Ban On Short Hair Marriages

anjaan

no, but its an important step

guru gobind singh ji said

bilae kes chafe ast jumalae nisan

meaning

The fifth is Kesh, without which the other four are useless

SO if you wear a kara and still cut your hair, your just wasting your time, your better off wearing a watch or something on that arm than a braclet. Without Hair you have no physical look of a sikh.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta disagree with this new rule. Though I understand the reasons for it.

The main problem is that people should not be forced to into something they are not ready for. Whats the point of having kesh if you arent spirtually developed inside. What I am concerned this will do is:

1) Push some mona / sahejdhari Sikhs into the arms of others faiths, mostly likely hinduism.

2) Force some guys with bad characters into keeping kesh and disgracing keshdhari Sikhs. After all most of punjab police are keshdhari's how are without conscience raping, torturing, corruption,etc.

A Sikh is A Sikh

lets not divide Sikhism with these rules.

Always try and look at the big picture

post-2894-1110912192_thumb.jpg

89125[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

A step to offend, or to please.... who knows? A step in the right direction however.... I must say!!

Yes everyone is equal in Guru's house where there are four doors open to every person from whichever corner of the world they travel from regardless of caste, creed, or colour, however if Guru Sahib Ji's hukam is for us to recieve Khande Baateh Dee Pahul.... (Pritam rehat yeh jaan, khandeh ki pahul chakeh) the that is what we should do. And if when we recieve this gift of Amrit we are told as part of the 4 abstraints that shortening or removing hair is a taboo, then it is our duty to follow this command - "only" if we want to recieve the blessings of Guru Sahib Ji.

Its an option yes, but then the whole package that comes with it is directly linked to it. We can't pick and choose the things we want and leave the harder things for other people who "want" to follow them, because quite simply things dont work that way.

Guru Sahib Ji is both forever giving and forgiving however we can't keep abusing this the way we are.

This step is most definately a step in the right direction, maybe Sikhi isnt for you if you dont think it is right... or maybe we need to wake up and think... are we really a Sikh by name, or can we stand up and say, we are Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Sikh, by nature?!?

Sorry if I have offended anyone

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

:wub:   im an innocent guy i dont provoke anyone tongue.gif as for the girl kicking the guy i think that icon is sexistt!!!!!! i hate girls over powering guys , on behalf of all moneh i nominate Princess to be voted offf!!!!! :@   <_<

89370[/snapback]

:wub: :doh: :doh: slap.gifhit.gif how about these ? nonsexist enuf for ya? blush.gif