Cost of living greatly increasing

26 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's an ordeal to be overcome; stressful even if you've got all the mod-cons over there which most people do. It's just not a "holiday destination" that's conducive to unwinding, shanti, relaxation, etc. Family politics probably contributes to that as well. Expensive, too. You get very little in return for the huge sums of money spent on travel and costs while in Punjab.

It's energy draining.

It is so energy draining that you always seem to need at least 4 weeks in Punjab just to recover for a 9 hour journey but you can go to Australia for a 20 hour journey and make do with 2 weeks.

But instead of digressing from the topic.

We are all suffering from rising costs as inflation begins to be bite.

Firstly from supply chain issues from lockdown and now this Ukraine-Russia war. 

11 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Plus, I think the days of fat NRI Sikh girls being cajoled into going back to find a desi Punjabi husband are long gone, which was kind of one of the last threads  of maintaining East-West relations between the two locations. So, thanks to feminism and the fat positivity movement that's emboldened low status women to believe they're 10/10s, Sikhi is suffering. Thank you Marxists (!) ??

Yeah nah not happening mate. The blokes in Punjab are a bit....

Same with the women, they will go crazy if they marry a foreign born. 

Especially with the way they treat women and literally everyone. My parents were telling me that their mentality has changed so much ever since coming here, and they're still miles away from me and my brother.

10 hours ago, Kaurr said:

Yeah nah not happening mate. The blokes in Punjab are a bit....

Same with the women, they will go crazy if they marry a foreign born. 

Especially with the way they treat women and literally everyone. My parents were telling me that their mentality has changed so much ever since coming here, and they're still miles away from me and my brother.

Explain the confused and laughing bootha.

3 hours ago, Kaurr said:

Explain the confused and laughing bootha.

It wasn't me ftr.

13 hours ago, Kaurr said:

The blokes in Punjab are a bit....

A bit what? Come on, don't be shy or coy. Let us know. 

13 hours ago, Kaurr said:

My parents were telling me that their mentality has changed so much ever since coming here, and they're still miles away from me and my brother.

How has it changed? 

5 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

A bit what? Come on, don't be shy or coy. Let us know. 

It's a bit, I don't even know the word to describe it, but I would call it messed up. The other day I was talking to them and they were talking about how lighter skin looks nicer and that stuff, and then me and my brother obviously told them off. They also put women second class to men. I know that some women here are wh0res, and I don't agree that should be accepted in Sikhi, but the people over there take it too far. Like for starters, a man over there can go wherever he wants and doesn't need to ask or tell his wife, but if a woman needs to go somewhere, she literally needs to ask him for permission. There's money issues as well, with a lot of men taking the women's money, but she has to ask to spend it, and he can say no. Also, I find it bs how a women's izzat matters more than a man, it should be equal, a man should get the same treatment as a woman if he wh0res around. Another thing is rape, I knew a girl who almost got raped, and they didn't take her it to court and stuff cause they were scared it was gonna last years and then no one was going to marry her cause she would be 'inpure', wt f. Also, a man can be a rapist and no one could know and he would get married and nothing happens everything okay, but, a woman can be raped and then get treated like sh1t just cause she got raped. So many men over there wouldn't marry a woman that's been raped before, but I asked my brother this, and he said yeah I would cause it's not their fault. 

5 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

How has it changed? 

If my parents were still in Punjab they wouldn't let me take public transport every day on my own as a child, but they would be perfectly fine with my brother taking it. If I was over there in Punjab I wouldn't be able to drive just cause I'm a woman, but here I am about to get my learner's in a few months.