Setting up off grid eco village

shastarSingh

13 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

Won’t the haze/smog/paddy burning and industrial pollution etc makes the solar ineffective in major cities such as Ludhiana? 

No

Solar panels, solar geysers and solar inverters r being used successfully in Ludhiana but not to the extent they shud be used as people are reluctant to make the initial investment.

Same people hv no problem spending lots of money on cars, phones etc.

28 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Proactive veerji

Just to clarify things

If you hv a solar farm, you can sell solar power to govt. and make money.

Due to corruption in the govt. , it's not signing many agreements with solar farms, but if good govt. comes, we can hv solar farms all over punjab.

If u install 3KW(sorry I wrote mega watts earlier) solar panel on the roof top of ur house, it will cost around 2 lakh rupees.

If u generated 12 units a day and used 15 units from govt. grid, govt.  will bill u for only 3 units.

If u used 12 units from govt., u will hv zero bill.

If u used 10 units from govt, govt. Won't pay u for the 2 units u gave to govt.

Basically, solar farms can solve all electricity problems of punjab if an eemandaar govt. comes.

Shine Solar energy solutions is a solar company in Ludhiana and they hv the know how to revolutionize punjab with solar energy.

Their contact no. +91 8872045945

If u hv solar farm, u can earn money by selling electricity to the punjab govt.

If u use solar panel on the roof top of ur house, u can't earn money but u can make ur electricity bill zero or close to zero.

Good effort on this thread singh. I’m now thinking of possibly adopting a solar panel installation in my ancestral Pind’s gurughar. 

i still think that pollution is still a problem for cities or pinds close cities as well. Same with dust storms in arab countries and large industrial pollution in China. 

see below article:

…. 

New research has found the smog and dust that sickens millions across India every year is also sapping solar power generation by more than 25 percent, far beyond levels previously thought.

In the first study of its kind, US and Indian scientists measured how man-made particles floating in the air and deposited as grime on solar panels combined to seriously impair sunlight from converting to energy.

This interference causes steep drops in power generation, they found…

https://phys.org/news/2017-09-air-pollution-india-solar-success.html

24 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

Good effort on this thread singh. I’m now thinking of possibly adopting a solar panel installation in my ancestral Pind’s gurughar. 

i still think that pollution is still a problem for cities or pinds close cities as well. Same with dust storms in arab countries and large industrial pollution in China. 

see below article:

…. 

New research has found the smog and dust that sickens millions across India every year is also sapping solar power generation by more than 25 percent, far beyond levels previously thought.

In the first study of its kind, US and Indian scientists measured how man-made particles floating in the air and deposited as grime on solar panels combined to seriously impair sunlight from converting to energy.

Just had talk with my friend who deals in solar panels.

He said that for some days/weeks, smog etc. does hv a negative effect but still solar panels function pretty ok.

Moreover, companies in Ludhiana take the smog effect into account and the price is adjusted accordingly.

Companies in Ludhiana give 25 year warranty and 45 years is the minimum life of solar panels.

45 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

see below article:

…. 

10 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Basically, solar farms can solve all electricity problems of punjab if an eemandaar govt. comes.

This the root of every problem in Punjab, whether it is social, religious or even ecological. The lack of a decent government is what has held Punjab back for the last 2-3 decades. Positive change can only come about once the people understand that one of the most valuable things they possess is a vote.