Jump to content

Sikh man shot dead ‘execution-style’ in a New York neighbourhood


Recommended Posts

www.opindia.com/2022/06/sikh-man-shot-dead-execution-style-in-new-york-south-ozone/amp/
 

Sikh man shot dead ‘execution-style’ in a New York neighbourhood, the area had previously seen hate crimes against Sikhs in April

 

On June 25, a 31-year-old Sikh man was shot dead in New York in the South Ozone Park area. According to media reports, the deceased identified as Satnam Singh was shot ‘execution-style’ while sitting in a jeep near his home on Saturday afternoon. Singh was rushed to the hospital where doctors declared him dead.

The New York police informed that the incident happened near the South Ozone Park neighbourhood, next to Richmond Hill where three other Sikh men, in two separate incidents, had been attacked in the month of April. 

This incident is the fourth such incident of crimes against Sikhs that took place around New York’s Richmond Hill area, in the last three months. Both Richmond Hill and South Ozone Park have large numbers of people of Indian origin.

As per media reports, there was a discrepancy between the police and eyewitness accounts of Satnam Singh’s killing. According to the New York police, the shooter came on foot and shot Singh as he sat in the jeep, but a neighbour said the assailant had fired from a car. The neighbour confirmed that her home security camera had captured the incident.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

This is the same area where the elderly Sikhs were attacked by blacks, yes?

That's racist. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not being serious of course, but thats what some snowflakes would say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Premi5 said:

www.opindia.com/2022/06/sikh-man-shot-dead-execution-style-in-new-york-south-ozone/amp/
 

Sikh man shot dead ‘execution-style’ in a New York neighbourhood, the area had previously seen hate crimes against Sikhs in April

 

On June 25, a 31-year-old Sikh man was shot dead in New York in the South Ozone Park area. According to media reports, the deceased identified as Satnam Singh was shot ‘execution-style’ while sitting in a jeep near his home on Saturday afternoon. Singh was rushed to the hospital where doctors declared him dead.

The New York police informed that the incident happened near the South Ozone Park neighbourhood, next to Richmond Hill where three other Sikh men, in two separate incidents, had been attacked in the month of April. 

This incident is the fourth such incident of crimes against Sikhs that took place around New York’s Richmond Hill area, in the last three months. Both Richmond Hill and South Ozone Park have large numbers of people of Indian origin.

As per media reports, there was a discrepancy between the police and eyewitness accounts of Satnam Singh’s killing. According to the New York police, the shooter came on foot and shot Singh as he sat in the jeep, but a neighbour said the assailant had fired from a car. The neighbour confirmed that her home security camera had captured the incident.

Very sad and shocking news. Let's hope the police start treating this seriously and stop this race hate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Big_Tera said:

Very sad and shocking news. Let's hope the police start treating this seriously and stop this race hate.

If it was ‘execution style’ killing, then it’s less likely to be race/hate-related. 
 

possibly it could be related to criminal rivalry 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

If it was ‘execution style’ killing, then it’s less likely to be race/hate-related. 
 

possibly it could be related to criminal rivalry 

If so, why are apne moving into this particular place? Is it the only affordable place for immigrants to the area?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

If so, why are apne moving into this particular place? Is it the only affordable place for immigrants to the area?

I think we need someone like @Ranjeet01 who knows NY well to give us an opinion. 
 

I have no idea , but probably it’s not the only affordable place

The article doesn’t say the demographic of the killer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

If so, why are apne moving into this particular place? Is it the only affordable place for immigrants to the area?

The Richmond Hill area is the only area in NYC that has a substantial Punjabi population. It is not known to be a dangerous place.

Punjabis move there for the same reasons they move to areas with relatively large populations in the UK (or Canada, or any other country).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, californiasardar1 said:

The Richmond Hill area is the only area in NYC that has a substantial Punjabi population. It is not known to be a dangerous place.

Punjabis move there for the same reasons they move to areas with relatively large populations in the UK (or Canada, or any other country).

I see. Makes sense.

 

Quote

On April 13, OpIndia reported how unidentified men attacked and robbed two Sikhs in the Richmond Hill neighbourhood of Queens in New York. This incident had come a week after a 75-year-old Indian Sikh was attacked while he was on his way to Gurudwara Sahib in Queens, New York to offer his obeisance. The victim, identified as Nirmal Singh, suffered a broken nose and bruising to his face. The New York police said that the attack that took place on 95th Avenue and Lefferts Boulevard at around 6:45 am was unprovoked since no words were exchanged prior to the assault.

There's definitely a problem in that area regarding attacks on Sikhs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63072113 Russia's Vladimir Putin will hold a signing ceremony on Friday to annex four more areas of Ukraine after self-styled referendums condemned by Ukraine and the West as a sham. Russian-backed officials had earlier claimed the five-day exercise secured almost total popular support. So-called votes were held in Luhansk and Donetsk in the east, and in Zaporizhzhia and Kherson in the south. The Russian president will make a major speech at the Kremlin. A stage has already been set up in Moscow's Red Square, with billboards proclaiming the four regions as part of Russia and a concert planned for the evening.  The event echoes Russia's annexation of Crimea in 2014, which also followed a discredited referendum and was heralded by a Kremlin signing followed by a presidential victory speech in parliament. That initial annexation has never been recognised by the vast majority of the international community, and nor will this.  Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said the "pseudo-referendums" were worthless and did not change reality. "The territorial integrity of Ukraine will be restored. And our reaction to recognition of the results by Russia will be very harsh."  No independent monitoring of the Russian process took place and election officials were pictured going from door to door escorted by armed soldiers. "Tomorrow at 15:00 (12:00 GMT) in the St George Hall of the Grand Kremlin Palace a signing ceremony will be held on incorporating the new territories into Russia," said spokesman Dmitry Peskov. Separate agreements will be signed with the two Russian-backed separatist leaders from the east and the two Russian-appointed officials from the south. As with Crimea, Russia's two houses of parliament will formally ratify the annexation treaties next week. The Russian president is expected to address to the upper house of parliament on 4 October, three days before his 70th birthday.  The US has said it will impose sanctions on Russia because of the staged referendums, while EU member states are considering an eighth round of measures, including sanctions on anyone involved in the votes.
    • ਨਾਮਧਾਰੀ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਦਲੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ  ਨਿਹੰਗ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਦੇ ਜੱਥੇਦਾਰ ਸਰਦਾਰ ਮੇਜਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨਾਲ ਨੇ ਸਹਿਮਤ । VID-20220929-WA0000.mp4
    • You really are full of nonsense. The reason the Gujaratis came to Britain after being expelled from Africa was because they had British citizenship, no other reason. Many of them had to live in detention camps when they arrived! They did not uplift the image of Indians by selling saris and owning corner shops, something that Punjabis were doing where they were a majority anyway. 
    • Because Naamdharis are absolute masters at kirtan. Simple. On the topic of Akal Takht, it doesn't really hold the same authority as it did in the past. Just look at the people running it and you'll get what I mean. Most the panth, outside of stuff like Tankhaya, don't care about anything they have to say. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use