Warning... Know Your Religion!

Gurfateh!!

Sangat Ji, i just feel the need to remind us all that we should have sufficient knowledge in Sikhi, if any of us have any questions in relation to anything, we have Maharaaj Ji to answer all our questions. If we still do not understand, we have the Khalsa to help explain.

I also believe we should have enough knowledge of other religions, because i've noticed by learning more about others i appreciate Sikhi more and see hows Sikhi's ideology is far greater than any others.

I was just browsing the net and was on www.islamonline.net, where they have a question and answer section. Where those educated on Islaam answer questions Muslims may have.

Anyway i came across the following question:

http://www.islamonline.net/askaboutislam/d...questionID=5896

I found it hard to believe that such a well known Islamic website has given advice on how to convert Sikhs.

I don't ask that we retaliate, i just have a humble request, and that is we keep on learning about Sikhi from Gursikhs, even sites like this do parchaar i can say that i have learnt alot from Sikh Forums and hope that we continue to do so.

Be aware of all others Hindu's, Muslim's, Christian's etc etc. but DO NOT be AFRAID, for if we understand Sikhi we have nothing to worry about.......

Keep Educating.... :TH:

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Gurfateh!!

although i have absolutely no issues with those who wish to be extremely booksmart with our Faith... i find it is most important to simply have faith..... gurbaani itself will tell us how useless the general knowledge of the world is... and tells us to forget all intellectual pursuits...

i understand the sentiments that there are those who wish to be knowledgeable, and i would be lying if i never thought it was important.... but now, even though i'm young enough to probably be dunce still, i think i'm more concerned with being faithful than knowledgeable..

In MY eyes (please notice the capitalized word... i wouldn't want SOME members start hating on me and call me anti-panthic and narak-bound....), i think faith is even more important than knowledge, and that it doesn't matter WHY we do what we do, but what matters most is the fact that we actually DO what we do.... and that we understand its importance.. it's not blind faith.. t here's a difference between blind faith and what i'm describing here...

BUT that's just MY...MY..MY.... view..

and yes, i'm awaiting the "it's people like you who are enemies to our religion" comments :umm:

bu for me, i found THIS PART the most important of the previous post :cool:

I don't ask that we retaliate, i just have a humble request, and that is we keep on learning about Sikhi from Gursikhs, even sites like this do parchaar i can say that i have learnt alot from Sikh Forums and hope that we continue to do so.

First i never understood the reason behind convering.

Second. if by chance an individual decided to convert me there are 3 simple question i would ask him

1. Following your Religion have you become more Compassionate, Tolerant, Patient towards Life, towards others not only in your faith, but towards every living thing that surrounds you?

2. Following your Religion, Has Love grown within you not only towards those who are close to you, but towards your neighbours, strangers, Friends and enemies alike?

3. Following your Religion, Are you able to See, Perceive, Feel God that dwells in all of Existence or had a glimpse of it?

If he answers yes to anyone of these, then i would simply smile at him and move on. That is Faith that the path we both tread will gives us the same end results and there is no need to have an intellectual debate.

If he says no to all 3, then i would say that is what my path teaches me and it seem it is you who is on the wrong end. Smile with compassion and move on.

Gurfateh!!

Japmans Veer Ji, you made a very important point which i forgot to add, and that is, yes we should have sufficient knowlege in Sikhi, we should understand it and abide by it to the best of our abilities.

If there are any other ways forward i have missed, please feel free to add, for we are all still learning and trying to practice what we have learnt.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Gurfateh!!

Sat Sri Akal:

My agreements with Pheena Ji in the smiling and moving on...sometimes, the mind wants to beat the other person in a vocal debate...but if you want to do something, do Sikhi Parchar and encourage others to become familiar with their own faith.

Reminds me of a story my dad told me of Kavi Santokh Singh. Kavi Ji was a very learned man, up to and including the Hindu scriptures. He was under the employment of a Sikh Raja. Once, a Hindu scholar came and challenged Kavi Ji to a debate. Kavi Ji humbly smiled and refused the debate. The Hindu scholar proceeded to the Sikh Raja's court and said that your court's scholar is too scared of defeat he would suffer at the hands of the Pandit. The Sikh Raja, intrigued by this statement, summoned Kavi Ji to his court and asked why Kavi Ji had refused a scholarly debate. Kavi Ji replied that he was not comfortable embarassing the learned Hindu scholar and hurting his feelings.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I think knowledge of other religions is important, but as long as you have a great deal of knowledge about Sikhi it is fine.

Afterall the main arguments used by some ppl attempting to convert sikhs is:

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was muslim and when Guru Ji left this body the followers started up their own religion :umm: .

OR

Why do u cut ur nails but not ur hair.

So with knowledge about sikhi alone we can answer them back and if it was not for the knowldge I get from the sangat on the forums I wouldn't know how to answer the confused ppl trying to convert us :TH: .

For those that wander why Christians and Muslims work hard day and night to try to convert us: its cos they care: think about it-their religion tells them to go out and convert cos those that dont follow the koran or Jesus are going to hell so its cos they care (my foot). rolleyes.gif .

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

1.  Following your Religion have you become more Compassionate, Tolerant, Patient towards Life, towards others  not only in your faith, but towards every living thing that surrounds you?

2.  Following your Religion,  Has Love grown within you not only towards those who are close to you, but towards your neighbours, strangers, Friends and enemies alike?

3.  Following your Religion, Are you able to See, Perceive, Feel God that dwells in all of Existence or had a glimpse of it?

87422[/snapback]

nicely said!!

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

these very nice and civiliced people make me so angry, one tried to convert my masi. they even fight dirty. cowards cant take on 1 singh, so they all jump me. all the year 10 n 11's pushing my lot out of the scene. the man had a knuckle duster and smaked my jaw with it. the paji even tried to rip of my patka and pulled n tugged my kes with his hands. i done sooooo much damage to him i almost went to court. i made the very unfortunate paji bleed. and i dont feel any shame

instead of apologizing, maybe you sohuld edit your post.... it's not fair to label all "pakiz" like that...whether you wsh to acknowledge or not, the fact is there are (SHOCKINGLY ohmy.gifohmy.gif ) some really good people out there that happen to actually be Muslim too.. i know..it's hard to digest.. but it's true!

by the way..God created those "pakiz" too..