Equality during Anand Karaj

Guest manjeetayjagjeet

Guest lurker
On 3/6/2021 at 5:08 PM, puzzled said:

Your aren't a woman though, and if women don't like it then its their problem. 

Like I said, in bani Guru ji describes himself as a Sodhi, his fathers clan. He then describes the genealogy of the Sodhi clan. He doesn't mention his mothers family or genealogy. 

Bani mentions Guru Nanak Dev ji as a member of the Bedi clan, his mothers lineage or clan is not mentioned. Same with Guru Amar Das ji and its the same with Guru Ramdas Ji. 

We as Sikhs then should follow suit and use the same family structure and order. I don't understand what is so difficult about that? That is why its the bride that gets married into the grooms family. That is why Guru Gobind Singh ji said that marry your daughter into a family where Sikhi is practiced.

You can't make it any clearer than that. 

If women have a problem with that then it is their problem. The doors are flung open, no one is telling them to have Anand Karaj or be Sikhs. 

Having read a few of your posts before I am very surprised you take this stance.

If you marry a Gursikh from a Gursikh family you would expect her to all but abandon her family for yours..warts and all? Would you not want your children to spend the majority of their time around her family, in their sangat as opposed to your family?