Khalsa colour is Yellow and not kesri or orange

Khalsa colour is Yellow or basanti.

In 20th century kesri colour got infiltrated into the sikh religion by anti-sikh hindu organisations and even our nishan Sahib became kesri.

John griffiths in 1794 writes that Singhs either wear deep blue or YELLOW.

http://sikhcybermuseum.com/history/MemorandumGrifiths.htm

They never shave either Head or Beard; They sometimes wear yellow, but the prevailing Colour of their Cloths is deep blue; They make their Turbans capaciously large, over which they frequently wear a piece of pliable Iron Chain or Network.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I went to a Sikh Empire exhibition a few years back and a British man visiting Amritsar in the 19th century wrote that Sikh women were mostly wearing Blue or Yellow clothes. 

Thanx

Is this documented anywhere available?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Thanx

Is this documented anywhere available?

Not sure bro, I'll go through the photos I took at the exhibition, I might have taken a photo of it. 

But it shows how Sikh women had a different appearance. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Not sure bro, I'll go through the photos I took at the exhibition, I might have taken a photo of it. 

But it shows how Sikh women had a different appearance. 

Dear veer

Plz find it. It will be a good seva.

We need to bring back our nishan Sahib to blue and yellow colour.

Nihangs to this day hv blue nishan Sahib.

• Like 2

http://www.sikhmuseum.com/nishan/colors/travellers.html

A Translation of the Seir Mutaqharin, ca. 1789
Ghulam Hussain Khan, translated by M. Raymond, 1789

They form a particular society as well as a sect, which distinguishes itself by wearing almost always blue cloaths (v), and going armed at all times.

(v) It is true that they wear only a short blue jacket, and blue longdraws: but they use likewise the yellow and the white in their turbans, as well as the blue, although by the by the latter is the general colour.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Yes.

Basanti and surmaye is GURMAT.

So babbar akalis tying black pagh in protest  were out of gurmat 

As the thousands of taksalis and khadkus who have and still tie kesari keskis and dumalle 

While you're on it, try to get some sarab loh assault rifles

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Khalsa colour is Yellow or basanti.

In 20th century kesri colour got infiltrated into the sikh religion by anti-sikh hindu organisations and even our nishan Sahib became kesri.

John griffiths in 1794 writes that Singhs either wear deep blue or YELLOW.

http://sikhcybermuseum.com/history/MemorandumGrifiths.htm

They never shave either Head or Beard; They sometimes wear yellow, but the prevailing Colour of their Cloths is deep blue; They make their Turbans capaciously large, over which they frequently wear a piece of pliable Iron Chain or Network.

Not just yellow. Blue and yellow. ਬਸੰਤੀ ਅਤੇ ਨੀਲਾ. The Nishan Sahib used to be (and still is in some gurdware and Dal Panth) blue after Guru Gobind Singh ji made it that way.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, AkalkiFauj said:

Not just yellow. Blue and yellow. ਬਸੰਤੀ ਅਤੇ ਨੀਲਾ. The Nishan Sahib used to be (and still is in some gurdware and Dal Panth) blue after Guru Gobind Singh ji made it that way.

Yes , blue in fact deep blue is the main khalsa colour.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

So babbar akalis tying black pagh in protest  were out of gurmat 

As the thousands of taksalis and khadkus who have and still tie kesari keskis and dumalle 

While you're on it, try to get some sarab loh assault rifles

I think some key words are main Khalsa colors. Also key, in protest. 

I think the only problem people have with kesri is it was imposed. 

If you look at military uniforms a variety of color schemes are used depending on situation but still there is a general standard uniform and color. With other colors being variations for purpose. 

What type of dye one had back in the day was pretty restrictive. Celtic clans all had different colors in their tartans but that had as much to do with the local dye available as any meanings. 

Not sure what steel santalis are made out of. But even then does the santali have to be sarbloh or just the jacket on the projectile? Heh. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I never said anything about life for Sikhs in the UK in the 70s, I was talking about the present day. I understand and respect the struggles that you all went through to get to the position where you are today. But I hope you all don't lose sight of the fact that the freedom and status that Sikhs enjoy in the UK today is very far from the norm. Sikhs in the US today are fighting battles that were settled in the UK decades ago (and without the benefit of a population density that gives Sikhs in the UK at least some visibility and political sway). But forget about the US. You don't have to go that far, you can just cross the English channel and see how precarious the position of Sikhs is in continental Europe. Thanks for giving details about the grooming issue. Do you think this had to do with Labour being more concerned about the Muslim vote (as Muslims former a larger voting block than Sikhs) or political correctness? Or both? I concede that leftists sometimes go to far with political correctness and "canceling" in order to try to show how "fair" and "unbigoted" they are. I am not going to question your take on the whole grooming issue. You know more about that than I do. But that seems to be a very specific situation in the UK. I stand by my general point that left-leaning people are by far the most likely to support the rights of vulnerable minorities (which is the category that Sikhs fall under almost everywhere).   I don't buy your point about a backlash to "wokeness" at all. I don't think that that is what is causing the growing popularity of far-right movements. The way information is shared and distorted today is radically different from what was the norm not very long ago, and that has been the game-changer that has led to today's division and polarization. You seem to think that if the "woke" people would just be quiet, the racists would not have a "rallying cry". That is simply not true. First of all, those people will ALWAYS find something to complain about. (That has certainly been true throughout American history. If it has been less true in UK history, that is probably because the white British majority did not feel threatened by a sizable minority until relatively recently. See my second point.) Second of all, the complaints of the more hardcore right-wing racists increasingly resonate with the more "passive" racists as the majority community diminishes in size and feels more threatened. And third of all, as I alluded to before, today's media/information landscape will allow for any complaints to blow up and go viral.   Any time anyone from the non-majority community asks for anything, no matter how reasonable, there is going to be a backlash from the majority community. And in many instances, the non-majority community doesn't even have ask for anything or complain about anything to provoke a backlash. Their mere existence is enough. This is what history has shown us.
    • Guest free
    • And people want to talk about poverty, look at how India was stripped of wealth. Here 2800 silver bars were taken for ww2 but didn't make it back here. Now that they've found it, look at what they are doing with it. The pillaging is still going on.      Treasure from the deep: Thousands of silver bars that were meant to fund Britain's WWII effort but were sunk by German U-boat FINALLY reach their destination - and will be sold as coins Merchant ship carrying silver from India for the war effort was sunk in 1941 Its cargo of 2,800 bars of silver has sat on the bed of the Atlantic ever since Record-breaking bid to salvage the silver from three miles down a success The Royal Mint is now making the metal into coins to remember the tragedy https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2596785/Thousands-silver-bars-sunken-WWII-ship-sold-coins.html
    • I was reading something on the internet and came across this article and thought it may be of some interest to everyone here regarding their perspective on the impact of brutalities of colonisation upon India and its people.  Here is the link:-   https://www.myindiamyglory.com/2019/03/10/atrocities-on-indian-women-and-india-by-british-during-their-rule/     Atrocities on Indian Women and India by British During ... - myIndiamyGlory 10 Mar 2019 — Raped Indian women were forcefully made prostitutes by British Christians. Prostitution houses were set up by the Britishers in 350   

Important Information

Terms of Use