Few Personal Things To Share With Sangat

S1ngh

Since most of you know me personally and most of you know that i am from california and i have website sikhpride.com and so on… There are many people whom i know a lil bit, but the funny thing is that yesterday i considered them my best friends or my best posters on Sikhsangat.com, recently they are calling me, emailing me, pm'ing me with vulgar language and attacking my family verbally, I have to pull my personal family website off the server (http://www.vickysingh.us). I would like to share with u how i see several things in my views.

In my life both on cyber and in reality i met people who say right in your face. "You tie your beard, you are not sikh. You gel your beard you are not sikh." Sometime, Hey Is SikhSangat.com really your website? Then you are AKJ person. Then sometime "You are wearing Maroon Turban, what's wrong with you." "You can't be gurmukh if u don't wear dumalla, peak style turban is punjabi not sikhi" and so on.. How i react? All with smile. No i am not that humble lol… but i don't get mad at anyone easily because it's not their fault either. But regardless of the comments i have seen/heard in my life, i never did turn my back to anyone.

Am i a political person? There are rumors going on that vicky (S1ngh) did it for political reason. I won't be surprised if next time i hear, Vicky was/is GOI agent. lol Yes i have strong interest in American Political system but i don't support the party blindly, I supported local dems in my local city and so did i supported Rep. Senate campaign of Chicago. But anyway going back to topic, in Sikh religious politics, Sikh family politics, Sikh Friends politics.. I never had interested in it, never in my life. I personally hate sikh politics, i never had interest in Sikh political category.

Since Network revealed my name out in public that Vicky Singh did everything and after that for past 36 hours i got several calls and several emails and Private messages saying.. "Freak", Weirdo... Ego ... posting gurbani tuks of Ego, lust and so on. And then official emails bringing my personal family in this dirty fight. I do not mind if it deals with me but if it deals with my real friends, relatives and family then thats another thing. I may be seen as singh who always smiles but i can get as bad as next person to me but i always try to keep calm, at least i try. I am not praising myself here, nor i want any sympthay from anyone, all i want is to share whats going inside me with others, thats what sangat is for.

vicky singh the owner of this forum? Answer was NO, and it's still NO. Three years ago, This forum was created by me and Khalsa (Sikhionline singh). We built this forum while we were not blessed with amrit. We tried our best talents to make this forum much better place for sangat and then Amardeep came and helped us. Everything that happens to this forum is first discussed with it's original sewadars. There's no and there never was one man action behind it. Sikhsangat inspired several youth to follow guru's path, several dozen members gave head to guru sahib jee (including me).. That's the sikhsangat i wanted to be in when all members were inspired by dozen of posts and where we can have funny posts and have good inspiration videos/pictures and so on. We don't see those stuff anymore on old network sikhsangat. We took a 180 degree turn and started attacking each other personally. You are Taksali, you are dodra, you are akj, you are nang, you are not nihang, you are anti-nihang, you are nanaksari, you are radha swami, you are this or you are that... Personally i felt we weren't talking about messages anymore, we were talking about messengers. i don't know but we few of us sewadars took this step to get rid of those stuff after trying hundreds of unsuccessful attempts at old network sikhsangat. We had Views clashes under Sewadar section. I never disliked anyone on the network, im not learned gursikh nor i limit myself to particular jathabandi. 99% of my friends are monay. im more like a common maybe confused sikh in the society. i go along well with everyone and at last i never wanted to hurt anyone nor i ever like to do chugleey whether its on msn or it's on phone.

We may not be good in releasing press releases, we may not be good in several other things, but as far as i know i can tell you the ppl (not including me) who are moderating this forum are neutral minded gursikhs and they are liked by all .. not by only one SPECIFIC particular jatha. Thus we won't have biased views from admins.. Anyway.. This post is not the official reply of SikhSangat.com but its just daas sharing his inside views with sangat.

One personal comments to all of you and I would like to convey it in punj-english. Jeh tusa Kaum ekta deh gal karday yo, the pehala jah keh society wich hissa lavo. 99% of Sikhs jehray tuhaday lagay chagay rehanday neh, jinnah nuh assa “FOB” kehanday neh teh hate karday yo, uhna nuh sikhi the lihavao, camp bacheya dah lavo, homeless sheleteran teh jaah keh help karo, society wich program karo. Protesting tah apa barrey jaldey karday neh society vich, but kadey Punjabi society deh betterment vaastay koe program karday yo? Jado doojjaay karday neh, tah apa kehanday ya.. leh eh tah jaedaa hey cultural ya.. plea is.. Pehla reality in Punjabi society vich kam karo.. fir jah keh online teh prachar karo. Kaum ekta choota motta joke nahey haega, and ehnay ehda ik doh reply on forums teh pah keh nahey solve hoona teh hunda..

At the end, i would like to add... In 3000+ posts of mine, i loved the company of all of members whether you are network sewadar or whether you are common member of fewer posts and whether you are from US or from any other parts of the world: I thank you for sharing knowledge with me and helping me to shape my sikhi much more better. I would like to announce i would like leave the admin-ship of the forum but will work as a mere moderator of this forum.

In your charan

Vicky Singh

Former Admin - 1 (Network id on other forums)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If only I could find my Head bow smiley.....

