keep it simple

keep it sarbloh

:nihungsmile:

bhula chuka maf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

and bout gurdas man i havent really found naything rong cuz ive been 2 his vancouver concert and 2 utha ones b4 and his songs are all meaning full and mahavir were ur sayin that he said those things r les important than love is that all he said???...there are utha singers saying worse stuff and plus y are we arguing over theese singer's they just have a proffesion and a talent uv singing ..if ya'll wanna worry bout sumthin worry bout da PAKHANDI BABE out there liek da sarsaa valla and others...not these singers its not liek the singers come in politics or they go and call sikhs terorist they just sing wat the re given 2 sing by the writer...hope ya'll r getin am point..fateh!!

BHULL CHUKK MUAFF KARNII__//\\__

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

It’s nice to hear that jazzy b is a decent guy. However, jazzy b is not a kid. As an “artist” he is a businessperson who runs a business for profit and makes business decisions accordingly. Large gold khandas don’t appear in videos or public appearances because jazzy b woke up during his morning rituals and put it on.

I trust people here that jazzy b does have respect. HOWEVER and BIG HOWEVER, simply claiming a belief is not enough when you are a public figure and your actions have the opposite effect of what you claim to believe. You are responsible for your actions.

If someone knows jazzy b and knows that he does respect sikhi, please tell him that he is a public figure and the groups that he markets to tend to be very easily influenced as they are learning about their world and experimenting with identity. Jazzy B would be confusing the sikh message for many people. His business is to strategically portray himself as something kids should aspire to be.

If jazzy b can wear a large khanda while not being clean bearded and sing about drinking etc and kids, teens, youngish 20s of sikh background are his biggest audience then jazzy b is doing a very big disservice to sikhi. A few pro- sikh songs or photo ops may be appreciated on their own. BUT they don’t make up for this damage and do not excuse anything. If I do more paaht, it does not mean that now I have earned points to drink more alcohol.

How can a public figure wear a large gold khanda in good conscience while expecting to be identified as a sikh with head scissored? I would have a great deal of respect for a non-sikh who wears a large gold khanda because he or she respects some aspects of sikhi, but n

ot a mutation who is sending the message out that he represents some form of sikh identity.

So tell jazzy b to first start speaking in public about what the khanda means, what kind of respect it deserves and to more importantly explain to kids that although he wants them to buy his music, the heroics of the khanda and sikh identity is not even remotely represented by him, rather the heroics of the khanda are properly represented by those who did keep their kes and were sawed and scalped alive for doing so.

Maybe jazzy can think about those Sikhs currently living and seeing jazzy and his khanda on t.v. while they live without a parent or child or have spent years in jail or have endured mental and physical torture because they being true to the spirit of every strand of hair on their head fought alongside guru gobind singh ji in the 21st century. A “jazzy b” is no longer a gimmicky fad, rather salt in the wound.

Anyone who cares for sikhi, at whatever stage they may be from scissored heads to amritdhari, has a right to defend and demand respect for sikhi and full sikhi roop. Regardless of jazzy b’s appearance, he has to learn about his responsibility to defend and respect, and then exercise it as his right. Only then can it be said that any pyaar for sikhi in his songs arises from maturity and sincerity. Although the above needs to be said, there seems to be much that this Jasbinder Singh Bains would be able to offer all of us.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

well first of all khalistani let me finish of with you...your saying that khanda made of gold is rong 2 wear becuz guru i threw his gold away becuz he thought that sarbloh was more pure..i agree maybe it is more pure rite but did he ever mension with this own mouth or nay guru mension with there own mouth that we cannot make a khanda of gold?...if he threw his gold away he simply did that 2 tell that he does not need gold he has more imp.. things than gold..and that great but that does not mean that he was against wearing gold...every1 can have there own views on that issue..fateh

and following on 2 buddasingh....if your saying that jazzy b is a public figure and by wearing a khanda and singing songs about girls and alcahol he is disserving sikhi..let me ask you one thing.....if u wanna worry about sikhi rite...worry about those public figures that r put in a position 2 be an example of sikhi but wat there been caught doing....drinking and driving, playing poker and gambling big money in las vegas....and dunt be mistaken gursikhs these people i am talking about are amritshak..but too bad its only for the top coverup and these people are givn the leadership of gurudwara'z you wanna make an improvement in sikhi go take care of the bbae spreading lies all over the world and maybe that can make a diff. in sikhi but by arguing over a singer who has never said anything rong about sikhi the only thing he has done is worn a golden khanda:S ..we are not gnna get anywere...fateh!!

BHULL CHUKK MUAFF KARNII__//\\__

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

>

these singers and artists have to sell their songs and movies and go to any extent to do that. they forget that their fans start beleiving them and follow their ways. the sad part is we cant control these artists and actors, what we can do is, we should try and teach our children and the young generation the right path and leave to rest to vaheguru. rolleyes.gif

Well said Khalistani, your responses are spot on. I am not criticing these singers because I am not perfect for myself, but I am trying to get my point across that wearing gold khanda whilst singing is portraying a bad image on sikhs. Thats why many people don't know the difference between punjabi and Sikhi. So if Jazzy b does it, punjabi people will think Why can't we do it. I have been to many ponjabi weddings where youth are drinking getting pist and at the same time having these big khanda chains on.

I am a morakh, I just wanted get my point across. I am sorryy if I offended anyone, if I did, Phull chuck maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!