I Took A Cyber Hukamnama

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa

Waheguruji Ki Fateh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GurPyari Sangat jio,

i have a slight situation. i want to shak amrit this baisakhi and i face a lot of opposition from my husband. my in laws aren't religious and to him its kind of an embarassment and controversy in his family.

so i took a cyber hukamnama to help me. please help me understand and explain me the hukum.

it is as follows.

suMdru suGVu sujwxu byqw gux goivMd AmuilAw ](928-1, rwmklI, mÚ 5)

sundar sugharh sujaan baytaa gun govind amuli-aa.

The Lord of the Universe is beautiful, proficient, wise and all-knowing;

vfBwig pwieAw duKu gvwieAw BeI pUrn Aws jIau ] (928-1, rwmklI, mÚ 5)

vadbhaag paa-i-aa dukh gavaa-i-aa bha-ee pooran aas jee-o.

His Virtues are priceless. By great good fortune, I have found Him; my pain is dispelled, and my hopes are fulfilled.

ibnvMiq nwnk srix qyrI imtI jm kI qRws jIau ]2] (928-2, rwmklI, mÚ 5)

binvant naanak saran tayree mitee jam kee taraas jee-o. ||2||

Prays Nanak, I have entered Your Sanctuary, Lord, and my fear of death is eradicated. ||2||

slok ] (928-2)

salok.

Shalok:

swDsMgiq ibnu BRim mueI krqI krm Anyk ] (928-3, rwmklI, mÚ 5)

saaDhsangat bin bharam mu-ee kartee karam anayk.

Without the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, one dies wandering around in confusion, performing all sorts of rituals.

koml bMDn bwDIAw nwnk krmih lyK ]1] (928-3, rwmklI, mÚ 5)

komal banDhan baaDhee-aa naanak karmeh laykh. ||1||

O Nanak, all are bound by the attractive bonds of Maya, and the karmic record of past actions. ||1||

jo Bwxy sy myilAw ivCoVy BI Awip ] (928-3, rwmklI, mÚ 5)

jo bhaanay say mayli-aa vichhorhay bhee aap.

Those who are pleasing to God are united with Him; He separates others from Himself.

nwnk pRB srxwgqI jw kw vf prqwpu ]2] (928-4, rwmklI, mÚ 5)

naanak parabh sarnaagatee jaa kaa vad partaap. ||2||

Nanak has entered the Sanctuary of God; His greatness is glorious! ||2||

CMqu ] (928-4)

chhant.

Chhant:

gRIKm ruiq Aiq gwKVI jyT AKwVY Gwm jIau ] (928-4, rwmklI, mÚ 5)

gareekham rut at gaakh-rhee jayth akhaarhai ghaam jee-o.

In the summer season, in the months of Jayt'h and Asaarh, the heat is terrible, intense and severe.

pRym ibCohu duhwgxI idRsit n krI rwm jIau ] (928-5, rwmklI, mÚ 5)

paraym bichhohu duhaaganee darisat na karee raam jee-o.

The discarded bride is separated from His Love, and the Lord does not even look at her.

nh idRsit AwvY mrq hwvY mhw gwrib muTIAw ] (928-5, rwmklI, mÚ 5)

nah darisat aavai marat haavai mahaa gaarab muthee-aa.

She does not see her Lord, and she dies with an aching sigh; she is defrauded and plundered by her great pride.

jl bwJu mCulI qVPVwvY sMig mwieAw ruTIAw ] (928-6, rwmklI, mÚ 5)

jal baajh machhulee tarhfarhaavai sang maa-i-aa ruthee-aa.

She flails around, like a fish out of water; attached to Maya, she is alienated from the Lord.

kir pwp jonI BY BIq hoeI dyie swsn jwm jIau ] (928-7, rwmklI, mÚ 5)

kar paap jonee bhai bheet ho-ee day-ay saasan jaam jee-o.

She sins, and so she is fearful of reincarnation; the Messenger of Death will surely punish her.

ibnvMiq nwnk Et qyrI rwKu pUrn kwm jIau ]3] (928-7, rwmklI, mÚ 5)

binvant naanak ot tayree raakh pooran kaam jee-o. ||3||

Prays Nanak, take me under Your sheltering support, Lord, and protect me; You are the Fulfiller of desire. ||3||

The Lord of the Universe is beautiful, proficient, wise and all-knowing

that says all

His Virtues are priceless. By great good fortune, I have found Him; my pain is dispelled, and my hopes are fulfilled.

maharaj is very good, how good, we cannot say. if i asked a question on how good god was, one would "he is good" another would say "he is very good" and another saying he is "very very goood". yet with all these answers, which one do i believe? all the questions are right, but just by saying "he is very very very good" still does not calculate how good he is. its a rhetorical question, (though in this shabad it does not ask how good maharaj is) but its something that you ask, but you dont have the answer to, because we dont know the answer!

