Where were Nihungs in 1984?

me moorakh mugadh

i asked this in another post too

Sarbloh Soulja, how come you have that picture of bin ladan under your name. he's just fighting for islam, the majority of muslims outside of the west feel that the US is the enemie. he's just they're freedom fighter, just think how your blood boils when someone says bad things about sant bhindranwala

don't fall victom to the US's propaganda

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is that an insult

i just saying bin ladans thier freedom fighter, and sant bhindranwala is ours

just that OBL killed innocent people

did Sant ji do taht?

how can u compare a TERRORIST (BY THE DEFINITION of innocent killer) to a FREEDOM FIGHTER.. :@ .

did Sant ji kill innocent people? rolleyes.gif

bhulla chukka maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Yo singhs keep this topic about the fools and 84, take bin laden and sant ji on another topic if u wish, but bhai gill ji, i would like to say the situation is a bit deeper than that, and beware te argument you are using is being used by non-khalistanis and sant ji and kharkoo singh haters all over the world to defile his name. so be careful not to fall into heir trap.

First of all let me just wet myself laughing!!!!! grin.gif

nihangs... these days..... lol.... fight?!?!?! lol !!!!! grin.gif

THE ONLY TRUE NIHANGS IN OUR PANTH WERE THE ONES THAT FOUGHT! sant jarnail singh and the other soorme where the real nihangs, bahi sukhdev singh, bhai avtar singh, baba manochahal, general subheg singh and the countless others were nihang singhs!!!

not these fools sitting in their dereh making their cocktails attacking goats!

there is NO excuse, Jagjit the creator of the nihang websites has been telling everyone for months about how nihnag.com will tell us of the contribution of the nihangs in 84!!! BULL, the current sites were an attempt to have a crack at the akj, and the next one will be a crack at damdami taksal and sant ji, i.e. sant ji was a terrorist blah blah blah!!

Nihang singhs couldnt get out?? get out of where?!

what for the last 20 years have they all been locked up somehw

ere and havent been able to move around?! lol, well how come hundreds of villagers from the areas around harimandir sahib tried to get there while the attack was on, and many got killed by helicopter fire and army fire!?

these pindoos got more himmat than these so called nihangs!

baba nihal singh ji did his seva, as an individual he cant be blaimed, but the rest of the singhs... where they children that they had to be told what to do? when darbar sahib is being attacked do u need permission or something to defend it?!

And well if nihangs havent got weapons then whose fault is that !??!

They meant to be the army defening the sikhs.... but then when it comes to a fight.. they suddenly dont have any weapons!!?? maybe they wanna save up some of their drug money and invest in some! lol if you wanna discuss nihangs and the lack of weapons i.e. the suggestion that the nihangs should retire and a national sikh army be created or trained... go to sikh awareness topic. http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.ppa?t=2635

and discuss it here, so far no nihang has replied, ask them there if u want!

The kharkoo singhs managed to get machine guns, and rpg's and anti tank grenades etc... so what where the nihangs doing1?

a lot of kharkoo singhs undertook missions with nothing more than simple pistols or rifles!

if the nihangs wnted to fight they could have got weapons! but they were prob too busy tying their big dumalleh and posing to actually fight.

again i repeat there is NO excuse! there is NO defence, I can only assume that guru ji would be utterly ashamed that his fauj had reduced to this, that villagers and teachers take up arms, while the warriors hide and strike deals with zakriya khan!

• 5 months later...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Someone asked the same question at the sikhi day(The one I posted in the uk /other countrys forum) and the answer that was given was the NIhang SInghs refused to fight because they were angry with sant ji for bring weapons it to Sri Darbar Sahib so they did'nt want to help him. The Nihangs were completly wrong for doin that cause every amritdhari who goes to Sri Darbar Sahib bring in their kirpan which is a shaster, the excuse the nihangs gave made no scense watsoever.

BTW. i agree with AK-47s post that the real Nihangs were sant ji and all

Sat Sri Akal!

We sikhs are long since coapted and corrupted by the greater hindustan.

Nihangs once were something to be dealt with, what are they now? Indeed, what are we sikhs anymore?

More and more, we speak hindi, cut hair, become 'progressive' and 'westernized'. Perhaps that is not all bad, yet, without true knowledge of

history, and pride of ethnic, linguistic heritage, we are doomed to just blend in with all the rest.....

• 3 weeks later...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

>>>

THE ONLY TRUE NIHANGS IN OUR PANTH WERE THE ONES THAT FOUGHT! sant jarnail singh and the other soorme where the real nihangs, bahi sukhdev singh, bhai avtar singh, baba manochahal, general subheg singh and the countless others were nihang singhs!!!

not these fools sitting in their dereh making their cocktails attacking goats!

there is NO excuse, Jagjit the creator of the nihang websites has been telling everyone for months about how nihnag.com will tell us of the contribution of the nihangs in 84!!! BULL, the current sites were an attempt to have a crack at the akj, and the next one will be a crack at damdami taksal and sant ji, i.e. sant ji was a terrorist blah blah blah!!

