Singhs 'n' Salons

Nama Singh

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its definately NOT ok. Man, you're so lazy, :nihungsmile:

For one, a gursikh bhai or bibi does not look good walking into a barber shop/salon. Think about the consequence this may have on someone who saw you going into one and they looked upto you, etc.

The barber will probably be the one washing your hair, and they're the same who cut the hair of others, they don't care about this gift from God, and cut people's hair not knowing the consequences.

And plus unless you're handicapped, or unable to wash your own hair you can have one of your family members wash it for you. Person who goes into a "salon" to get their hair washed for 1) is lazy and 2) wasting their money.

Bhul chuk muaf,

Vaheguroo jee kaa Khalsa! Vaheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Is it ok for a Singh (or a Singhni) to have their hair washed at a salon? Coz salons are supposed to clean and wash and condition your hair a lot better...? Or are we totally not allowed to let neone else touch our kesh?

86645[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Fateh!

Nah, Wash your own kes Singh! Wash your kes with love and devotion and they will look "nice and silky" just like them woman have them when they come out of the saloon. LOL.gif

I can't think of a more unsuitable place for a Singh/Singhnee to be. Do you also want the hairdresser to do your joora for you? LOL.gif

good good (by the way that dont mean im planning to go to a Salon, mr. Khalsa and GurSa Singh!)

its just one of those things that someone once raised with me. But apart from the wasting money and being lazy, would it be generally anti-rehat too?

If someone does go, it will only be to get some professional advice and a good clean and wash of kesh.

Gurfateh!!

Well...i been into a salon tongue.gif .... but went with a mate, she was getting her hair washed conditioned coloured etc. etc. whatever is the norm thesedays.

Anyway i never thought about someone else washing my hair, apart from when my mum use to wash it when i was a kid rolleyes.gif those were the days...

Anyway it cost my mate just short of 50 pounds to have it washed conditioned and cut her hair being just longer than shoulder lenght. So it made me curious as to how much it would cost me just to have it washed and conditioned, so i asked.

The hairdresser said 12 pound for standard wash and condition by a trainee, then she stopped and thought and asked...... how long is your hair??? ......i was like errm just past my knees... she was like hmmm it would probably cost you 36ish pounds and thats just to cover the cost of products and time taken and then she said..... im not sure we'd be able to do it because it wouldnt fit in the sinks. i was like whoa (see salons arent made for Khalsa)!!!

Anyway im way happier washing and conditioning my own hair in like 10 minutes because i love my hair and wouldnt want anyone else to touch it, plus i wouldnt pay any amount of money for some goree to wash my hair...it's mine all mine....hmmm i think im attached to my hair :umm:

Gurfateh!!

The barber will probably be the one washing your hair, and they're the same who cut the hair of others, they don't care about this gift from God, and cut people's hair not knowing the consequences.

86651[/snapback]

I agree with everything else but that... not all religions believe that their followers must keep their hair... so that necessarily doesn't account for them.. i mean even though Jesus didn't cut his hair, I don't think in the bible it says that they have to keep their hair.. but obviously if it was a sikh/punjabi person.. then yeh i don't think it would be rite...

but yah.. no point in goin to a salon...