Akj Amrit Sanchaar?

Khalsa Fauji

Gurfateh!!

I was just searching the net for some info on Akhand Kirtani Jatha and came across this site:

http://philtar.ucsm.ac.uk/encyclopedia/sikhism/akha.html

The site is maintained by a Christian organisation, and they've got a fair amount of info on all religions, but was just reading what they have on Akhand Kirtani Jatha and there's the following statement :

"They also believe in a different Khalsa initiation ceremony, wherein the five beloved ones, or five Gursikhs place their right hand on the neophyte's head and meditatively repeat the mantra "Vahiguru", revolving around the innitiate for five or so minutes."

I didn't have amrit with Akhand Kirtani Jatha, but don't remember Panj Piare doing that, could be mistaken because my eyes were closed and it was nearly 10 years ago, but im pretty sure that didnt happen. :cool: @ (absolutly amazing smiley :umm: )

So i was just wondering if that is actually the case because i never heard that before and im sure my dad would told me as once many many years ago he had Amrit from Akhand Kirtani Jatha, before the massive Amrit Sanchaar at Graham Street in 1976, where Giani Amolak Singh Ji and Sant Baba Puran Singh Ji, were both part of the Panj Piare.

If anyone knows any different please enlighten me, as i am interested. :TH:

Bhul Chuk Maaf!!

Gurfateh!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep its Naam Dhrirr Karnaa

True that only Amrit Sanchaars at Rainsbayee Smaagams have naam Dhrirr karnaa. (please avoid saying "AKJ AMRIT SANCHAAR" etc... it goes against Gurmat - we take Amrit from Panj Pyaare - not a person, not a group, not an institution etc... Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale used to say: "if someone says I took amrit from so and so person, or so and so group, then don't call it Amrit, for Amrit is not administrated by people but by Panj Pyaare (within which Guru Sahib is haazar naazar))

I wonder how long it would take if 100 or 200 people are gonna take Amrit and you have to do Naam dhrirr for each one?

Bhai Rama Singh's Book describes accounts of people gettin Naam Dhrirr and people feel the spiritual energy - one phillipaeno lady fainted!!!!!! while she was unconscious (serveral mins) she was doing Waheguroo simran!!!!!

You get married once right?

You don't marry the same person twice!

Amrit is Amrit !! It is not that cheap that is so weak that it breaks!

People re-take Amrit usually because they have had lapse in Rehat and or committed one of the four kuraits (whereby it is compulsary to retake Amrit if you wish to be part of the Khalsa family/Panth)

food for thought.

for those who have taken amrit but want naam dhrirr then perhaps a suggestion would be that you ask 5 Singhs who are familiar with Naam Dhrirr to bless you with Naam Dhrirr in Guru's presence. (most likely it would be done privately with u and just the Panj pyaare in guru granth sahib ji's hazoori)

naam dridh is not given by any other Punj other then Punj linked with AKJ, AKJ like to belive that Budhal Dal give naam dridh, but I just want to say NO, Nihangs dont belive in it. If you did not get naam dridh when taking Amrit you not missing out. The true way to jap Naam is with LOVE, thats could be by using a mala, with a Veja. Waheguru Jee will bless you with what way he wants you to Jap Naam.

i fully agree with the above.. i mean, obviously it's entirely personal and varies with each person, but that's why i said

" "I" agree with the above"

unless yo'ure one of em white folk who renew their vows or whatever...you don't get marreid with the same person twice... and yes, again in agreement with whoever wrote it, amrit isn't a glass jar that you can jus break whenever you feel like it.

if you didn't get naam drirdh, and IF IT'S SOMETHING YOU REALLY REALLY WANT AND REALLY ERALLY NEED, then you know what, go do it, go for it, ti's your personal "agenda" (for lack of a better word coming to my mind).