What was Indira Gandhi's Personal Beef With Sikhs?

genie

2 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Some people say it was from a grudge related to one of her ancestors dating to Gurus' times

I love speculation like the above, but in the cold light of day it doesn't cut it. Can't be mythologizing the most innocuous of acts for the sake of some tenuous mysticism. It's like saying I drove past a dog yesterday, he turned around and stared at me as if he knew me, because in a previous life I was his baap or something. Masala isn't needed. ?

1 hour ago, genie said:

In my opinion indira gandhi didnt think operation blue star would be the huge disaster that it turned out to be. She probably was advised either that sant bhindranwale and dharmi fauj would surrender when the indian army showed up or at the very least the secret commando's she had hidden within the sangat would do the assassination/kidnap job on Sant ji and it would be a limited operation with very minimum casualties. I think those who wanted a greater carnage were the likes of Rajiv and arun gandhi the same ones who were responsible for the brutal anti-sikh genocide all over india after indira's death.

The operation did not go to plan so the Indian army panicked and after it was all over the indian state propaganda machine was in a state of panic trying to justify the motives of the government to the world and to the indian communities aboard. They even hurriedly filmed general brar giving commentary to justify what they did and what weapons they had recovered but we can hear gunshots were still going on while he was giving his hap-hazard interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-2nbrjP7Qo

What i think the congress indian establishment initially wanted to do was come out as hero's with the army displaying weapons to the world that they had put there themselves (via R&AW agents) having been recovered from so called "sikh terrorists". Having appeased the hindu votebank for a problem they had created they wanted to capitalise on that for political purposes. What actually happened was a bloodbath not just of Sikh civilians and fighters but their own troops many of them elite commando's. Indian army Sikh soldiers across the country broke ranks rebelled and killed their commanding officers and fought their own side all over indian bases. Huge blunder, very shameful very embarrassing for the indian state and Indian army for generations to come.

Sanjay's death i think could be linked to his brother Rajiv gandhi or Arun gandhi or some other deep state establishment actors we are unaware of so far. Perhaps outside forces like the USSR KGB? who saw sanjay as a threat for not following their communist agenda?..... or perhaps the CIA/M16 whose operatives were known to be working in india against USSR aligned Indian govt. Indira considered sanjay as the apple of her eye his death changed her into a more cold hearted woman so any suggestions she had him killed would be very hard to comprehend. Operation blue star shook her to the core made her paranoid and hoping Sikhs would forgive her by visiting darbar sahib in july 1984 she even delusionaly had dreams of old sikh man protecting her and thus thought that ment her elite Sikh bodyguards would protect her from what was to come.

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence or common sense within a country's establishment would know not attack the centre of a peoples religion. Especially a religion that tends to have very militant followers willing to die for their faith to avenge any attack on it. So those who advised gandhi obviously either had low IQ or wanted the carnage of Sikhs and eventually her dead and out of the way because they if they did any research on Sikh history they would have known Sikhs have proud traditions of revenge/ justice operations that target those leaders who order attacks on Sikhs.

yh they really did undermine sikhs when they attacked akal takht. If anything operation blue star backfired and made it worse and sikhs became much more rebellious.  The downside for us was that our weapons stood no chance against their tanks, despite having much inferior weapons the singhs still up a great battle. many army soldiers were killed.     It really was her biggest regret. There is a interview of sonia gandhi saying how after the operation indira sat the family down and told them that her days are numbered. This is not what indira had planned.

i think indira had actually disowned sanjay gandhi and his wife maneka.  maneka has gone as far as becoming a politician in bjp, something definitely was not right there. Maneka did show up at indira funeral  the broadcaster called her indiras estranged daughter in law. I'v seen manekas interview with simi grewal and she said that rajiv and sanjay were completely different. sanjay was traditional and wanted a traditional way of doing things and a traditional india, while rajiv was very westernized and had a western approach to everything.   

Not to forget how indira sent gurbachan nirankari into punjab to weaken sikhi. when the nirankaris were gnna hold a massive event in amritsar in 1978  sant ji had appealed to the akali government which was led by badal, several times to stop the event from taking place but badal and the akalis did not stop the event from taking place, they had all the power to cancel the event from taking place but they didnt do anything. from this point sant ji lost all hope in the akalis.    the event happened and a clash took place between the nirankaris and singhs from taksal and several singhs were killed.

theres a video of indira from 1984 b4 operation bluestar talking about the nirankaris and siding with them.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

I love speculation like the above, but in the cold light of day it doesn't cut it. Can't be mythologizing the most innocuous of acts for the sake of some tenuous mysticism. It's like saying I drove past a dog yesterday, he turned around and stared at me as if he knew me, because in a previous life I was his baap or something. Masala isn't needed. ?

lol.  her attack on sikhs has nothing to do with it, but    it is possible that her ancestry is linked to gangu bhamans,  no 100% proof exists, but it is possible.  very few kashmiri pandits actually worked for the mughals, gangu was 1 who did and so was one of indiras ancestors who nehru writes about in his biography, perhaps gangus kids were rewarded by given a job in the mughal darbar,   just a possibility lol ...  

Forced sterilisation was bad but birth control was needed in India. In 1947 the population was 350 million and today it is 1.3 billion. It's a huge increase and if it had been controlled 50 years ago maybe India wouldn't be the overpopulated mess it is today.

Having a democracy is bad in India. There are simply too many illiterate people who don't know what is best for the country. In 1950 when the first election took place the literacy rate was like 10%. 

If one party wants to introduce something like birth control the other party will simply be against it to get the votes of illiterate people who still want 4+ kids. It's all about getting into power, not actually improving the country.

13 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Forced sterilisation was bad but birth control was needed in India. In 1947 the population was 350 million and today it is 1.3 billion. It's a huge increase and if it had been controlled 50 years ago maybe India wouldn't be the overpopulated mess it is today.

Having a democracy is bad in India. There are simply too many illiterate people who don't know what is best for the country. In 1950 when the first election took place the literacy rate was like 10%. 

If one party wants to introduce something like birth control the other party will simply be against it to get the votes of illiterate people who still want 4+ kids. It's all about getting into power, not actually improving the country.

forced sterilization was is never needed just education and proper social support of vulnerable elders , the main reasons people in poorer countries have so many kids is to support the burden of feeding the nonworking members i.e. children and increasing numbers of elders as there is no basic pensions system  .
All it will take is supported elders  and widow mothers will not need to move to Benaresto the three widow colonies and live on charity, people will stop at two kids  because they will have their own pensions to rely on in old age, and elder abuse will decrease as it will be an additional income stream.

41 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Forced sterilisation was bad but birth control was needed in India

forcefully cutting someones genitals off is one of the worst crimes you can commit, population is irrelevant in that sense. i rather die than have that done. 

would she cut sanjay or rajivs b@lls off ?  obviously not 

15 minutes ago, puzzled said:

interesting how rajiv gandhis only son rahul gandhi has failed to get married or have kids despite being in his 40s    wonder whats going on there 

Perhaps it could be karmic justice

19 minutes ago, puzzled said:

forcefully cutting someones genitals off is one of the worst crimes you can commit, population is irrelevant in that sense. i rather die than have that done. 

would she cut sanjay or rajivs b@lls off ?  obviously not 

Yeah it's disgusting crime against humanity. Forced sterilization/genital mutilation against human beings is a war crime, its basically genocide in another form. Their forced sterilzation programs targeted mostly the poorer dalit caste communities. I think a film called "the midnights children" has even scene about this.

No wonder gandhi's and congress party were fine with mass murdering the Sikhs because they saw it as a sinister plan to depopulate india's huge population.