Sons Of Guru Nanak Dev Ji

ocelot

Sat Sri Akal,

Just a silly question, should we respect the two sons of Guru Nanak Dev Jee. Shree Chand and Lakhmi Chand?

I think that they were not so good and Guru disown them. Please correct me.

I was told that Shree Chand revolted against Guru Nanak Dev Ji and started his own religion in Dehradun.

I only want to ask, if someone says about Samagam about Shree Chand, how should i respond. In positive or negative way. These things actually happens in lot of gurudwaras of punjab.

Regards.

Guest Dancing Warrior
Sat Sri Akal,

Just a silly question, should we respect the two sons of Guru Nanak Dev Jee. Shree Chand and Lakhmi Chand?

I think that they were not so good and Guru disown them. Please correct me.

I was told that Shree Chand revolted against Guru Nanak Dev Ji and started his own religion in Dehradun.

I only want to ask, if someone says about Samagam about Shree Chand, how should i respond. In positive or negative way. These things actually happens in lot of gurudwaras of punjab.

Regards.

rolleyes.gif You may want to do some impartial research before you make such claims

Sree Chand and Lakhmee Chand were only like that at first, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee NEVER disowned them. There is a place in rememberance of one of GuruJee's sons - can't remember which one. The place is near Anandpur Sahib, Sangath still go and do Matha Tehk or show their Sathkaar there.

As for responding in a positive or negative way, I suggest you just state the facts about how they were as sons of GuruJee and how they played part to what GuruJee said and let them make the judgement whether they were good or not.

Personally, I still respect them but am not goin all out crazy and be fan numba 1

fateh

The Udasis are an ascetic order of the Nanaksahi Sikhs. Srichand, son of Guru Nanak, embraced Sannyasa. Udasis are his followers. Lakshmichand, another son of Guru Nanak, led the life of a house-holder. Vedis are his followers, as many sects occur these are no different they go against certain parts of sikhi, i would say that we respect every religion so nothing bad should be said but we do not at all follow these people!

bhul chuk maf :wub:

NB. Copied from an e-mail. Source unknown.

Baba Sri Chand had started his life in defiance to his father, Guru Nanak and his teachings. Consequently he was disowned. He `renounced the world and his disciples practised celibacy and asceticism. They professed to belong to Sikhism, but Guru Angad emphatically declared that there was no place for the passive recluse in Nanak's teachings.... He asserted that the followers of Sri Chand had no connection whatsoever with Sikhism.'

Baba Sri Chand `wore long hair, wandered a naked hermit and established the sect of Udasis. He would not go to see either Guru Angad or Guru Amar Das.' But now about forty years after the death of Guru Nanak Dev he `partially forgot his imaginary grievances' and went to see Guru Ram Das. Guru Ram Das himself went out to receive him, offered him sweets and presented him five hundred rupees. During the conversation Sri Chand remarked about the long beard grown by the Guruji. Guru Ram Das replied, "Yes, I have grown a long beard that I may wipe thy feet therewith." As the Guru went forward, Sri Chand stepped back and said, "O great king, thou art senior, thou art in my father's place. It is magic like this which hath made thee a Guru. I possess no such power and, therefore, I was superseded. I cannot express thy greatness. The Sikhs who come to behold thee shall be saved."

That was the turning point in the life philosophy of Baba Sri Chand. During his sojourns Guru Arjan Dev went to see the Baba Sri Chand at Barath in Gurdaspur District. Guruji narrated to him how he was distressed with the defiant behaviour of Prithia. At this Sri Chand `censured the conduct of Prithia, and said it would be the cause of his damnation.' Although Sri Chand still kept himself aloof, being the son of Guru Nanak, the Guru-household held him in high esteems. During his journey to Kartarpur and to Dehra Baba Nanak, Guru Hargobind met Dharam Chand, a Grand son of Guru Nanak, and desired to see Baba Sri Chand at his solitary place. Sri Chand complimented the Guruji on his bravery in war and said, "Thou hast killed Moslems and given peace to the poor." Guruji, then replied, "It was all the result of thy favour."

This touched the heart of Sri Chand further and, then, when he was nearly one hundred years of age, he wanted to attain spiritual emancipation by serving under the folds of Sikhism and he journeyed to Kiratpur where Guru Hargobind resided. Baba Sri Chand expressed his ambition to adopt Guru Hargobind's son (Baba) Gurditta. To mark the adoption he handed over his mitre to young (Baba) Gurditta and said to Guruji, "The Guruship was already with you. I had only the faqir's mitre, and now that too is given to your family"

`After this Guru Hargobind Sahib sent the Udasis into the hills to spread Sikhism. The Muslim Gujars and others became Sikhs...in those hills up to the borders of Tibet and Khotan the name of Musalman had disappeared... the ambassadors of the hill rajas waited upon Hargobind, and they did not know even the name of the King (at Delhi).'

just do research did our gurus respected baba sri chand ji and ans bans of baba lakhmi chand ???

a hint when baba sri chand asked guru hargobind sahib to give them their brightest son ... without a thought guru sahib gave them baba gurdita ji that very second ...

and ans bans of baba lakhmi chand ji played very important part in sikh religion ... there family is known bedi sahibjade ... and they were present in every important decision of guru ghar !!!!