Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

WGJKK

WGJKF

TODAY'S HUKAMNAMA FROM SRI DARBAR SAHIB

Sri Amritsar.

January 11, 2006, Wednesday 05:30 AM. IST

SOOHEE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lord’s Name is the Love of the Lord. The Lord’s Love is the permanent color. When the Guru is totally satisfied and pleased, He colors us with the Lord’s Love; this color shall never fade away. || 1 || O my mind, enshrine love for the Name of the Lord. The Guru, satisfied and pleased, taught me about the Lord, and my Sovereign Lord King met with me at once. || 1 || Pause || The self-willed manmukh is like the ignorant bride, who comes and goes again and again in reincarnation. The Lord God does not come into her consciousness, and her mind is stuck in the love of duality. || 2 || I am full of filth, and I practice evil deeds; O Lord, save me, be with me, merge me into Your Being! The Guru has bathed me in the pool of Ambrosial Nectar, and the dirty residues of all my sins and mistakes have been washed away. || 3 || O Lord God, Merciful to the meek and the poor, please unite me with the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation. Joining the Sangat, servant Nanak has obtained the Lord’s Love; my mind and body are drenched in it. || 4 || 3 ||

Wednesday, 29th Poh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

(ANG: 731)

WGJKK

WGJKF

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WGJKK

WGJKF

Sri Amritsar.

January 12, 2006, Thursday 05:30 AM. IST

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The angelic beings and demi-gods are not permitted to remain here. The silent sages and humble servants also must arise and depart. || 1 || Only those who meditate on the Lord, Har, Har, are seen to live on. In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, they obtain the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. || 1 || Pause || Kings, emperors and merchants must die. Whoever is seen shall be consumed by death. || 2 || Mortal beings are entangled, clinging to false worldly attachments. And when they must leave them behind, then they regret and grieve. || 3 || O Lord, O treasure of mercy, please bless Nanak with this gift, that he may chant Your Name, day and night. || 4 || 8 || 14 ||

Thursday, 30th Poh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

(Ang: 740)

WGJKK

WGJKF

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh d_oh.gifd_oh.gif

Hukamnama from Sri Darbar Sahib Amritsar

1st magh samvat Nnakshahi 537 ,January 13, 2006, Friday 05:30 AM. IST

English Translation :

SORATH, 9th GURU:

The mind remains in the mind.

He does not meditate on the Lord, nor does he perform service at sacred shrines, and so death seizes him by the hair. || 1 || Pause ||

Wife, friends, children, carriages, property, total wealth, the entire world know that all of these things are false.

The Lords meditation alone is true. || 1 ||

Wandering, wandering around for so many ages, he has grown weary, and finally, he obtained this human body.

Says Nanak, this is the opportunity to meet the Lord; why dont you remember Him in meditation? || 2 || 2 ||

(Ang: 631)

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh pray.gifpray.gif

WGJKK

WGJKF

Sri Amritsar.

January 14, 2006, Saturday 05:30 AM. IST

SHALOK, FIRST MEHL:

The two lamps light the fourteen markets. There are just as many traders as there are living beings. The shops are open, and trading is going on; whoever comes there, is bound to depart. The Righteous Judge of Dharma is the broker, who gives his sign of approval. O Nanak, those who earn the profit of the Naam are accepted and approved. And when they return home, they are greeted with cheers; they obtain the glorious greatness of the True Name. || 1 || FIRST MEHL: Even when the night is dark, whatever is white retains its white color. And even when the light of day is dazzlingly bright, whatever is black retains its black color. The blind fools have no wisdom at all; their understanding is blind. O Nanak, without the Lord’s Grace, they will never receive honor. || 2 || PAUREE: The True Lord Himself created the body-fortress. Some are ruined through the love of duality, engrossed in egotism. This human body is so difficult to obtain; the self-willed manmukhs suffer in pain. He alone understands, whom the Lord Himself causes to understand; he is blessed by the True Guru. He created the entire world for His play; He is pervading amongst all. || 13 ||

Saturday, 2nd Maagh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

(Ang: 789)

WGJKK

WGJKF

WGJKK

WGJKF

Sri Amritsar.

