Akj Amrit Sanchaar?

Khalsa Fauji

Sat Sri Akal:

Why did a simple question turn into a Jatha vc. Jatha issue every time? People are throwing names of Sants and Gursikhs everywhere, but never actually look at how much love they shared for one another. Perhaps there was something to learn from them?

Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji's biography states that Bhai Sahib was confused about the Gurmantar after his Amrit Sanchar. He wondered and wandered trying to figure out what it was. It was revealed to him upon a visit to a Gurudwara.

http://www.akj.org.uk/literature/article.a...=gurmat&f=srm02

Given or not, the Sikh of the Guru will be guided to the proper path by the Almighty itself. So stop worrying about these little things.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i have Sant Ishar Singh ji Rarewalay's kathas on naam abhiyaas on my computer and he actually talks about several methods of doing simran...from japping nam out loud, to swaas swaas, to reciting it in your head, to different chakras in the body.......so please don't try to mislead the sangat......

furthermore, none of us are arguing against your method of doing simran...only arguing the notion that IT is the ONLY method of doing simran...

JSS,

I'm not going to argue the point, but the three "methods" Sant Teja Singh mentioned are after he mentions "A" method that has been passed down since the times of the Gurus. These three "methods" he writes about after are not different really and fall into one. Naam starts on the tongue and is done out loud but eventually the goal is to make it go at all times whether out loud or silently. The first three "methods" are not different at all. Ajapaa jaap, if you call it a method, isn't something you can do voluntarily and only starts after a lot of abhyaas.

Anyways, I don't want to labour the point or debate much more about it. Like I said before, if you are happy with what you are doing and don't want to change, then I wouldn't dream of trying to tell you that you should. Do what you think is right and feels right according to Gurmat. The rest is up to Guru Sahib to do kirpa. At the same time, when I was confused about naam, getting naam driR was very helpful to me.

:cool: @ WOW i didnt realize that naam japna can be a ritual too...

PEOPLEEEE ... there is not ONE WAY of doing simran .... NO ........

.......... NOOOOO NOOOOO come on .. WHY ARE WE MAKING IT SUCHA RITUALISTIC THING that only way to do simran is SAAS GRAAS, or some other way .... come onnn......

............. this is very pathetic.......... :umm:

... HERE think about this... you got many gursikhs ...... Bhai Randhir Singh ji... Sant Jarnail singh ji ..... Sant Isher Singh ji ..... Sant Nand Singh ji ............ THEY DID NOT do same type of simran (if im not wrong)... everyone did their own how they thought would get them one with guru sahib. HENCE, there is no right way, its how you wanna share your LOVE with your BELOVED!!!

... i hope i didnt say anything wrong... and i hope my msg was clear enough... pray.gif

bhul chuk maph!

Noonespecial Jee,

I have nothing against the Dodrias or their Jatha. If I had a dislike of the Dodrias dont you think I would have replied to the thread about the Dodra Jatha recently which was later on closed? so take it easy... no need to get so excited...

JSS, you seem genuinely irritated at something. Sant Ishar Singh Jee Rarawalay does not talk about the 'several methods' as you claim. He explains the technique using swaas and how to do it, from there he explains the advanced stages such as Ajapa Jaap and the concept of the Chakras one will advance into after doing simran out loud with the swaas. It seems like you are confusing the advance stages of spiritual levels described by Sant Ishar Singh Jee as 'several methods' of doing simran. This is the main problem with many of the western born&breds who dont know Punjabi very well, so they hear kathas of Mahapurshas, pretend to understand them and misinterpret them.

Guest noonespecial

not excited at all..

if I was excited..you'd know veerji. :umm:

Also, please do not call it Dodra. The sangat itself does not label itself, so I don't think we should either.

As far as Sant Isher Singh's speech/diwan, I'm sure that you and JSS heard the same type but it is possible to take different meanings from it. I know I have learnt to look at some of the same quotes in Professor Puran Singh's books in a different way each time I read them. It's quite possible that you guys just heard something and interpreted it differently.

Guest Akaal108

I think jss is confusing different stages of simrans as different techniques of simran.

Puratan Sampardha- Nirmaley (Bhai Dya Singh Ji Sampardha, Harkhowley, Rishikesh and many more upsampardha) call it "Shabad Surat Marg"

And Akj peeps call it "Naam Dridh"

They are same thing...both starts with sehaj, discourage hath yoga and encourage sehaj and raj jog.

Ajapa Jap is advance stage. (Ie- Four types of Bani)

source: Ishwar Amolak Lal- Dairy of Sant Maharaj Baba Isher Singh Ji Rara Sahib

1. Baikri Bani- When one recites naam with javan(tongue), hout(lips), khaieyal(thoughts) that is called Baikari Bani.

2. Madhma Bani- When one recites naam in Kant(throat) without moving lips...just with the thoughts is called Madhma Bani.

