On 5/31/2021 at 12:48 PM, intrigued said:

Anyone know ji?

This is it?

As kirpan khando kharag tupak tabar aru tir

Saif sarohi saihthi, yahai hamarai pir:

The sword, the sabre, the scimitar, the axe, the musket, the shaft.

The rapier, the dagger, the spear: these indeed are our saints

From Shastar Naam Mala?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, intrigued said:

Hanji the beginning is Shastr naam mala but after that he sings shankar nirale teeran de and I can't seem to find that anywhere.

I had a feeling it was more complicated than that. Thank you for letting me participate. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I don’t think it’s a bani as such. Here bhai sahib say guru ji were asked how arrows fly in battle, how the drum of victory plays, how neela (blue horse) gallops. 

It’s big shame the only thing people remember 10th Guru Sahib for is they are master warrior. They are also master of raag, arts, poetry etc. The most compassionate father and so much more we never consider 

Based on my imagination and artistic license😅

perhaps instead of giving a long descriptive answer guru sahib could have picked up their instruments and answered the questions via more creative way of singing. Like Bhai sahib say in video the composition creates the impression as if arrows were flying, drums beating, horse galloping. Leaving the listener quite mesmerised. Then maybe this tuk is documented in some historic account or diaries even?

I mean just imagine Guru Sahib sitting on their throne and being in their mouj 😀😊☺️

like it could have been a group of children who ran to guru sahib to ask about how battle happens. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Singh375 said:

I don’t think it’s a bani as such. Here bhai sahib say guru ji were asked how arrows fly in battle, how the drum of victory plays, how neela (blue horse) gallops. 

It’s big shame the only thing people remember 10th Guru Sahib for is they are master warrior. They are also master of raag, arts, poetry etc. The most compassionate father and so much more we never consider 

Based on my imagination and artistic license😅

perhaps instead of giving a long descriptive answer guru sahib could have picked up their instruments and answered the questions via more creative way of singing. Like Bhai sahib say in video the composition creates the impression as if arrows were flying, drums beating, horse galloping. Leaving the listener quite mesmerised. Then maybe this tuk is documented in some historic account or diaries even?

I mean just imagine Guru Sahib sitting on their throne and being in their mouj 😀😊☺️

like it could have been a group of children who ran to guru sahib to ask about how battle happens. 

Thank you ji🙏

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

I didn't get it.

Is there any tradition of doing Kirtan of 'Shankaar nirale tiran di' among taksalis, nihangs etc.

To my knowledge, I don't think so. Perhaps it is a kavita that is supposed to be sort of a rendition of what Guru Sahib said

5 minutes ago, intrigued said:

To my knowledge, I don't think so. Perhaps it is a kavita that is supposed to be sort of a rendition of what Guru Sahib said

But doing it's Kirtan in sangat..... isn't that against maryada?

25 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

But doing it's Kirtan in sangat..... isn't that against maryada?

Hanji..thats why I was confused on why he was singing it and if it was Gurbani or not.

20 minutes ago, intrigued said:

Hanji..thats why I was confused on why he was singing it and if it was Gurbani or not.

But he is a very popular and experienced ragi. He won't make the mistake of singing non-gurbani shabads in sangat.

Hv u heard about 'akhin ghatta moon vich dattaa...'?

5 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Hv u heard about 'akhin ghatta moon vich dattaa...'?

No I haven't ji

5 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

But he is a very popular and experienced ragi. He won't make the mistake of singing non-gurbani shabads in sangat.

I agree which is why I first thought it was Gurbani but I can't seem to find it anywhere