January 15, 2006, Sunday 05:30 AM. IST

SHALOK, FIFTH MEHL:

They alone meditate on the Lord God, Har, Har, unto whom the Lord is Merciful. O Nanak, they enshrine love for the Lord, meeting the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. || 1 || FIFTH MEHL: Contemplate the Lord, O very fortunate ones; He is pervading in the water, the land and the sky. O Nanak, worshipping the Naam, the Name of the Lord, the mortal encounters no misfortune. || 2 || PAUREE: The speech of the devotees is approved; it is accepted in the Court of the Lord. Your devotees take to Your Support; they are imbued with the True Name. One unto whom You are Merciful, has his sufferings depart. O Merciful Lord, You bless Your devotees with Your Grace. Suffering, pain, terrible disease and Maya do not afflict them. This is the Support of the devotees, that they sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe. Forever and ever, day and night, they meditate on the One and Only Lord. Drinking in the Ambrosial Amrit of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, His humble servants remain satisfied with the Naam. || 14 ||

Sunday, 3rd Maagh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

(Ang: 521)

WGJKK

WGJKF

WGJKK

WGJKF

Sri Amritsar.

January 16, 2006, Monday 05:30 AM. IST

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

I met the True Guru, by great good fortune, and my mind has been enlightened. No one else can equal me, because I have the loving support of my Lord and Master. || 1 || I am a sacrifice to my True Guru. I am at peace in this world, and I shall be in celestial peace in the next; my home is filled with bliss. || Pause || He is the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, the Creator, my Lord and Master. I have become fearless, attached to the Guru’s feet; I take the Support of the Name of the One Lord. || 2 || Fruitful is the Blessed Vision of His Darshan; the Form of God is deathless; He is and shall always be. He hugs His humble servants close, and protects and preserves them; their love for Him is sweet to Him. || 3 || Great is His glorious greatness, and wondrous is His magnificence; through Him, all affairs are resolved. Nanak has met with the Perfect Guru; all his sorrows have been dispelled. || 4 || 5 ||

Monday, 4th Maagh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

(Ang: 609)

WGJKK

WGJKF

WGJKK

WGJKF

Sri Amritsar.

January 17, 2006, Tuesday 05:30 AM. IST

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has attached me to His feet. I have obtained the Lord as my companion, my support, my best friend. Wherever I go, I am happy there. By His Kind Mercy, God united me with Himself. || 1 || So sing forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord with loving devotion. You shall obtain all the fruits of your mind’s desires, and the Lord shall become the companion and the support of your soul. || 1 || Pause || The Lord is the support of the breath of life. I am the dust of the feet of the Holy people. I am a sinner, but the Lord made me pure. By His Kind Mercy, the Lord blessed me with His Praises. || 2 || The Supreme Lord God cherishes and nurtures me. He is always with me, the Protector of my soul. Singing the Kirtan of the Lord’s Praises day and night, I shall not be consigned to reincarnation again. || 3 || One who is blessed by the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, realizes the subtle essence of the Lord. The Messenger of Death does not come near him. In the Lord’s Sanctuary, Nanak has found peace. || 4 || 9 || 59 ||

Tuesday, 5th Maagh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

(Ang: 623)

WGJKK

WGJKF

Humble suggestion:

I think it would be more beneficial if you included the Hukamnama in Gurmukhi as well when posting it here. Reading just an English translation leaves a lot lacking. I'm guessing from today's translation that the Hukamnaama was "Gur poorai charni laaya, Har sang sahaee paaya", but it would be better if it was included so we'd know for sure. Just my suggestion.

Humble suggestion:

I think it would be more beneficial if you included the Hukamnama in Gurmukhi as well when posting it here.  Reading just an English translation leaves a lot lacking.  I'm guessing from today's translation that the Hukamnaama was "Gur poorai charni laaya, Har sang sahaee paaya", but it would be better if it was included so we'd know for sure.  Just my suggestion.

147161[/snapback]

WGJKK

WGJKF

My little Sister, from now on I'll post GURMUKHI and ENGLISH text of hukamnama sahib ji.

Thanks,

WGJKK

WGJKF