Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think the recent colonial era and the 'Green revolution' plays a big part in this.  

Definitely but recently migration (mass-exodus) made it worse in terms of tearing the social fabric, morals, etc. It astonishes me how low people have stooped, particularly in the past decade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tallan sahib. The fact that people do this shows how spiritually bankrupt majority of people in Punjab are. Literally pathetic.

Many earlier immigrant groups are an example of this. How many 3rd generation immigrants of non-English European origins still speak their language? They're completely assimilated but since Panjabis c

You're right, this is properly disrespectful. Who is allowing this to go on unchecked? Doabans doing this, you can understand, but how is this stupidity spreading unchecked?  But these days,

Posted Images

Just now, 5aaban said:

I think the horses have some historical connection with Talhan Sahib Gurdwara too. 

But these are the reasons for different toys

Gudda (male doll) to fulfil the wish of a male child

Horses for good health

Planes for flying out (which make up the majority) 

 

This does seem a bit.........primitive.  Donations of food stuff and materials to help maintain a gurdwara I can understand, but this just seems like some primitive, animalistic 'offering to the gods' practice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

This does seem a bit.........primitive.  Donations of food stuff and materials to help maintain a gurdwara I can understand, but this just seems like some primitive, animalistic 'offering to the gods' practice. 

They're doing what Sikhi forbids, blind, meaningless ritualism and offerings. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

Definitely but migrating (mass-exodus) made it worse in terms of tearing the social fabric, morals, etc. It astonishes me how low people have stooped, particularly in the past 2 decades. 

The people who emigrate from Panjab today do not remotely, look, act or think like the older original immigrants that I remember. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

The people who emigrate from Panjab today do not remotely, look, act or think like the older original immigrants that I remember. 

The very young ones who come without family/partner aren't the best. They think coming abroad gives them a free pass on everything, including cheating (e.g. abandoning partners). There have been cases of suicide due to this. 

From what aunties say, recently immigrated girls dress worse than those raised here (who are still somewhat modest).  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

The people who emigrate from Panjab today do not remotely, look, act or think like the older original immigrants that I remember. 

I These advertisements are everywhere, on shops, polls, news channels, radios.

image.png.b208920799e5e980187befd1b81eb293.png

They're visually and mentally disturbing. I visited a few years back, when people discover you're from overseas, they ask you for immigration advice and make you to talk in English so they can perfect their own English!  I won't be surprised if children forget their 'oora-aira' because English is becoming so ingrained. 

 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

From what aunties say, recently immigrated girls dress worse than those raised here (who are still somewhat modest). 

Where is 'here' to you? Australia? 

The ones in the UK don't dress immodestly, but I can sense they have serious double lives going on.

 

10 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

The very young ones who come without family/partner aren't the best. They think coming abroad gives them a free pass on everything, including cheating (e.g. abandoning partners). There have been cases of suicide due to this. 

You know what, many if not most of the young, financially successful guys from back home I've met here, seem to have strong sociopathic or NPD traits. They seem to all be inherently dishonest to a fault. Compulsive lying seems to be a norm. I can actually understand why females who aren't like this would run away at the first opportunity. 

Also, as (I think you?) posted previously. There are often big intelligence/intellectual differences between some rural Panjabi males and females, which we can tell by how often the females have to do certain courses to immigrate, that the bloke is too thick to do. That must be torturous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Where is 'here' to you? Australia? 

 

Yes

 

5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Also, as (I think you?) posted previously. There are often big intelligence/intellectual differences between some rural Panjabi males and females, which we can tell by how often the females have to do certain courses to immigrate, that the bloke is too thick to do. That must be torturous.

I posted about the mass-exodus and the issues it brings. One of them is rural (and urban) boys who have the money just make the girls do the exam, sometimes they get abandoned because the girl usually goes alone. There have been cases of these guys resorting to suicide because the girls abroad didn't respond to their texts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 5aaban said:

Yes

 

I posted about the mass-exodus and the issues it brings. One of them is rural (and urban) boys who have the money just make the girls do the exam, sometimes they get abandoned because the girl usually goes alone. There have been cases of these guys resorting to suicide because the girls abroad didn't respond to their texts. 

On another forum a canuck brother was saying that lots of middle eastern refugee women who'd settled in the Toronto area with their families were leaving them and running off to BC at the first opportunity.    

I think maybe when we come from quite a controlling society, and then suddenly get thrown into a greater level of freedom, people firstly go mental, and run a mile away from their previous societal structure. You have to teach people to sit inside freedom when they aren't used to it - or they will be like a poor, starved kid let loose in a candy shop. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

On another forum a canuck brother was saying that lots of middle eastern refugee women who'd settled in the Toronto area with their families were leaving them and running off to BC at the first opportunity.    

I think maybe when we come from quite a controlling society, and then suddenly get thrown into a greater level of freedom, people firstly go mental, and run a mile away from their previous societal structure. You have to teach people to sit inside freedom when they aren't used to it - or they will be like a poor, starved kid let loose in a candy shop. 

Personally, I don't think Panjab is a controlling society (compared to the middle east). I was quite shocked last time I went, its becoming increasingly liberal due to immigration.

Barely any young man wears traditional clothing (both rural & urban) and women are adopting western clothing (in cities/towns). Almost everyone in villages has access to smartphones, social media and the internet. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 5aaban said:

Personally, I don't think Panjab is a controlling society (compared to the middle east). I was quite shocked last time I went, its becoming increasingly liberal due to immigration. 

I think generationally, we have experienced two different things in terms of Panjabi culture. All I ever heard from hordes of females growing up was complaints about being controlled. But then maybe them being 'special needs' <cough, cough> played a big part in this and such people can't tell their ar5e from their elbow?

I can see things aren't like what they used to be now too. 

Plus, I think we shouldn't really idealise our society. I think Charitrio Pakyaan written over 300 years ago, clearly shows us that 'scandalous' behaviour, is no new phenomena. 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use