<><<<<<<<

-Those singhs that fought were not Nihangs. But they were great shaheed singhs with much bravery and strength.

#2- No need to be ignorant and insult by talking about cocktails and chatka of goats.

#3- The current sites were to do the work that Akali Guroo Gobind Singh Jee told us to do.

'What is false I will call false.

Even though the people may try to silence me.

I do not care for what anybody says.

I will speak but the truth from my mouth.'

(Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh, Treh Charittar No.266, Dasam Guru Durbar)

#4- DDT is greatly respected by the Nihang Singh Khalsa including the Budha Dal

DDT has and continues to great work for the sikh panth. A perfect example is the great Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee. His handwritten c

opies of Dasam Duar and Sarbloh Granth were unforgetable. They are jems of the panth.

The leader of the Hari-a-vela dal cannot be respected for many reasons today. Although Joginder Singh jee in Pakistan deserves much honor Baba Nihaal Singh has a lot of interesting parts to him.

Baba Nihaal Singh was verry close with Sant Ji (bhindranwale, the Highly spiritual and respected today by ALL nihangs)

There are at present, vegetarian Akali Nihangs like the Nihangs of Baba Deep Singh Shahida Dee Missal Vikh Vind, a minor and now almost extinct breakaway Dal of Baba Bkala Tarna Dal. The vegetarian tradition, even in this ‘Dal’ (battalion) is only recent, and was practiced since the ‘Jathedary’ (leadership) of Akali Nihang Baba Kundan Singh Ji in the early 1940s.

Another present vegetarian Nihang Dal is that of ‘Haria Vela’, a Dal only established with the sanctioning of 12th Jathedar of Budha Dal, Akali Nihang Baba Chet Singh in 1949. This Dal today is lead by Akali Nihang Baba Nihal Singh.

The vegetarian tradition at Haria Vela only started after 1984, once Baba Nihal Singh began to move amongst the western Sikh Diaspora. Akali Nihang Baba Nihal Singh claims he had a ‘vision’ of Akali Guru Har Rai, the 7th Sikh Guru, commanding him to stop Chatka.

However, the truth with regards to him shunning Chatka is more to do with him not wishing to hurt the sentiments of the Western Diaspora Sikhs, which he has been interacting with since 1984. In fact, lot of the confusion that exists with regards to Nihangs and Mahaparshad in the Western Sikh Diaspora is entirely due to him and the small number of enthusiastic Sikh youth who have been initiated by this Dal.

Akali Nihang Baba Nihal Singh, who is often described as a “chameleon-like character” by the Budha Dal, rather than adhering to one particular stance, has a tendency to appeal to people’s sentiments and, depending on his company, will speak either for, or against Mahaparshad.

The impression in the West that “t

rue Nihangs” abstain from Mahaparshad has come about because of Akali Nihang Baba Nihal Singh’s hypocrisy. Indeed, many mainstream personality cults even perceive Baba Nihal Singh as being a “true Nihang” simply because when he is with these vegetarian Sikhs, he speaks against Mahaparshad.

When asked by a neutral man “Is Chatka wrong?” He fobbes the question of saying: “It is a controversial subject still under discussion in the Panth.”

This is the same individual, who concedes that his own Jathedar, founder of Haria Vela Nihang Dal, Baba Harbhajan Singh, ate Chatka and drank 'Sukha' (protein drink laced with cannabis). One elderly Akali Nihang Singh belonging to the Haria Vela Dal resides in England. Baba Parman Singh also vouched this truth with regards Baba Harbhajan Singh:

‘He, Nihal Singh himself does not eat Chatka meat. No, our Jathedar, Baba Harbhajan Singh, he who started off this Dal first, he never accepted this vegetarianism thing of anybody.’

(Nihang Baba Parman Singh, transcript of a recording, 31-10-1999)

On one hand, Akali Nihang Baba Nihal Singh, claims “true Nihangs” refute the use of 'Sukha' and 'Chatka', in order not to offend vegetarian Sikhs in West, yet, by being within the Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa, still acknowledges and honors the Sukha-drinking, Mahaparshad-eating Nihangs of Budha Dal.

Akali Nihang Baba Nihal Singh likes to please all and insult no one. In this context, one may even say this is a virtue of a good Sikh, however, it is best to reveal the truth no matter how bitter it may be or worry whether it may hurt the sentiments of a few individuals.

I mean not to insult anyone but to only speak the truth.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Sat Sri Akal:

Without turning this into a "Nihangs are correct because they follow Puratan Rehat" or a "The Nihangs are a bunch of (add profanities as imagined)" let me ask you a few questions for a discussion. Let us give GurooDaChela Sahib a chance to answer this without harassing him.

