Do anybody know why we jap Vaheguru

3 hours ago, redoptics2013 said:

Anybody know why we jap Vaheguru? The shabab only appears 13 times in Guru Granth Sahib Ji  none of our Gurus mentioned it, shabad like Har appears over 9 thousand times, so does anybody know why we have taken to Vaheguru so much ? 

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh!

Khalsa Ji, Vaheguru is the Gurmantar given to us by Guru Sahib. That's why when we take Amrit, Panj Pyare tell us that we must do Gurmantar which is Vaheguru Jap and Mool Mantar. Screenshot_2023_0501_210429.jpg.d1fedf13d035478a638f81797ba78ab9.jpg

Bhul Chuk maaf ji

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh! 

4 hours ago, redoptics2013 said:

Anybody know why we jap Vaheguru? The shabab only appears 13 times in Guru Granth Sahib Ji  none of our Gurus mentioned it, shabad like Har appears over 9 thousand times, so does anybody know why we have taken to Vaheguru so much ? 

Because the Bhatts are praising Guru Sahib only and not another God (like Vishnu).

The Jaap in Dasam Granth starts with Sri Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Va = Vasudev, He = Hri, Gu = Gobind and Roo = Ram (I think Ram)? 

These were the known Lord's name in the past jugs. Today it means from Darkness (Gu) to roo (light). Another meaning is Lord, take me from darkness and into light. 

Now... WHY is it Waheguru??? GOOD QUESTION! Am afraid IDK but my above answer may be some help. 

10 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

Va = Vasudev, He = Hri, Gu = Gobind and Roo = Ram (I think Ram)? 

These were the known Lord's name in the past jugs. Today it means from Darkness (Gu) to roo (light). Another meaning is Lord, take me from darkness and into light. 

Now... WHY is it Waheguru??? GOOD QUESTION! Am afraid IDK but my above answer may be some help. 

The only reason I ask, I'm reading Guru Granth Sahib Ji from Ang1 and he speaks of har a lot, plus Wow Guru the euphoria of realising his teachings.

On 5/9/2023 at 7:44 PM, dallysingh101 said:

One of things I find slightly perplexing is how extant hukam-namas from Guru Sahiban say 'Guru Guru Japna'. 

I presume is it a shorthand? 

I am speaking  a lot with my Punjabi teacher, jap is spelled differently several times, you get jap with onkar/mukta/sihari.  When you get jap with the sihari means recitation.

This is from my current understand 

34 minutes ago, redoptics2013 said:

I am speaking  a lot with my Punjabi teacher, jap is spelled differently several times, you get jap with onkar/mukta/sihari.  When you get jap with the sihari means recitation.

This is from my current understand 

Also, although Gurmantar is obviously important, and has been given to us for a reason(s). I don't think we should treat it like some people treat mantars like some 'magic incantations' to manipulate situations. It's like what we've been given as a doorway to connect to naam. 

I do believe the four-syllabic aspect of our Gurmantar is significant though, there is something about meditating to that.