Sikhism Paintings [reply ASAP plz]

Getae

Hi guys,

I've recently been looking into getting a portrait done of my clan ancestor Akali Phoola Singh, and its going to be about 6 feet by 8 feet or so, the guy I'm getting it done by however is jumping alot when it comes to the price, first he said 8, 000 now hes upto 15, 000.

Does anyone have any ideas on people who do paintings? And what their price would be on such a painting? It's not something I'm going to be worshipping, just a reminder.

Please reply ASAP. Thanks in advance!

Hi Sony,

He's an ancestor by blood as he belonged to the same clan I did. He's not like a clan ancestor that all people from my clan worship, but he is one that was of our clan and the ones that know about him, hold his legacy dear, as should all Sikhs as he was a very influential general.

I'd say how I found out but I think the admins here are a bit too strict and this whole post would eventually get deleted, please pm me.

Admin note: Getae Jee, as of now our intentions are not to delete this thread but to request you to refrain from discussing Jaat/Paat of Gursikhs. -

hmrI jwiq pwiq guru siqguru hm vyicE isru gur ky ]

humuree jaath paath gur sathigur hum vaechiou sir gur kae

The Guru, the True Guru, is my social status and honor; I have sold my head to the Guru.

getae..

you said before the painter is asking for 15 000... ($,£, Rs).. either way that money can be better spent on doing seva at a gudwara with it or the community.. What would you gain with a 6ft by 8ft painting of akali phoola singh?? would that get you futher in sikhi??

gurfateh.