I Bleach My Hair.....

Guest _kaur*_

I needed some serious advice from the sangat here becuz i really havnt bin gettin any good stuff from others so yea..

i juss started high school and im not an amritdhari but i've never cut my hair & i plan on takin amrit in the future....but for over a year ive bin bleaching my facial hair. recently some people have bin tellin me to juss get it removed (electrolysis)..like that its not bad to do, i should make myself feel good..etc..but i wasnt sure if these were the best people to get answers from (they remove their facial hair but still call themselves amritdhari) After tht i decided to look up threads on sikh sangat and from what people said, i decided tht it wasnt the rite thing to do

but ive bin bleaching my facial hair and i dont know wether this is wrong or not bcuz im not amritdhari

i juss wanted to ask the sangat (particularly benjian becuz the probly know wot im going through having juss started high school and being really self-concious)

VJKK VJKF

penje, u shouldnt really bleach..... because we shud be proud of hair as its a gift from waheguru...

i understand the self self-concious bit.. but penje, just think of all the sacrifices that have been given in our sikhi history.... think of Bhai taru singh ji..... eevryone accepted death but did not remove their hair.... bleaching is kinda same cuz ur covering it up and hiding it................ nxt time u bleach... just think that guruji is standing right nxt to u, what would he think?? cuz he really is.

i'd say stop, do ardaas, ask waheguruji for strengh..... as ur thinking of havin amrit,,, which only waheguru can bless u with... then i'd say u shudnt bleach whether amritdhari or not.

keep doin ardaas, hopefuly one day u will be not bothered about it at all.... :D

:)

pull chuk marfi

Guest _Tarrandeep Kaur_

Vahiguru jee kaa khalsa vahiguru jee kee fateh!

Ok penji firstly your friends are wrong, removing your hair by elctrolysis is the same as cutting it, at the end of the day you are REMOVING your kesh which is a bujjar kurehit.

Fair enough one can say to commit a bujjar kurehit one must be amritdhari. But if look at the definition of a sikh, as a learner, we should try to abstain from the 4 bujjar kurehits.

Before i took amrit i used to bleach, i thought well its not cutting my hair so its fine. I remeber how much it used to sting and i used to cry after becuase i felt so bad. I asked myself deep down why am i doing this, i answered, too look better. But who was i trying to please who was i looking good for?

Fact is nowadays everytime i tie my dastar everytime i put my baana on, i cant stop smiling, i feel im dressing to please my mahraj. I think of how much kirpaa mahraj has done on this moorakh.

Penji to stop bleaching is going to be hard, but with mahraj by ur side its easy. Do ardas, and do paath. Throw ur bleaching stuff away.

You may not be amritdhari yet, but you have to work towards it, start by trying to keep basic rehit. For an amritdhari, to bleach, wax shave ur kesh, one has commited a bujjar kurehit and must present themselves in front of the panj piayre.

Its kirpaa tht mahraj has made u feel bad and confused about ur actions. Stay in sangat of singhnia and try increasing ur daily paath.

Penji you are here to earn profit, to japp naam and get closer to mahraj. Dont let maya lead you to these false actions.

vahigurujikakhalsa vahigurujikifateh!

I belive that facial hair- and im talking about proper hardcore facial hair, that isnt due to families genes is down to this condition PCOS.

PCOS- please search this on patient.com

1 in 5 women have it

i know this because ive got the condition

facial hair is usually down to this

PCOS causes hormonla imbalances

And i do belive that it is a condition that should and can be treated, please search this forum... theres pages and pages about it

Guest _singhni_

vjkk vjk

I know its a really tough time your going through penji because i think a lot of girls (whether amritdharee or not) have gone through, whether its thinking about bleaching their hair or actually going ahead with it. I dont know how to explain it but i think every individual in the end makes their own decision on whether they should bleach/pluck their hair.... as people can keep on saying 'dont do it' or 'do it its fine' but at the end of the day, its up 2 u penji...the advice uve already been given by the other penjiaan is really gud! My opinion is that ur hanging around with the wrong kind of people if theyre amritdharee and still telling u its fine 2 dishonour ur kesh. sangat is really important and find singhnia who follow gurmat and dont put u on the wrong path. I know how hard it is as I have kind of been in the same situation as u, but i never actually went through with bleaching (this was before i was amritdharee) thing is penji, u shudnt care what other ppl think. the REAL gursikhs would nevre tell u 2 dishonour ur kesh, they would never laugh at u, they would nevr say ' i dont wanna be friends wiv that bibi becaus she has too much hair on her face' and the people who do say things to u, who cares about them. as long as u know that ur following what guru jee wants u 2 follow, forget the rest of society. be strong and be proud of who u r.... half of the people that follow society are so bothered about what other ppl think, they dont actually live their own life and theyre self-concious wtih no self esteem or self confidence, do u really want to be like them? Im not having a go at u, please dont see it in that way. im jus tryin2 help as much as i can... i suggest u do a heart-felt ardas, do as much bani as u can and naam simran... it helps a lot. Once you realise what uve been put on this earth to do, u will see no reason in dishonouring ur kesh. i hope that u see what is right and that sooo many gursikhs became shaheed and would rather die than let one single piece of their hair get cut off!! some people say bleaching is not the same as cutting... but what is ur intention while bleaching that hair? u wanna get rid of sumthin that guru jee has given to all his children.... i believe its the same thing.. dishonouring kesh is dishonouring kesh and whether ur amritdharee or not, its wrong. u said ur planning on taking amrit, well take the first step 4 u towards it, dont dishonour ur kesh. i hope this has helped (althought it feels like ive jus gone on on lol) sorry if i have offended u in any way and if u would like to meet singhnia who will be gud sangat 4 u, then let us no. Im sure many people on this forum woudl love to have a chat with you (including myself) Singhs dont no what singhniaa go through and although its hard for singhs too, its different for singhnia.

I know how difficult it can be, I have quiet alot of hair on my face 2 and yeah people do comment and a lot of the time its even those people who u think would never comment (eg amritdharees) but chalo, its all guru jees hukum. let them say things to u, dont worry about what other people think :D

vjkk vjkf

sorry about the long post guys!

im not saying bleaching is ok, just making another point:

why do people make up their own rules on bujjar kurehits? even though bleaching isnt gurmat and your against it, dont make it a bujjar kurehit. bleaching is tankaah for amritdharis (which is a big thing by the way)

bujjar kurehit is the removal of hair, no need to make up extra rules for these 4 main kurehits. even though bleaching is manmat, its actually tankaah not bujjar klurehit, doesnt matter how much you want it to be. but i hope the tankaah bit makes it obvious that bleaching is manmat.

so anyway bleaching when amrtidhari, i would think one still has to go to the punj as its tankaah, just like jhoot.

just wanted to point out that little part.

carry on giving your views pls.