Birs written by Baba Deep Singh ji

Deep Singh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Mahavir ji

Can anyone confirm this, because this is the first time I've heard it. I allways thought the original copy was at Harmandar sahib.

Anybody?

That statement is correct, however fortunatly there were other birs made especially by Baba Deep singh ji, so I wanted to confirm this is where are the handwritten birs written by Baba Deep Singh ji?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

the bir of guru jee at darbar sahib upstairs is not a puratan bir. it is a bir that is hand written but is replaced every hundred years or so.

the original bir of guru jee, written in bhai gurdas's hand and edited by guru arjun sahib is in the hands of dhir mal's descendants at kartarpur (the kartarpur that guru arjun founded not the one that guru nanak started) and thus is known as the kartarpuri bir. not everyone agrees that this bir is the original granth though, though there is quite a lot of evidence that would point at it being the original bir.

the original full guru granth sahib (with guru tegh bahadur's shabads and slokhs) written under guru gobind singh sahib's guidance at damdama sahib (damdami bir) was destroyed by the afghanis during the vadda ghalughara. shaheed baba deep singh apparently made five copies of the bir, but im not sure where they are. four were in gurmukhi, and apparently one was made in arabic.

gurFateh

Harmandar Sahib bir (whose prakaash is done upstairs at Darbaar Sahib) was written by Bhai Gurdaas Ji, and dictated by Guru Arjan Sahib Ji.

wrong. the bir upstairs was given to darbar sahib in 1830 something by maharaja ranjit singh, this is in fact the largest bir in the world.

as to the question, the four birs are no longer in the takhats, but are altogether into one gurdwara in amritsar, erm, i think its the place where he fought and had his head cut off, but i will make sure. the birs were shown on etc channel programme "bole so nihal"

gustaphi maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

thank you for all of the information Santbir Singh. I was talking to a senior Singh from the Taksal one day. He said that Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj had told some Singhs to prepare a Saroop of Guru Granth Sahib Ji and to send it to Mecca. This Hukam was given from Sri Damdama Sahib, after the Damdami Bir was prepared. Obviously, Bhai Mani Singh Ji & Baba Deep Singh Ji were given the seva to prepare the Bir. I'm almost positive its in arabic.

this is interesting as alot of people dont know about this and nobody talks about it much. Guru Maharaj wanted the message of TRUTH to be spread, not only GurSikhs from Punjab were given exposure to Gurbani. They wanted to clarify doubts to the entire world and thats why the Bir was went to Mecca.

Just an interesting fact: When Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj travelled, they also made stops in Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. and they met lots of ppl there who fell in Love with GURU JI and their message. They became GurSikhs of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. However, those ppl remained there due to their worldy affairs and family. They did not get a chance to see other Guru Sahibs. Their families to this day follow the message of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. They wear dastars, keep kes, wear simple bana, vegetarians, do daily Nitnem....(im not sure which Banis exactly...ive heard its Japji Sahib, Asa Di Vaar, So Dar, Sohila, others...basically Bani written by Guru Nanak Dev Ji)

Yeah, these people are GurSikhs of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and they are keeping that Rehit given to them by Guru Nanak Dev Ji alive. One of my relatives went there and they saw these people. They were sooo surprised to see them cau

se they look similar to modern day GurSikhs. The dont wear a Sri Sahib though. However, they keep a BARSHA with them. it is a spear like weapon. They said they were also told to be prepared from oppresspors. These facts were really interesting to me. Just thought id share them with the Sangat. I'm not saying they can be called "GurSikhs" cause we are to follow all 10 GURU SAHIBS. but these ppl dont know much after Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Im just sharing what i heard from a Singh.

Also, a Singh went there and wrote about these people in his book. I dont know the name of the book or the Singh. I was told by somebody that these people are written about in a book.

if i said anything wrong, please forgive me