More beadbi

Guest Charan sevak

Sort of a tangent..

I really enjoy some Kirtan I found lately without insturmentation. 

Is there a word for Shabad Kirtan without instruments...or at least..without harmonium?

I've been entranced by the sound of harmonium before but...currently find it distracting from the beauty of the Bani itself being sung. 

On 5/10/2020 at 11:22 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

Sort of a tangent..

Is there a word for Shabad Kirtan without instruments...or at least..without harmonium?

I've been entranced by the sound of harmonium before but...currently find it distracting from the beauty of the Bani itself being sung. 

Acappella?

Jk .

Theres no word for it. Except for jaap sahib and other banis that have a rhythm we say Chaal. Which tranlated could mean stride or flow. Like the flow of this river is fast or slow. So we say the chaal of this bani is like a snake (bhujhangi shand) or honey like (madhbhaar shand)

Also for singing people can say that was sung in Lai. Which is like melody. Like listen to this person he does japji shaib in a nice lai..

Theres not really a word for it. Most people when they like a shabad or paath automatically start singing it their own way. When you feel it within, it bubbles out.

On 5/10/2020 at 7:22 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

Sort of a tangent..

I love this, think you will too

On 5/13/2020 at 1:04 PM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Acappella?

Jk .

Theres no word for it. Except for jaap sahib and other banis that have a rhythm we say Chaal. Which tranlated could mean stride or flow. Like the flow of this river is fast or slow. So we say the chaal of this bani is like a snake (bhujhangi shand) or honey like (madhbhaar shand)

Also for singing people can say that was sung in Lai. Which is like melody. Like listen to this person he does japji shaib in a nice lai..

Theres not really a word for it. Most people when they like a shabad or paath automatically start singing it their own way. When you feel it within, it bubbles out.

Shukria. 

On 5/13/2020 at 1:27 PM, Redoptics said:

I love this, think you will too

That is truly amazing.  Forgive me for the comparison I'm about to draw..but I didn't know it was possible to capture the driving energy of like... jungle break beats and dub step with a solo vocal recitation of Jaap Sahib Ji. Totally different Chaal and Lai than another. Amazing how charging it is.

On 5/18/2020 at 5:05 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

That is truly amazing.  Forgive me for the comparison I'm about to draw..but I didn't know it was possible to capture the driving energy of like... jungle break beats and dub step with a solo vocal recitation of Jaap Sahib Ji. Totally different Chaal and Lai than another. Amazing how charging it is.

Draw your own conclusions, this is bani, peace and love