naam_jap

WGJKK

WGJKF

TODAY'S HUKAMNAMA FROM SRI DARBAR SAHIB

Sri Amritsar.

January 2, 2006, Monday 05:30 AM. IST

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL, TWELFTH HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

I bow in reverence to the Lord, I bow in reverence. I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, my King. || Pause || By great good fortune, one meets the Divine Guru. Millions of sins are erased by serving the Lord. || 1 || One whose mind is imbued with the Lord’s lotus feet is not afflicted by the fire of sorrow. || 2 || He crosses over the world-ocean in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. He chants the Name of the Fearless Lord, and is imbued with the Lord’s Love. || 3 || One who does not steal the wealth of others, who does not commit evil deeds or sinful acts — the Messenger of Death does not even approach him. || 4 || God Himself quenches the fires of desire. O Nanak, in God’s Sanctuary, one is saved. || 5 || 1 || 55 ||

Monday, 20th Poh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

(Ang: 683)

WGJKK

WGJKF

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WGJKK

WGJKF

Sri Amritsar.

January 3, 2006, Tuesday 05:30 AM. IST

SORAT’H, 3rd GURU:

He alone is a Sikh, a friend, a relative and a sibling, who walks in the Way of the Guru’s Will. One who walks according to his own will, O Siblings of Destiny, suffers separation from the Lord, and shall be punished. Without the True Guru, peace is never obtained, O Siblings of Destiny; again and again, he regrets and repents. || 1 || The Lord’s slaves are happy, O Siblings of Destiny. The sins and sorrows of countless lifetimes are eradicated; the Lord Himself unites them in His Union. || Pause || All of these relatives are like chains upon the soul, O Siblings of Destiny; the world is deluded by doubt. Without the Guru, the chains cannot be broken; the Gurmukhs find the door of salvation. One who performs rituals without realizing the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, shall die and be reborn, again and again. || 2 || The world is entangled in egotism and possessiveness, O Siblings of Destiny, but no one belongs to anyone else. The Gurmukhs attain the Mansion of the Lord’s Presence, singing the Glories of the Lord; they dwell in the home of their own inner being. One who understands here, realizes himself; the Lord God belongs to him. || 3 || The True Guru is forever merciful, O Siblings of Destiny; without good destiny, what can anyone obtain? He looks alike upon all with His Glance of Grace, but people receive the fruits of their rewards according to their love for the Lord. O Nanak, when the Naam, the Name of the Lord, comes to dwell within the mind, then self-conceit is eradicated from within. || 4 || 6 ||

Tuesday, 21st Poh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

(Ang: 601)

WGJKK

WGJKF

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Ji ki Fateh

Sri Amritsar.

[January 4, 2006, Wednesday 05:30 AM. IST]

TILANG, SECOND HOUSE, FIFTH MEHL:

There is no other than You, Lord. You are the Creator; whatever You do, that alone happens. You are the strength, and You are the support of the mind. Forever and ever, meditate, O Nanak, on the One. || 1 || The Great Giver is the Supreme Lord God over all. You are our support, You are our sustainer. || Pause || You are, You are, and You shall ever be, O inaccessible, unfathomable, lofty and infinite Lord. Those who serve You, are not touched by fear or suffering. By Guru’s Grace, O Nanak, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. || 2 || Whatever is seen, is Your form, O treasure of virtue, O Lord of the Universe, O Lord of incomparable beauty. Remembering, remembering, remembering the Lord in meditation, His humble servant becomes like Him. O Nanak, by His Grace, we obtain Him. || 3 || I am a sacrifice to those who meditate on the Lord. Associating with them, the whole world is saved. Says Nanak, God fulfills our hopes and aspirations. I long for the dust of the feet of the Saints. || 4 || 2 ||

Wednesday, 22nd Poh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Ji ki Fateh

WGJKK

WGJKF

Sri Amritsar.

January 5, 2006, Thursday 05:30 AM. IST

WADAHANS, FOURTH MEHL:

Without the Guru, I am — without the Guru, I am totally dishonored. The Life of the world, the Life of the world, the Great Giver has led me to meet and merge with the Guru. Meeting the True Guru, I have merged into the Naam, the Name of the Lord. I chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, and meditate on it. I was seeking and searching for Him, for the Lord, my best friend; I found Him within the home of my own being. I see the One Lord, and I know the One Lord; I realize the Lord within my soul. Without the Guru, I am — without the Guru, I am totally dishonored. || 1 || Those who have found the True Guru, the True Guru — the Lord God unites them in His Union. Their feet, their feet, I adore; I fall at their feet. O Lord, Har, Har, I adore the feet of those who meditate on the True Guru, and the Almighty Lord God. You are the Great Giver, the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts; please, reward my faith, O Lord King. Meeting the Gursikhs, my faith is rewarded; night and day, I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. Those who have found the True Guru, the True Guru — the Lord God unites them in His Union. || 2 || I am a sacrifice, I am a sacrifice to the Gursikhs, my dear friends. They chant the Lord’s Name, the Lord’s Name; the Beloved Naam, the Name of the Lord, is my only Support. The Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is the companion of my breath of life; without it, I cannot live for an instant or a moment. The Lord, Har, Har, the Giver of peace, grants His Grace, and the Gurmukhs drink in the Ambrosial Nectar. The Lord blesses them with faith, and unites them in His Union; the Lord Himself adorns them. I am a sacrifice, I am a sacrifice to the Gursikhs, my dear friends. || 3 || The Lord Himself, the Lord Himself — He is the Immaculate Almighty Lord God. The Lord Himself, the Lord Himself, unites us with Himself; that which He does, comes to pass. Whatever is pleasing to the Lord God, that alone comes to pass; nothing else can be done. Even by all sorts of clever tricks, He cannot be obtained; all have grown weary of practicing cleverness. By Guru’s Grace, servant Nanak beholds Him; without the Lord, I have no other at all. The Lord Himself, the Lord Himself — He is the Immaculate Almighty Lord God. || 4 || 2 ||

Thursday, 23rd Poh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

(Ang: 572-573)

WGJKK

WGJKF

WGJKK

WGJKF

Sri Amritsar.

