PEENEE SHARAAAAAAB!

Nama Singh

ok i aint a nerd but i was in America and there was a program on one of the digisat channels where the presenter went to visit a religous sect somewhere n this guy tried n tested them. He stayed with em i dunno how many days and they would drink lots at night... yet none one of them showed signs of being drunk. He even tested em by makin em stand on one leg n makin em walk in a straight line n apparently, if it was ne other person... they wudnt even be able to stand, let alone walk in a straight line. n apparently, his commentary that it was all due to the power of the mind...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcohol isn't always a bad thing, ofcourse anything that is intoxicating is not right, but even prominent Sikh historical figures consumed alcohol/drugs, Maharaja Ranjit Singh and Nihang Sikhs are just an example.

Whats your point.....the King of Kings Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji said we are not meant to consume alcohol....these prominent sikh historical figures went against his hukam :wub: @

Hi Akal,

Sure, but Nihang Sikhs were the very reason that the Sikh misls were even accomplishing anything.

And Maharaja Ranjit Singh, well that man led the most succesful misl (territorial wise) and even managed to conquer the Pathans, who have never been conquered by any other people even till this day. I beleive he actually got a hold of territory from Dehli to the Sands of Iran.

My own personal opinion is alcohol is against Sikhism, but just because one consumes it, does not make him less "Sikh" then one who does not. Live, and let live.

Hi Akal,

Sure, but Nihang Sikhs were the very reason that the Sikh misls were even accomplishing anything.

And Maharaja Ranjit Singh, well that man led the most succesful misl (territorial wise) and even managed to conquer the Pathans, who have never been conquered by any other people even till this day. I beleive he actually got a hold of territory from Dehli to the Sands of Iran.

Kings come and go dude, they aren't the best role models.

Maharaja Ranjit Singh was a great guy, but he had his shortcomings.

Kings come and go dude, they aren't the best role models.

Maharaja Ranjit Singh was a great guy, but he had his shortcomings.

I understand your point, but lets not downplay how important of a role he played in Sikh history, he had his shortcomings in his personal life, but thats according to 'rehit maryada', I loved how he was, sort of reminds me of 2pac's line "Only God can judge me."

p.s. he never even thought of himself as a king, infact he wouldnt even sit on his throne, but on the floor next to it. Also, even though his kingdom was a secular one, he still called it a Sikh kingdom. Not one person was given the death penalty during his reign and he was the most succesful "Sikh" emperor in history, I quoted the word Sikh, because some historians argue he was actually ex-communicated from Akali Phoola Singh and some say he wasn't.

The thing I admire the most about him is his humility. When he made a mistake, he didn't let his ego come in the way, and he accepted it. He always let the Nihang Singhs smack him around, never letting his power cloud his vision.

It wasn't too smart to conquer far off lands that he had no business to. But that’s what Kings do, expand expand…until they blow up. hahaha