Interesting Article | Interpretation of Sikh History from a Non-Sikh

Whatdoiknow

On 10/27/2021 at 5:47 PM, MisterrSingh said:

It's a clear attempt at pitting Sikhs against some nebulous form of Islam, by equating medieval Mughal expansionism with its various contemporary terror-related forms.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion??

If the piece had a disproportionate emphasis on Sikh-sullay wars, I'd think you might have some point. But clearly it hops onto modern conflicts with India. The section on brits is a dig, pretty much along the lines of 'you were not up to form on that conflict, and got bum-raped'.  If a white with even a tiny bit of supremacist thinking wrote it, that bit becomes predictable too.  In that you're good enough to fight these sullay and hindus but don't try it with us. 

Am I suggesting we leap into bed with Islam and its adherents? No. But I don't like attempts by outsiders trying to mine our painful and blood-soaked history to manipulate us into following whatever current strand of policy they've devised against one of the existential dangers facing them.

I'm ecstatic that some of you peasants are clocking onto that. Shame more didn't in the past, or you wouldn't have wasted all that blood and resources defending some foreign land's sovereignty (instead of your own) - twice. We need more to think like this so they won't be jumping into conflicts they have no business in. But saying that I expect to find a certain a bunch of id1ots still fighting for Panjab police, India, yadda yadda yaddaa. 

Equally, intention counts for a lot. If the guy's aim was to flatter Sikhs and shed light on a quaint and once-proud warrior race, then fair enough. But I don't take things like this on face value. There's always a purpose behind it however faint.

I think these lot (west) have been bum-raped by sullay so much now, that some may be trying to find some solace in finding accounts where their 'enemy' has been defeated. But like I allude to earlier, the piece covers more than that. If it makes some apna get hyped enough to jump into some conflict they have no business in - then I'm be inclined to think that person was some sort of top league dumbo. But then again, seeing as historically, hordes of certain apnay have done just this - I'm sort of getting your hawkishness.  But be aware, many of us our just too intelligent to fall for this type of hyping - it's the type of thing an oafish, dimwitted Panjabi mungo might fall for though I guess? 

Your cheap little attempts at psycho-analysing and shaming me into conforming to your worldview isn't working and it never will.

You don't half talk some shyte sometimes.   Are to saying that I tried to use long outdated and discredited Freudian 'psycho-analysis' techniques on you? Do you even know what you are saying? 

I wouldn't try and shame you into anything btw. You patently have no shame as is evident from your constant volte faces. lol

I still stand by my point that only a top level <banned word filter activated> would get manipulated into doing something rash by a piece like that. And I don't think it particularly highlighted sullay conflicts, it clearly mentioned other lines of contention.