Memorial Parade

Guest Sony

Fateh,

Hey did neone see the memorial parade that happened in India today?? it was so amazing, to see the Sikh infantry ( i think thats what htey are called) they looked awesome, the only thing missing was a float from Punjab, all the sates had one, but I didnt see the one from Punjab, was hoping khalsa would be all dressed in bana and doing gatka or something. but nai,

still it was really nice to see all the sardars dressed nice and everything :umm: I think we should be proud.

That's nice to know phaenjee.. yeh seeing sardars in combat dress is something you can never get tired off... Sikhs in Indian army may have excellent talents in many fields and most important is that they are living upon their ideals and serving for the land where their families lives. Great job they are doing !!

However there's the dark side, but glad that sikhs are not involved in it. You see there's upper part of management and they are bad and they use their bullying method to get work done from lower management peoples which most of the time is illegal according to their constitution/legal system. Those sardars in Indian army may have excellent knowledge of other fields such as in engineering, craftmanship and

so on.. But since its india, it's very hard to find a job specially if one belongs to poor family. Corruption is playing the game in that country. Most of sardars in the army are there because it's the only way for those sardars to get few money to feed their families. Now since I don't have any fact, but majority of senior retired officals do know that and often give interviews. And you can always check out the living standard of the families of those soldiers not only sardars but other communities too.

So my point is that to our eyes this parade maybe seen as Awesome or cool as they all of em are nicely dressed, tall sardars but to them it may not be a cool lifestyle. Sometime we have to take the shades off to see the reality...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Soo much anger and hate.....Doesn't matter what if you swore or not, that was wrong. "

whatever, sardars in the indian army will be the ones to kill our own people, gen shubeg singh now there is a soldier. and 99% of these sikhs in the indian army drink there behinds off. no better than the nice looking sardars in the punjab police. oh kps gill so dashing in his pag...

mann...quam layyee kurbani....

you need to chill...OR ATLEAST do some research...HOW many people in the INDIAN army do YOU know??????

i'm guessing not many........

or how about this...HOW many times have you BEEN to india????

i'm guessing not many.....

i got to india quite often...and its really not that bad there anymore....walking down the streets...most people respect you and call you sardar ji.....

ALSO...i do know several uncles in the military and in the airforce....and through them have met their friends and they are some of the most well disciplined gursikhs i know....they get together and do sangat quite often....

and before you say "oh these guys must be having low posts"...WRONG again!

my uncle is a wing commander in the airforce....

so before you go mouthing off..spitting out statistics you CANNOT verify...stop, take a deep breath, and give those fingers a rest...

Actually,

yea we were talking about that, that a lot of Sants were in the army at one point in time.......

but i guess things were a lot more strict when the british were in power, cus u had to be a full AmritDhari then right? ...

Im not sure which Sant these were, but is it true? Can neone tell me of some Sants that were in the Army at some point?

pul chuk maaf

Fateh

I know that the mahapursh that started samagams in Dodra, lovingly known as Bauji, worked in the indian army in Burma. In fact, he said that there was a gurdwara on the base there in which the giyani ji used to get all the singhs in the army together to do sikhi...it's here that bauji developed his intense love and devotion toward guru ji and started his gurbani da khoj...