Sikhsangat.com Presents..

S1ngh

This clip is provided by our brothers and sisters of San Jose State Univ. Here's the small 10MB small screen clip which gives good info on how most of SSA's are highly linked with only Bhangra and never try to promote sikhi events.

Lecture is by Reena Kaur who was active in SSA and currently helps to run Sikh Kids camp in Sacramento.

RIGHT CLICK HERE AND CHOOSE SAVE TARGET AS.. (Save it & then watch it)

WoW i thought i'd never see Sikhsangat promoting Bhangra and Sikhi together??? Now i know something has defintly changed!! But we'll see how long does it take for someone to make this a Gurmat v.s Anti-Gurmat.

Waiting :@

Pheena veerjee i think you missed the point of the clip.. watch the clip and then you will know hehe tongue.gif That clip shows that how SSA's only work to promote bhangra events rather than sikh event :umm:

Please the attached speech lecture paper :cool:

sjsu.doc

WoW i thought i'd never see Sikhsangat promoting Bhangra and Sikhi together???  Now i know something has defintly changed!!  But we'll see how long does it take for someone to make this a Gurmat v.s Anti-Gurmat.

Waiting 

Pheena veerjee i think you missed the point of the clip.. watch the clip and then you will know hehe tongue.gif That clip shows that how SSA's only work to promote bhangra events rather than sikh event :umm:

Please the attached speech lecture paper

damn im an <banned word filter activated>... blush.gif thanks for the reminder that its still the same..lol..no pun intended. :cool:

WAHEGURU JI KAKHALSA WAHEGURU JIKI FATEH

didn't want to say anything but then...thought i should...

loved it..i didnt know that SSA's did that...

im happy that at IL uniz students aren't into that.not many are involved with SSA, but the one's we got are awesome with guru sahib jis kirpa. I remember some of us wanted to do bhangra under the name of SSA, but with our good fortune, we had some Gursikhs who gave us the reasons to why we shouldn't. we didn't see anything wrong with it till we heard the exaplanation. (I wasn't involved, but I heard it from my friends, and ofcourse i thought nuffin was wrong with doing bhangra...lol but then when i heard the exaplantion...i was convinced). I think we need to learn how to say "NO!!!" and give a proper exaplanation to that NO.

I think it comes down to the rules and purpose that was stated when the SSA was established! and by being consistent!(keeping rehat mariyada in mind)

my 2 cents..(The things i learned from Sikh’s of Illinois)

now dont start on bhangra issue all ovetr again..plzz..but try to read the statements of the uni's SSA's(their puporse of having the org.)

bhul chuk juaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fatehh

Guest SikhForLife

hey i can speak from experience.. being the VP and the President for over a year and half.. my SSA has dealt with all this ..

quite a few of our members wanted to start doing bhangra.. and go to competitions and stuff..

so we proposed that they form a different organization.. so now we have our SSA and then Bhangra Club..

which is ok.. cuz it doesnt interfere with SSA activities.. of education and promotion of Sikhi in the community.. although we have had bhangra parties sponsered by the SSA.. just a quick way to make money though..

but plans are to get rid of the parties as well..

• 1 year later...