seize the day

Redoptics

1 minute ago, MisterrSingh said:

But they seem intrigued or willing to make that leap of faith when a non-Sikh makes the spiritual argument. That's the problem.

it's the roger bannister thing again, when apnay listen to sakhiaan they think we now are far removed from that experience of sikhi so when a foreigner experiences that sikhi deeply it makes them willing to take the chance to release their inhibitions and go for mission completion

8 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

it's the roger bannister thing again, when apnay listen to sakhiaan they think we now are far removed from that experience of sikhi so when a foreigner experiences that sikhi deeply it makes them willing to take the chance to release their inhibitions and go for mission completion

There is so much diversion from the truth, I just feel that the English translation of bani is incorrect,  but this what people read these days. Gurbani is very different to Punjabi.

2 hours ago, Redoptics said:

There is so much diversion from the truth, I just feel that the English translation of bani is incorrect,  but this what people read these days. Gurbani is very different to Punjabi.

true , English was never sophiticated enough in terms of spiritual terms to express subtle things that Gurbani can in a couple of words . Kind of reminds me about the english translations of Sameul Hahnemann's german treatise on the healing art of Homeopathy , the footnotes were often a page long because the expressions just were not there .

Punjabi steeks are often like this too

1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

true , English was never sophiticated enough in terms of spiritual terms to express subtle things that Gurbani can in a couple of words . Kind of reminds me about the english translations of Sameul Hahnemann's german treatise on the healing art of Homeopathy , the footnotes were often a page long because the expressions just were not there .

Punjabi steeks are often like this too

Well they even say the official translation of the bible is incorrect King JAMES? Where they talk about El, where is should of been elohim   which changes God into God's.