3. Pasanti Bani- When one recites naam in hirda(heart).

4. Para Bani- When one recites naam in Nabhi(Navel) without moving tongue and with the thoughts.

Above all these 4 stages of bani is called Anhad Shabad. Simran happens with stoping the birthi/dhyaan in third eye chakar which is located between two eyes then above that is place of Trikurti and then above that there is Dasam Dwara where there is soo much light(roshani) and where anhad dhuni is playing..it can't be described only feeling ..then above dasam dwara there is sorat sachkhand where this atam gets merged and take nivas.

Abhyasi of Surat Shabad with the help of surat gained these khands.. with the help of Vahiguroo Simran surat travels through many chakars and eventually returns to the final destination. These many chakras are in human body..on them one stops their surat(concentration) and moves up to the final destination.

Naam Dridh-

Sit down, and close ur eyes and focus on ur trikuti (third eye) the Brow Chakara, and slowly breath in while saying Wahe and exhale saying Guru.

This is called swas swas simran. I was taught to do Naam Simran dis way when i took amrit from an Akhand Kirtani Jatha, the Panj Payray put their hand on ur head and install Naam Simran into u, thus teach u how to do it.

Or u can do naam simran shutting ur eyes, focusing on ur trikuti and singing Waheguru. However u feel like it, cuz the main thing is that u do Naam Simran. third eye, that way wen u finish, doin Naam simran u will feel dat ur mind becomes nuetral of thoughts and u feel completely relaxed.

Check out meditation technique section on sikhawareness guys...it has soo much information:

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...wforum.ppa?f=44

Personally I think goal is one take shabad and infuse in your surat in Gurmat and there are no other way of simran discussed in Sikhi.

Even Mata Ajeto requested Siri Guroo Gobind Singh Ji to shed light on abhyas: Guru Ji recommended her to do Shabad Surat (It's in suraj parkash granth..check it out)

Naam Dridh, Ajapa Jap, Anhad Shabad and different "START UP" techniques are all under "Shabad Surat Marg". Shabad Surat Marg should be ultimate goal.

I m sorry if it confusing..just tryin to clarify

This is the main problem with many of the western born&breds who dont know Punjabi very well, so they hear kathas of Mahapurshas, pretend to understand them and misinterpret them.

86209[/snapback]

wow thats kind of harsh dont u think? im sorry i was born in the west but i'm very proud of my ability to understand punjabi. just because we are born and raised in the west does not mean we do not understand punjabi, first.

second, we do try our best to understand what s being said in kathas. if we are mistaking in our understanding, then rather then saying that we pretend to understand maybe it would be a more mature thing to just explain to us what u think it means.

I have met JSS veerji, and he is someone who understands punjabi very well, and does his best to interpret it how he can. hes not pretending, if he does not understand it then please explain .... kindly.....

please dont judge people..............

Akaal108, thank u for clarifying that so nicely.... :umm:

pul chuk maaf

Fateh

the amrit is the amrit of dhan dhan guru gobind singh sahib

some freinds here said that amrit is not equal based on some punj piyare say different things

the point here is if the punj piyare are part of the panth then please do not say it is different

you have to go and beg for amrit. so can a beggar be a chooser as to what is better or what is even more better.

NO a beggar cannot comment on the quality.

If you are thirsty and have GURU SAHIBs kirpa and MERCY then your thirst will definetly be quenched other wise Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji tells us

iqRsnw ibrly hI kI buJI hy ]1] rhwau ]

thrisanaa biralae hee kee bujhee hae ||1|| rehaao ||

The thirst of only a few is quenched. ||1||Pause||

A question to all the brothers and sisters out there.

Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji is your living guru right.

Why not quote from what your LIVING GURU and try to understand what your living guru says rather than arguing what a particlar mere mortal had said or is saying.

What ever a mere mortal says CAN BE and WILL BE contested because a mere mortal is not perfect as it is a mortal.

If you try to follow what a MERE MORTAL says you will not get the perfect path and WILL NOT acheive the purpose of human life.

So why follow what the earthly human beings say??????

Qwky bhu ibiD Gwlqy iqRpiq n iqRsnw lwQ ]

thhaakae bahu bidhh ghaalathae thripath n thrisanaa laathh ||

They have grown weary, struggling in all sorts of ways; but they are not satisfied, and their thirst is not quenched

The PERFECT path is shown by the PERFECT GURU Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Avru aupwau n koeI sUJY nwnk qrIAY gur bcnI ]4]3]21]

avar oupaao n koee soojhai naanak thareeai gur bachanee ||4||3||21||

It is the Guru's Word that carries us across; Nanak cannot think of any other way.

This is the difference of Sikh from other paths. Sikhi gives free straight access to the Guru who teaches you everything. The only thing required is the thirst for knowing more and Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib leads you.

jYsI BUK qYsI kw pUrku sgl Gtw kw suAwmI ]

jaisee bhookh thaisee kaa poorak sagal ghattaa kaa suaamee ||

As is the hunger, so is the fulfiller; He is the Lord and Master of all hearts.

So why do you quote MERE MORTALS. Any one???????????

QUoTE FROM THE TRUE LORD SO THAT YOU ALSO BECOME A PART OF SPREADING THE TRUE WORD

hau mUrKu kwrY lweIAw nwnk hir kMmy