Inside a WhatsApp Group for Indian Men Whose Wives Left Them for New Lives in Canada

Premi5

@proudkaur21

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgd547/whatsapp-group-abandoned-indian-punjab-men-wives-in-canada

Inside a WhatsApp Group for Indian Men Whose Wives Left Them for New Lives in Canada

They paid a fortune to send their wives ahead to a future in Canada, hoping they’d follow on a spouse visa. But with the women finding solace from dreary lives back home, these husbands say they’re now left lonely and bankrupt.
  • Tweet
  • Snap

PHOTO: GETTY IMAGES

Jhujar Singh’s marriage was straight out of a dream. 

Three years ago, the resident of Punjab in northern India was 24 when he was introduced to his wife who was 18 then, just about the marriageable age according to the Indian law. And though the arranged marriage set-up meant the two had met just a couple of times before their wedding, he had gradually fallen in love with her. 

So, one day, when his wife spoke with him about her dream of relocating to Canada – the far-off country which immigration-obsessed Punjab looks at as almost their home base – he gave it serious thought. 

6 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

Lolllllll should we feel bad? I mean there have been so many cases now. Even if people blindly believe that's on them now.

I feel sorry for any normal women stuck with an emotionally dead, sociopath type myself. I'm not surprised that they run off if given a chance. 

I know that type of man would grind down a women's soul and feed off the misery.  Never listen to anyone but himself either. It's like a slow, soul destroying, death.