Point being, Vik's done alot for us. Anyone that's attacked him over the last 36 odd hours, isn't a person that we should associate with. Forget about pulling the forum out of W!N. If they *ahem* leaked out his name by *ahem* accident, then they weren't that good to start with. Yes, you heard me right, I'm saying that W!N isn't the best. The only reason most of us visited it, or even knew of it is because of Sikh Sangat. Naturally, they're upset that we've left, but the actions they've taken after this forum left is despicable.

I personally think that reducing the amount of moderators and dropping the very biased mods was the best move sikhsangat could make, this is a good forum but sometimes extreme views let it down, too strict moderation sometimes (discussions on rehit), and too lax other times (dissin other jathas/groups).

A discussion forum can never work if people get too emotional about their beliefs, whole point of the forum is discussion (a bit obvious) and other people should be allowed to air their views, something that i found was never possible here, sorta like treading on egg shells.

Dont take peoples attacks too seriously, stay in chardi kala

Mad respect and im sorry to hear that family has been brought into this. I trust u like mad and know you wouldnt lie about that kinda thing. Chalo.

On a personal note, I have nothing against SikhSangat.com or W!N. Not gonna diss the sevadars coz they are thus.. sevadars at the end of the day. Most of you guys know me too as helping to run Sikhifm.com website which is nowhere as wkd and brilliant as these two sites. However, through Sikhifm.com u will to see a trend.. the fact we are open for all. There is LOADS of AKJ content on there as well as Taksaali, AKJi, Nihang stuff and lots more. Its very varied. And i support this kinda parchaar totally. The view of where the only jatha we belong to is the jatha who follows and studies Gurbani. The jatha of Sikhi.

End of the day, im shocked and appalled by the resonse too by people. End of the day, it shouldnt effect you. You can still post freely... you can still learn a lot more from each other. all posts are there. all the Gurbani etc posts and literature is there. Sure, a few features like the STTM button dont work but other than that, the forum is fine now. Shouldnt be a problem.

SaintSoldiers (now SikhUnderground.com) is also back. W!N - should u wish to do another website for SaintSoldiers, go for it jio. No problem. But please, i have this request, just do it for the right reasons. Not because you feel you have to compete. Im not saying this is the case at all, but just incase. Coz the team running the site is not competing. This kinda thing pisses me off. Theres another site out there trying to compete with Sikhifm which is all good man. Beautiful design to the site and i rate it but it hurts me to know they are competing. Sikhifm is not a great design. Its popular because of the good content as we end up having soooo much brilliant talent here in the UK and some excellent events.

Support all websites. SikhSangat.com - u keep up ure brilliant contribution to the panth and W!N u keep up ures too. No teams better than the other. We are all brothers here. Dont be sad to each other by saying "no we arent helping u in this that n the other"... work as one. N if u do work together... u dont have to announce it. Just do the seva, get on with it and dont let ure members feel disheartened by seeing u all argue and fight. It does hurt. Trust me, ive been feeling it for the past 2 days and im sure others have to.

Rock on SIKHSANGAT AND W!N :umm: - we dont wanna know ure names. We just wanna know that u guys are there for us.

The only reason most of us visited it, or even knew of it is because of Sikh Sangat. Naturally, they're upset that we've left, but the actions they've taken after this forum left is despicable.

what??! from what i've heard, sikhsangat only had about 2-300 members... UNTIL they joined W!N, which is when tons more people started joining to add up to a couple thousand members.

That's what I've heard, and i can see why it would be true... i personally hadn't even HEARD of sikhsangat.com until they joined waheguroo network....

Vickey (with an e) , after reading your post i was lost for words. But then a very close friend said to me that life is filled with good experiencs and some bad but the key is to learn from these experiences and sort through them to keep whats valuable and walk away from whats not valuable.

To us, and to those who value the good experiences on the forum, now is the time to keep whats valuable and walk away from these unnecessary fights and feuds.

understandably you are upset and so are the W!N sewadars but everyone has to move on and do whats rightfully their responsibilities. You must now concentrate on sikhsangat.com just like you have been doing over the past three + years.

some make wise decisons, some don't but I want you to know that I support you 99.9%.

0.1% i took out cos u spelt "Independent" wrong in the LOGO :T: LOL.gif

The only reason most of us visited it, or even knew of it is because of Sikh Sangat. Naturally, they're upset that we've left, but the actions they've taken after this forum left is despicable.

what??! from what i've heard, sikhsangat only had about 2-300 members... UNTIL they joined W!N, which is when tons more people started joining to add up to a couple thousand members.

That's what I've heard, and i can see why it would be true... i personally hadn't even HEARD of sikhsangat.com until they joined waheguroo network....

Well actually you heard wrong, sikhsangat.com when we moved to W!N server, had over 400 members, ofcourse our previous server had crashed and W!N offered to host us, so most of the members came back.

At the same time Sikhawareness.com started. And has been a totally independant forum since. sikhawareness has almost the same amount of members as sikhsangat. So you are telling me that in three years sikhsangat.com which was already a bigger forum wouldnt have the amount of members it has now? what a joke.

The truth is Sikhsangat.com provided a large amount of traffic to W!N network sites not the other way around.