Over 4,000 to take Covid jab at Dubai Gurudwara

singhbj singh

More than 4,000 residents are expected to get inoculated at a free vaccination drive being organised by the Guru Nanak Darbar Gurudwara Dubai from February 6 to 8.

The campaign is being conducted in partnership with Tamouh Health Care LLC that will administer the Chinese-made Sinopharm vaccine on the premises of the Gurudwara in Jebel Ali from 10am to 6pm on these three days, the gurudwara management said in a statement.

“Getting vaccinated now will help protect you and also people around you, particularly people at increased risk for severe illness from Covid-19. This is also an opportunity for you to serve as a role model in our community,” said the gurudwara, urging all to come forward to take the jab.

Residents can book appointments via WhatsApp on 0506295702 or 0566445961. Those with appointments must carry the original and a photocopy of their Emirates ID for registration. While visiting Gurdwara, it is compulsory to wear masks, gloves and maintain social distancing, it added in the statement.

Stating that the Guru Nanak Darbar Gurudwara Dubai is the first gurudwara to have arranged such an initiative, the statement said: “We are thankful to the government for all their support and providing us the permit to conduct this vaccination drive….Sikhs have been at the forefront of philanthropic work throughout the world and have been like a pillar of support for victims, providing them with medical aid, food, water, and everyday essentials to fight against the deadly coronavirus disease as the spirit of community service is an integral part of the Sikh faith.”

“We are now living through the most uncertain moment of our times. Therefore, it is very critical at this point of time for the community to recover and help strengthen the government’s initiative by joining the vaccine drive to get rid of this pandemic,” Surender Singh Kandhari, chairman of the gurudwara, told Khaleej Times.

saman@khaleejtimes.com

https://m.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-pandemic/over-4000-to-take-covid-jab-at-dubai-gurudwara

Gurudwara mgmt should put a disclaimer that we are providing our premises for vaccine administration, but are not liable for vaccine hazardous effects . But I am sure its understood. We didn't make the vaccines , yet you don't know . people can always lift their fingers at the venue too 

The Gurdwara is a venue to take the vaccine. That is all that they have done.

All the gurdwara is doing here is PR and providing good will to the Sheiks. 

It is the UAE government  who has agreed to take the Sinopharm vaccine. I am sure they know what the risks are. 

Vaccines will have side effects and can effect people in different ways.

The Gulf Arabs are not P@kis.

There are mosques in the UK that have been willing to become venues for the vaccination. Is it going to be Islamophobia if someone there has adverse side effects?

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

special gurdwara vaccine

I bet they will say "Bole so nihaall" while administrating the vaccine in a sword-like manner . lol

waheguru forgive my blasphemies 

EDIT -- 

on a serious note thought, this gurudwara sahib has set guiness world records before for feeding most nationalities people in langar , I think it was an iftar party in gurudwara . If all this goes right, it will be a historical achievement of sorts of  the gurudwara and dubai sikhs . From what it seems, gulf muslims seem to be more tolerant than the paki/bangladeshi variety . I think it has something to do with poverty in the latter case