Any reports of Guru Gobind explain why he gave made Sikh women Princesses?

Alta

I remember once reading that Gobind was asked why he gave Sikh woman the name 'Kaur' and it quoted him as replying because a princess is equal to any male. 

My GoogleFu has failed me in finding that story of any other that report Guru Gobind own explanation of 'Kaur'.

Does anyone know od any?

6 hours ago, Alta said:

I remember once reading that Gobind was asked why he gave Sikh woman the name 'Kaur' and it quoted him as replying because a princess is equal to any male. 

My GoogleFu has failed me in finding that story of any other that report Guru Gobind own explanation of 'Kaur'.

Does anyone know od any?

Actually some people say Kaur means female lion.

He wanted to empower his Sikhs. After millenia of languishing under the inequality of the caste system, he endowed them with honorifics (is Singh and Kaur an honorific?) to imbue them with a sense of dignity and positive pride in their new identity. It was a canny policy of psychological encouragement. It's nothing cryptic or mystical.

Kaur is derived from the word Kanwar or prince ,Singh was used to denote Higher royals like crown prince/king his younger brothers would be Kanwar. So Guru ji place royal insignia upon his gursikhs in the form of shastar, shaastar , Naam, Dastar and horses to uplift them from the downtrodden slavemind to one of leadership , optimism, courage and compassion,

Please note that kanwars have to train just as hard and the same way as the crown princes just in case they are callled upon to serve their desh. So women should be just as proficient in sikhi as the lads

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 9:53 AM, Alta said:
On 12/31/2020 at 9:53 AM, Alta said:

it quoted him as replying because a princess is equal to any male.

And still there are some who start using “Singh”, bcoz they think Kaur is not fully equal to Singh.