Prays Nanak, I have entered Your Sanctuary, Lord, and my fear of death is eradicated. ||2||

maharaj has entered his gurus sanctuary (saying he has become mukath) and in doing so, his fear of death has been conquered.

Without the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, one dies wandering around in confusion, performing all sorts of rituals.

bin bhaga satsang na labhe, bin sangat mehl parji jio. in our world, alot of people like me are low life fools. but even aaj kaal di gurdwara ki sangat are not the sadh sangat that maharaj describes. why, well would certain bibiyan in true sadh sangat be talking about "flaane da taya di chachai da phophar that mundai da aaj viah hogya si" (someones uncles, other uncles other uncles son got married aaj). true sadh sang is where actually attempts for simran are being made. true gyaan comes from simran. some may ask themselves, why is that person got more gyaan than i do, the answer, it depends on the simran they do. if you join this sadhsang, you will turn into the people around you (i.e. do paath like everyone else) and eventually you will get enough gyaan that you stop performing reituals etc.

O Nanak, all are bound by the attractive bonds of Maya, and the karmic record of past actions. ||1||

everyone gets to involved into maya, but its all because of the past actions. remember, taisa sevie, taisa hoe. from what i heard, the first people in satjug had alot of pyaar and nimarta, eventually they began to have kaam and krodh etc into their minds. of course they regretted it and repented so much at first, but then eventually they got used to it and ended up to be the maha paapis i am today.

Those who are pleasing to God are united with Him; He separates others from Himself.

those who do paath and simran and sewa, and do their best to follow hukam, and they give it 110%, they become at one with god, others, he seperates because they dont do the paath etc.

Nanak has entered the Sanctuary of God; His greatness is glorious! ||2||

and now, maharaj is praising god because he works in myserious ways.

Chhant:

now we move to the strange part of this shabad...

In the summer season, in the months of Jayt'h and Asaarh, the heat is terrible, intense and severe.

the summer is hot and severe, and now due to global warming its even severe.

The discarded bride is separated from His Love, and the Lord does not even look at her.

alot of people enjoy the summer, and like little kids, play. the soul bride is too attached to maya and enjoys the summer, despite it being very hot. and she forgets god, hence got does not look at her for her acts.

She does not see her Lord, and she dies with an aching sigh; she is defrauded and plundered by her great pride.

my interpretaion is maharaj describes the monthes as maya, and he gives us an example, because she is so indulged into the maya and enjoys the summer, eventually she dies, and in doing so, she forgot god.

She flails around, like a fish out of water; attached to Maya, she is alienated from the Lord.

sach chod, jooth sang machai

at first she was with god, and now she enjoys maya (the summer) she gets involved with whats around her, and in doing so, maharaj no longer wants to see her.

She sins, and so she is fearful of reincarnation; the Messenger of Death will surely punish her.

ape bij ape he kai

what you sow, you reap. alot of people in the middle ages particularly were scared of death because they sinned so much. now, the person has sinned so much ( by forgetting god) that she is scared of reincarnation, and eventually death will get her for this.

Prays Nanak, take me under Your sheltering support, Lord, and protect me; You are the Fulfiller of desire. ||3||

maharaj has now one benti to god, that he saves him and does not want to end up like the woman who gave up god for maya.

gustaphi maaf

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa

vaaheguroo jee kee fatheh !!!!!

Dear bhainjee,

it's really unfortunate that some people would think of taking amrit as an embarrassment. i would like to humbly request you to "refresh" your mind and always know that taking amrit is an honour that only comes to less than 1 in 60 million people !!! plus not just that, but even fewer people actually live up to it, and this is a challenge and a gift to be cherished - please never feel embarrassed about joining into God's army and becoming a true Lion Daughter of Guru Gobind Singh, the king of kings.

Bhainjee, when you take a cyber hukam from sikhnet or any other website, you should try to do ardaas to guru ji just like you would if you were in front of the parthakh suroop of guru granth sahib ji.

then guru sahib will bless you with a hukam.

when you read the hukam, according to many gurmukhs the proper way is to take the hukam from the first "salok" on the ang. if the shabad starts on the previous ang, go to the previous ang.

from this i think the following is the hukam you received (which is the first salok that continues onto the ang that you have pasted in your message above).

salok ||

Shalok:

oudham agam agocharo charan kamal namasakaar ||

Strive for the inaccessible and unfathomable Lord, and bow in humility to His lotus feet.

kathhanee saa thudhh bhaavasee naanak naam adhhaar ||1||

O Nanak, that sermon alone is pleasing to You, Lord, which inspires us to take the Support of the Name. ||1||

sa(n)th saran saajan parahu suaamee simar ana(n)th ||

Seek the Sanctuary of the Saints, O friends; meditate in remembrance on your infinite Lord and Master.

sookae thae hariaa thheeaa naanak jap bhagava(n)th ||2||

The dried branch shall blossom forth in its greenery again, O Nanak, meditating on the Lord God. ||2||

shha(n)th ||

Chhant:

ruth saras basa(n)th maah chaeth vaisaakh sukh maas jeeo ||

The season of spring is delightful; the months of Chayt and Baisaakhi are the most pleasant months.

