Khalsa colour is Yellow and not kesri or orange

Khalsa colour is Yellow or basanti.

In 20th century kesri colour got infiltrated into the sikh religion by anti-sikh hindu organisations and even our nishan Sahib became kesri.

John griffiths in 1794 writes that Singhs either wear deep blue or YELLOW.

http://sikhcybermuseum.com/history/MemorandumGrifiths.htm

They never shave either Head or Beard; They sometimes wear yellow, but the prevailing Colour of their Cloths is deep blue; They make their Turbans capaciously large, over which they frequently wear a piece of pliable Iron Chain or Network.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I went to a Sikh Empire exhibition a few years back and a British man visiting Amritsar in the 19th century wrote that Sikh women were mostly wearing Blue or Yellow clothes. 

Thanx

Is this documented anywhere available?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Thanx

Is this documented anywhere available?

Not sure bro, I'll go through the photos I took at the exhibition, I might have taken a photo of it. 

But it shows how Sikh women had a different appearance. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Not sure bro, I'll go through the photos I took at the exhibition, I might have taken a photo of it. 

But it shows how Sikh women had a different appearance. 

Dear veer

Plz find it. It will be a good seva.

We need to bring back our nishan Sahib to blue and yellow colour.

Nihangs to this day hv blue nishan Sahib.

• Like 2

http://www.sikhmuseum.com/nishan/colors/travellers.html

A Translation of the Seir Mutaqharin, ca. 1789
Ghulam Hussain Khan, translated by M. Raymond, 1789

They form a particular society as well as a sect, which distinguishes itself by wearing almost always blue cloaths (v), and going armed at all times.

(v) It is true that they wear only a short blue jacket, and blue longdraws: but they use likewise the yellow and the white in their turbans, as well as the blue, although by the by the latter is the general colour.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Yes.

Basanti and surmaye is GURMAT.

So babbar akalis tying black pagh in protest  were out of gurmat 

As the thousands of taksalis and khadkus who have and still tie kesari keskis and dumalle 

While you're on it, try to get some sarab loh assault rifles

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Khalsa colour is Yellow or basanti.

In 20th century kesri colour got infiltrated into the sikh religion by anti-sikh hindu organisations and even our nishan Sahib became kesri.

John griffiths in 1794 writes that Singhs either wear deep blue or YELLOW.

http://sikhcybermuseum.com/history/MemorandumGrifiths.htm

They never shave either Head or Beard; They sometimes wear yellow, but the prevailing Colour of their Cloths is deep blue; They make their Turbans capaciously large, over which they frequently wear a piece of pliable Iron Chain or Network.

Not just yellow. Blue and yellow. ਬਸੰਤੀ ਅਤੇ ਨੀਲਾ. The Nishan Sahib used to be (and still is in some gurdware and Dal Panth) blue after Guru Gobind Singh ji made it that way.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, AkalkiFauj said:

Not just yellow. Blue and yellow. ਬਸੰਤੀ ਅਤੇ ਨੀਲਾ. The Nishan Sahib used to be (and still is in some gurdware and Dal Panth) blue after Guru Gobind Singh ji made it that way.

Yes , blue in fact deep blue is the main khalsa colour.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

So babbar akalis tying black pagh in protest  were out of gurmat 

As the thousands of taksalis and khadkus who have and still tie kesari keskis and dumalle 

While you're on it, try to get some sarab loh assault rifles

I think some key words are main Khalsa colors. Also key, in protest. 

I think the only problem people have with kesri is it was imposed. 

If you look at military uniforms a variety of color schemes are used depending on situation but still there is a general standard uniform and color. With other colors being variations for purpose. 

What type of dye one had back in the day was pretty restrictive. Celtic clans all had different colors in their tartans but that had as much to do with the local dye available as any meanings. 

Not sure what steel santalis are made out of. But even then does the santali have to be sarbloh or just the jacket on the projectile? Heh.