January 6, 2006, Friday 05:30 AM. IST

RAAG SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL, FIFTH HOUSE, PARTAAL:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Love of the enticing Beloved Lord is the most glorious love. Meditate, O mind, on the One Lord of the Universe — nothing else is of any account. Attach your mind to the Saints, and abandon the path of duality. || 1 || Pause || The Lord is absolute and unmanifest; He has assumed the most sublime manifestation. He has fashioned countless body chambers of many, varied, different, myriad forms. Within them, the mind is the policeman; my Beloved lives in the temple of my inner self. He plays there in ecstasy. He does not die, and he never grows old. || 1 || He is engrossed in worldly activities, wandering around in various ways. He steals the property of others, and is surrounded by corruption and sin. But now, he joins the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, and stands before the Lord’s Gate. He obtains the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. Nanak has met the Guru; he shall not be reincarnated again. || 2 || 1 || 44 ||

Friday, 24th Poh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

(Ang: 746)

WGJKK

WGJKF

WGJKK

WGJKF

Sri Amritsar.

January 7, 2006, Saturday 05:30 AM. IST

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lord’s Name does not abide within their hearts — their mothers should have been sterile. These bodies wander around, forlorn and abandoned, without the Name; their lives waste away, and they die, crying out in pain. || 1 || O my mind, chant the Name of the Lord, the Lord within you. The Merciful Lord God, Har, Har, has showered me with His Mercy; the Guru has imparted spiritual wisdom to me, and my mind has been instructed. || Pause || In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Kirtan of the Lord’s Praise brings the most noble and exalted status; the Lord is found through the True Guru. I am a sacrifice to my True Guru, who has revealed the Lord’s hidden Name to me. || 2 || By great good fortune, I obtained the Blessed Vision of the Darshan of the Holy; it removes all stains of sin. I have found the True Guru, the great, all-knowing King; He has shared with me the many Glorious Virtues of the Lord. || 3 || Those, unto whom the Lord, the Life of the world, has shown Mercy, enshrine Him within their hearts, and cherish Him in their minds. The Righteous Judge of Dharma, in the Court of the Lord, has torn up my papers; servant Nanak’s account has been settled. || 4 || 5 ||

Saturday, 25th Poh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

(Ang : 697)

WGJKK

WGJKF

----------------------------------------Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khlasa, Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh-----------------------------------

TODAY'S HUKAMNAMA FROM SRI DARBAR SAHIB Sri Amritsar.

[January 8, 2006, Sunday 05:30 AM. IST]

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL

He has extended His power in all four directions, and placed His hand upon my head. Gazing upon me with his Eye of Mercy, He has dispelled the pains of His slave. || 1 || The Guru, the Lord of the Universe, has saved the Lord’s humble servant. Hugging me close in His embrace, the merciful, forgiving Lord has erased all my sins. || Pause || Whatever I ask for from my Lord and Master, he gives that to me. Whatever the Lord’s slave Nanak utters with his mouth, proves to be true, here and hereafter. || 2 || 14 || 45 ||

Sunday, 26th Poh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page : 681)

----------------------------------------Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khlasa, Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh-----------------------------------

WGJKK

WGJKF

Sri Amritsar.

January 9, 2006, Monday 05:30 AM. IST

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He has extended His power in all four directions, and placed His hand upon my head. Gazing upon me with his Eye of Mercy, He has dispelled the pains of His slave. || 1 || The Guru, the Lord of the Universe, has saved the Lord’s humble servant. Hugging me close in His embrace, the merciful, forgiving Lord has erased all my sins. || Pause || Whatever I ask for from my Lord and Master, he gives that to me. Whatever the Lord’s slave Nanak utters with his mouth, proves to be true, here and hereafter. || 2 || 14 || 45 ||

Monday, 27th Poh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

(Ang : 681)

WGJKK

WGJKF

WGJKK

WGJKF

Sri Amritsar.

January 10, 2006, Tuesday 05:30 AM. IST

JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL, VAAR WITH SHALOKS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU: SHALOK:

The Lord grants His Grace, and dispels the pains of those who sing the Kirtan of the Praises of His Name. When the Lord God shows His Kindness, O Nanak, one is no longer engrossed in Maya. || 1 || The burning fire has been put out; God Himself has saved me. Meditate on that God, O Nanak, who created the universe. || 2 || PAUREE: When God becomes merciful, Maya does not cling. Millions of sins are eliminated, by meditating on the Naam, the Name of the One Lord. The body is made immaculate and pure, bathing in the dust of the feet of the Lord’s humble servants. The mind and body become contented, finding the Perfect Lord God. One is saved, along with his family, and all his ancestors. || 18 ||

Tuesday, 28th Poh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

(Ang: 709)

WGJKK

WGJKF