Indian Movies...more Help :)

Dhoor721

There is a movie badal, this movie is about a young boy named badal, whos family was killed infront of his eyes by cops because they thought that someone in their village was hiding a terrorist. They burned and killed everyone in the village. In reality Badal's parents were the ones who were hiding the terrorist. neway he watched his family die but was able to escape, and the terrorist that his parents had helped was the one that took him in.

This movie may show both good and bad sides, for example, this family that tried to help was a Sikh family and very good people, however, it was very subtle (except for the kara on bobby's arm) what was obvious was i think it was a role played by johnny lever ( i think thats his name ) hes a sardar and they just make so many jokes about him, hes drunk walking in the middle of the road, the jokes he makes are very bad aswell.. its very sad...

if u can watch the movie and u'll see what i mean.

Good luck

Fateh

88006[/snapback]

that movie seriously p's me off they show khalistanis as these multi coloured patka wearing idiots that are the first to die, yeah right if they saw a real khalistan theyd wee their pants. Dont get me started on that gadar moivie either. All i can say is the answer to ur question is ALL bollywood movies are bad for sikhs <_<

In kal ho na ho, the grandmother also does pooja of saraswati (a hindu godess) which is against Sikhi to do idol worshipping, and worshipping neone besides Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee

also when she is trying to find her granddaughter a suitable husband at one point she says oh gujrati's they are vegetarian, implying that they need someone who eats meat which is absolutly giving the wrong impression!! on one hand they want a sardar, on the other hand someone who eats meat....

pul chuk maaf

Fateh

What do you guys think of the movie Border?  I heard its got a Sikh in it...

88488[/snapback]

It has two "Sikhs" in it. Sunny Deol and another man who was portrayed as a big, strong man.

I don't see anything wrong with the way they showed Sikhs in that movie grin.gif I'm gonna hafta maybe watch it again maybe i missed something blush.gif

Ya i think they didnt show those two main Sikhs differently, Expecially that other big huge sardar guy in the back, Sunny Deol did a good role at least he didnt take his turban off and or dancing wit girls wit bottles in their hands.

They showed the other sardar very brave, tough, and eating a lot of rotis <_< ... i gotta watch it again... i watched it loooong time ago... and no im not into bollywood :wub: ....

Oh i just watched that new movie "Shabdh"

OMG i can't believe i wasted my time with this movie

i thought Kaante was stupid

but this movie totaly proved me wrong

neway in connection to the topic

Ashwaria Rai and Zayed Khan use a very stupid joke "Ek Sardar Tha"

n thas the joke

i dont get it

but supposedly these two thought it was quite hilarious in the movie <_<

I guess in a way that 'joke' is misrepresenting Sikhs :doh:

Ishq Vishq they show a couple guys in college along with a Punjabi guy with a patka, he honestly disgusted me. In some scenes he's running after gurls on the beach tempting to touch gurls in skimpy swimwear. Another scene everyone is trying to think of an idea and hes sitting there thinking n just looks lost in the whole movie.

I guess you can say Sikhs in bollywood are represented the same way black people are represented in hollywood horror films. ( :wub: Stupid and first to die :wub::

Oh i just watched that new movie "Shabdh"

OMG i can't believe i wasted my time with this movie

i thought Kaante was stupid

but this movie totaly proved me wrong

neway in connection to the topic

Ashwaria Rai and Zayed Khan use a very stupid joke "Ek Sardar Tha"

n thas the joke

i dont get it

but supposedly these two thought it was quite hilarious in the movie  <_<

I guess in a way that 'joke' is misrepresenting Sikhs  :doh:

Ishq Vishq they show a couple guys in college along with a Punjabi guy with a patka, he honestly disgusted me.  In some scenes he's running after gurls on the beach tempting to touch gurls in skimpy swimwear.  Another scene everyone is trying to think of an idea and hes sitting there thinking n just looks lost in the whole movie. 

I guess you can say Sikhs in bollywood are represented the same way black people are represented in hollywood horror films. ( :wub: Stupid and first to die  :wub::

88560[/snapback]

bollywood fan eh blush.gif (im jkn btw)

Ummm which hollywood scary films have u been watching :doh:

lol yup blush.gif

not only hollywood horrow films, teen movies as well

haven't u watched 'scary movie' or 'not another teen movie' they outline that in scary movies black ppl r always firs nes to die and in teen movies there r limited # of black ppl who hav one liners

Hollywood films which portray Sikhs in bad way? hmmmm grin.gif

that movie Bollywood Hollywood i guess that counts as both bollywood and hollywood, but neway that movie is pretty dumb

the main gurl Lisa Ray is a gurl from a punjabi Sikh family

her father tells her to marry sum wrestler forget his name, killer khalsa? sumthin along those lines

n she wants to 'get back at them' so she becomes a prostitute nonono.gifno.gif

which is pretty stupid

whch gurl in the right mind these dayz actually does that? whether she;s punjabi, sikh, hindu or w/e i dun think ne gurl thinks that way <_<

I havent seen Bend it Like Bekham but i heard the girl is also from a Sikh family, and she falls in love with a white guy?

I would just like to add my 2 cents Canadian, which is rougly 0.12121213415 rupees using currency conversion rates.

BOllywood is the scum of the world. They rarely produce a movie that is worth watching and has deeper meaning. I particularily liked Hawayeein because it showed the atrocities carried out against the Sikh people.

Other than that, Bollywood DVD's (and all pirated copies) should be fed to the cows on my pind.