Also, all points using the words Budha Dal and Nihangs are in reference to the Nihangs that run the Snatani websites. To this day, nobody has shown proof that these sites are run by the approval of the Budha Dal which is headed by Baba Santa Singh, besides supposed quotes from the man himself. Anyone, in this internet age, can make up quotes and attribute them to anyone (not saying that is what was done, but saying it could and can be done) . More substantial (aka. video interview) evidence is needed.

1) When science has done research on sukha, i has determined that it produces many ill-effects, such as the ones listed below:

"The short-term effects of marijuana can include problems with memory and learning; distorted perception; difficulty in thinking and problem solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate. Research findings for long-term marijuana use indicate some changes in the brain similar to those seen after long-term use of other major drugs of abuse. For example, cannabinoid (THC or synthetic forms of THC) withdrawal in chronically exposed animals leads to an increase in the activation of the stress-response system(6) and changes in the activity of nerve cells containing dopamine(7). Dopamine neurons are involved in the regulation of motivation and reward, and are directly or indirectly affected by all drugs of abuse." (http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofax/marijuan

a.html)

I highly doubt that these are attributes that any human being wishes to encounter.

Also keeping in mind that at least one Rehatnamaa states that marijuana is not to be ingested:

kut(h)aa hukaa charas thamaakoo ||

gaa(n)jaa ttopee thaarree khaakoo ||

ein kee our n kabehoo dhaekai ||

rehithava(n)th so si(n)gh visaekhai ||

(Rehatnama Bhai Desa Singh)

What exact positive effect can this marijuana give the Sikhs in battlefield if it can alter perception (hallucinations), ruin brain processing and become addictive. Now, the excuse that taking in moderation is not going to work, as with other drugs, the pleasurable effects of any drug force the user to take more and more.

The only documents that supposedly support Sukha are Bhai Rattan Singh Bhangu (whose name might give away why...I believe his father might have died from abusing sukha, no?) and Suraj Parkash by Bhai Santokh Singh. Bhai Santokh Singh even goes to the limit of stating that Guru Gobind Singh Ji had taken sukha. But this document, while impressive in its catalouging history of Sikhism, is full of inconsistencies (he also states that Guru Gobind Singh Ji was a worshipper of Durga...which is against Gurbani). Given the shadiness of these two resources and not others (to my knowledge), where did sukha come from, what does it do that is so positive that Nihangs prescribe to it, and why would Guru Gobind Singh Ji ever accept such a practice that could lead his Sikhs to addiction, when he would shun tobacco but not marijuana?

By the way, it would be prudent to mention that the British were very much into using drugs to suppress any group that would resist them. When conquering China, they spread the use of opium. It could have even been introduced earlier by the Europeans that were invited at the request of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. Keep that in the back of your mind.

2)You have leveled a lot of accusations against Baba Nihal Singh.

Please, do provide some sort of solid proof. This he said-she said stuff, sadly, has been the only thing the "real" Nihangs have been able to provide to everyone. Seriously Sahib Ji, if you are going to make these type of accusations, please be fully prepared to provide full irrefutable proof to the like.

3)What is the Budha Dal, which is supposed to be the supreme Dal, doing about the likes of Ajit Singh Phoola, who is rampaging the countryside of India laying siege to Sikh Gurudwaras? He is a Nihang...surely he should be stopped by Nihangs, to whom he is giving a bad name. Supposedly, the Nihangs had launched a campaign in India to deal with imposter Nihangs who take advantage of the public by intimidation and threats...why not this individual?

4)Getting back to the theme of the post, what did happen to the Budha Dal in 1984? Say what you will about Baba Nihal Singh, he was prepared to fight against the army and paid for it by torture. Where was the Budha Dal? The Nihangs are called "Guru Di Ladli Fauj" and yet, they did not defend the Harimandir Sahib and the Guru who resided inside? Why?

5)The Nihangs, according to the website, share a lot of animosity for the SGPC (even when it was founded) and the Singh Sabha for crushing the Snatan Sikh Dharma (Snatan, by the way, is a term that the Hindus use to describe their pluralistic beliefs - just so the Sangat knows). Well, pre-Singh Sabha and the SGPC, the Akal Thakat was under the control of the Nihangs. During that time, many of the Gurudwaras were in control by Mahants, which were not to be associated with by any Sikh. Why did the Nihangs allow these Mahants to be in possession of the Gurudwaras and let them carry out outragerous anti-Sikh practices like idol worshipping and harassment (even murder) of the people who came there?

6)What's with the hatred of the AKJ and the Singh Sabha? The Maryada posted on the Snatan websites is quite different from the Damdami Taksal, but the Budha Dal has respect for them. Why wou

ld a Sikh organization that believes that Sikhism is supposed to be pluralistic (as the Snatanis do) have so much hatred against another Sikh group that follows a different Maryada, which is acceptable to a Boh-Panth?

These will do for now.