Baba Deep Singh jee's handwritten ugardanti bani

10 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Beautiful.. I'm sure the literate will appreciate it more lol. 

I'm still struggling with Nitnem..

One a side note is there a name for Kirtan without instruments? 

Does larivar help raggis sing Kirtan correctly?

Larreevar certainly helps while doing paath. it increases concentration while doing paath.

Like in this Kirtan..the music is almost none instrumental wise.  The Kirtani makes the music by singing...sometimes three ..six notes per syllable..how does he know the notes?

I know the echo effect will make some cringe but it's the best Kirtan I found for hearing the voice and the lack of instruments makes it feel old and authentic...original to me.

I've done quite a few SehajPath... in english...and now slowing down on that to learn the Gurmukhi..which is intimidating a bit...then you here someone like this sing and realize...just how far from Truth I am ..

When I was listening I was wondering if the Kirtani is reading from Larivar?

25 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Another important dasam Bani that has been largely discarded by Sikhs. Even Sikhs who read Dasam Granth have discarded this Bani unfortunately. Only Nihangs and Kukas read it now.

I hv been told by nihangs that ugardanti bani is the epitome of bir ras. it has the same chaal as shastar naam mala.

jonny veer,

what has been ur experience of reading this baani?

Just a question, Why shirk from 'hindu' identity when you're ok with worshipping hindu goddesses ?

now you will say they're just manifestation of waheguru or its shakti. 

26 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

I hv been told by nihangs that ugardanti bani is the epitome of bir ras. it has the same chaal as shastar naam mala.

jonny veer,

what has been ur experience of reading this baani?

I believe in this Bani, it is a powerful Bani. Puratan Singhs were believers of this bani. It was a part of the Dasam Granth until it was taken out by the Sodhak committee. I don't know what was their rationale for this decision since it is in line with the rest of Dasam Bani. Maybe it has something to do with the last chhand of this Bani where it foretells that in future Khalsa will destroy Mandirs and Masjids and religious symbols of both Hindus and Muslims. My guess is in future there will be a Maha Yudh between Khalsa on one side and Hindus and Muslims on the other. Maybe this Yudh will happen with both of them together or maybe one by one and the result will be Khalsa will become victorious.

There is an english translation of this Bani online but the translator has not done a very accurate translation I must say.

Nihangs and Kukas continue reading it till today. Interesting even Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji believed in this Bani and quoted it in his writings but some modern AKJers in the west having being influenced by missionaries have ironically become deniers of Dasam Bani.

1 hour ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Just a question, Why shirk from 'hindu' identity when you're ok with worshipping hindu goddesses ?

now you will say they're just manifestation of waheguru or its shakti. 

No one is worshipping Devi. Believing in the exitance of something does not mean "worship". One should try not to pollute their thoughts on Dharm by current politics.