har jeeo naahu miliaa mouliaa man than saas jeeo ||

I have obtained the Dear Lord as my Husband, and my mind, body and breath have blossomed forth.

ghar naahu nihachal anadh sakheeeae charan kamal prafuliaa ||

The eternal, unchanging Lord has come into my home as my Husband, O my companions; dwelling upon His lotus feet, I blossom forth in bliss.

su(n)dhar sugharr sujaan baethaa gun govi(n)dh amuliaa ||

The Lord of the Universe is beautiful, proficient, wise and all-knowing;

vaddabhaag paaeiaa dhukh gavaaeiaa bhee pooran aas jeeo ||

binava(n)th naanak saran thaeree mittee jam kee thraas jeeo ||2||

I think you made a resolve to take khande-ke-pahul Amrit on Baisakhi... and Guru sahib jee has blessed you with a beautiful hukamnama about the beautiful season of Spring in which Baisakhi comes, and how you can use this time to become one with God and lose all fear and doubts.

NO doubt about it Guru sahib ji is speaking directly to you personally - you can interpret this however your soul feels.

please forgive my mistakes

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa

vaaheguroo jee kee fathehhhhh!!!!!!!

I found the first part rather than the spring part most interesting.

Strive for the inaccessible and unfathomable Lord, and bow in humility to His lotus feet.

(my reading of this in your situation would be that the lord is made "inaccessible" by worldly things, such as the effects of the actions of others. In this way, the opinions of family may be detracting you from taking Amrit. However, as suggested, you should not let this hinder you, and should continue to "strive" or go for it.)

Also:

The dried branch shall blossom forth in its greenery again, O Nanak, meditating on the Lord God. ||2||

( This seems to me that it could relate to something Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji once said, about if ones family drifts from Sikhi, the branch of Sikhi will wither and die from such a family. However, if they repent and re-find Sikhi (by becoming Amritdhari), the branch will once again become green)

( This line is also interesting, as we are aware the fear of death is taught to be eradicated after one has surpassed death, or in other words after one has taken Amrit)

( It is worldly things, or maya that is hindering your opportunity to take Amrit)

( this may be the family pride- perhaps the Hukam is telling you not to be blinded by the fear of any 'embarassment' your family may feel.

Anyway, these are just my opinions, and just to warn you, I am often wrong!

It is a most complicated circumstances to be in...it seems you need to consider this not only towards the progression of your spirituality, but also towards yoru Family Life. Not to say you haven't already... :umm:

You and Your Husband need to sit down and have a good Discussion about this, not Aruge. Let him know before hand that you want to talk about this NOT Argue. Share with him your desire to take Amrit, let him enter into your heart so he can realize the importence of this towards not only you but how it will be positive for the whole family. As for it being a embarasment or controversy in your surrounding Family. That is what you need to discuss with your Husband, because it is you who is taking Amrit, not They. It is going to affect your Immediate Family (Husband and Children) First before anyone else. They will be living besides you and there will be many thing they will have to change as well as you accordingly to the Rehit you choose to follow.

Others cannot see what is it that you seek when you desire to take Amrit. Do not worry about the surrounding family but you need to have an open discussion about this alone with your husband. Once he is able to grasp what is it that you seek, everything else will fall into place. If he does not grasp it, then a decision must be made by you to go ahead and take amrit or be patient until the time is right. But remember, Once your Love for your GURU is born, the relationship has already been created. It is the Marg of Prem or it is so in my understanding.

Forgive me, if it seems so, i do not mean to discourage you from the decision you wish to make, but personally I Feel if possible there must a sort of an agreement or atleast a sense of respect and acknowledgement between you and your Husband about this Decision.

Or there is always the Take Amrit first ask questions later approach, Take Amrit with or without the agreement of your husband/family and let the pieces fall where they wish....let the one whom you took an Oath and surrenderd towards deal with the aftereffects.

A suggestion, why don't you do the thing as exactly as you would if you had taken Amrit. Perhaps then you will get an idea of how your husband/children will behave to your new lifestyle. It will perhaps give you a glimpse on what to expect.

Forgive me if i had said something wrongfull.

Prayer is the Priority Class mail thru which a Sadhik shares his worries, his sorrows, his joy, his love, his surrender with his beloved....i suggest using it for he answers and listens to every prayer and best of all it is Free :cool:

May you find a resolution and may he bless you with nothing but Love towards himself and all who surround you.

Wahe...guru.

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa

Waheguruji Ki Fateh!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for everyone in the sangat to reply me and support me.

maybe u all don't know, but it really did help me alot.

Thank you so much for being there.

I will shak amrit this baisakhi and won't let any maya distract me.

may Waheguruji bless everybody.

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa

Waheguruji Ki Fateh!!!!!!!