 

thats all political correctness  which is the culture of the country we are residing in      some communities like blacks have stuck their finger up at PC  while others like punjabis  have decided to embrace it and made it the way they view the world 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, puzzled said:

every religion has that  Christians are supposed to wake up 5am and start their prayer   my friend does that   

bhamans supposed to rise b4 sunset and greet/pray to the sun   surya    aarti is done in the morning and evening 

etc 

Maybe, but certain ways of life have retained their link to natural solar/lunar cycles better than others. Since the event of the Georgian(??) calendar Christians have lost all link to this. Our lot aren't far behind actually. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • They are all in it together. That's how they make it a culture, hence 'systemic'. The football fan types just articulate what the more clever, devious types up top believe and promote on the sly. The working class guys express their thoughts openly. So whilst a racist manager/director might deviously make an ethnic's life difficult at work through selectively handing him/her the most difficult work, and set them up to fail. The lower end ar5eholes will be the ones who will be implementing this plan and directly creating a toxic environment for the targeted people.  And they routinely turn a blind eye to racism, even if they don't actively participate. Explaining it away as 'banter'.  
    • I don't think you have any independent thoughts. You just seem to parrot what a racist white boy would want you to say, to the point of even adopting their lexicon to frame your 'arguments', like you are one of their chumchay spokesmen. I mean this seriously, not trying to offend you. What you're doing is like what Priti Patel does, but on a lower level.  I don't get what you are saying here? 
    • 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
    • I am sure theres many sikh videos of weddings. Look at rainsbai weddings. Or akj weddings.        There is milni. As the girls side of the family is in charge of the venue. They get their earlier and prepare breakfast langar ( cha pakore etc). Then when the groom and his family come over. They meet each other outside the gurudwara in the parking lot. Ideally the girls family should be doing kirtan with vaja dholki of Aye Mil Gurshikh... as they welcome the grooms family. but if noone from the girls family is a musician, the two families can just greet each other with fateh. Then each of the relatives are introduced to their contrapart. The father meet the father in law. They can say fateh and give sarope to each other. Then the mothers, brothers, uncles, aunts. Then the grooms party is invited to eat langar ( i think they do this before matha teking and as they are sangat, they are allowed to eat first...i think) After langar, groom and his family go matha tek. The groom sits in front of the sangat where they do matha tek.  Then bride walks in. Matha teks, sits next to groom. The palla ardaas is done. Then the shabad about Pallai taindai laagee (or is shabad done before?) And then lavaan etc. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use