Top Posters In This Topic

gutka is gurbani from dhur

there a huge differences

guru je created bani, vaheguru himslef is gurbani

a kara is also a fashion design

thhey call gold bangles sonai dai karai

its jewleery too

but we wear sarbloh dai karai

its not jewlerrfor us, its a kara that shows more than i look nice, it shows us not to cimmit ppaaap, how vaheguru je has no start and no end, etc.

a gutka is bani, guru je himself, and created by guru je for reading of bani

a kara is not only used to sikhi

bhula chuka maf

shaheed, ur clearly very passionate about this topic...but can i just highlight that i did not dismiss sri guru dasam granth in my msg, i just asked you whether it was in the guru granth sahib ji...bcos i was not sure...

be passionate about what you believe in but don't let it blind you!

What is the problem with non sikhs wearing a karah? In India people have been wearing bangles on their wrists for hundreds of years. All due to different beliefs.

I have an English friend who wears a Karah because he understands what it means and he respects it. With regards to Hindu Panjabi's wearing a Karah I think it's down to respect.

Which is what we should all observe

If I'm wrong, why does it feel so right when my friends all ask me about the Karah and I eexplain what it stands for, and they all want to wear one. Not because it looks good, because lets face it, how much of a steel bangle is a fashion statement? It's because they respect it....

What is the problem with non sikhs wearing a karah? In India people have been wearing bangles on their wrists for hundreds of years. All due to different beliefs.

I have an English friend who wears a Karah because he understands what it means and he respects it. With regards to Hindu Panjabi's wearing a Karah I think it's down to respect.

If I'm wrong, why does it feel so right when my friends all ask me about the Karah and I eexplain what it stands for, and they all want to wear one. Not because it looks good, because lets face it, how much of a steel bangle is a fashion statement? It's because they respect it....

91771[/snapback]

would u give them a kara if they were gonna drink/smoke/bully people around with that same hand?

or only after they understand what a kara is?

91771[/snapback]

Guys, i don't think Shaheed is saying that people who respect it can't wear it. His point is that the non-Sikh wearing a Kara and lets say drinking with the same hand is disrespect and shouldn't wear it. Read his posts again, they make much more sense than mine :TH:

Go to Claires or ne other accessory store and u'll 'steel bangles' that can pass as karas

I know people personally who are non-amritdhari Sikhs and wear Karas and with the same hand smoke/drink

is that not wrong?

Since a kara is not copyrighted material like someone said, doesn;t mean that we disrespect it, n if we see sumthin disrespectful , we';re jus gona turn our heads away?

I think we're all getting a little too heated. And there was a hint of sarcasm in the second post i made, i just forgot to add the stupid rolleyes.gif emoticon. Yea, i can get where you're coming from shaheed, but i don't think either you or sikh soldier can see where i'm coming from. The way I see it, today you're gonna be taking away karas and kirpans from goray, tommorrow you're gonna be taking 'em from monay, and the next thing you no, two weeks from now, you're gonna be taking 'em from anyone who isn't worthy. Slippery slope man, always what I look at. Forget about the now, start thinking of the future. Which is the better scenario? Taking a kara or kirpan away from a guy, and then ending up in a bloody brawl sometime?, or educating the guy and asking him to give you the kara back, with him understanding and giving it back?

but we didnt invent karai!

its not our creation

guru je took a kara and gave it deeper meaning than just jewlerry

if a gora is wearking a kara for jewlerry who r u to stop him?

did guru gobind singh je go out and take off al the hindu ladies karai?

causse they did moorthi pooja, who knows wat they did

no

cause we dont have a monopoly over kara

guru je took a kara gave it deeper meaning

someone can still wear kara if they are not khalsa

but im out of this

no point

even i everyone agrees non khalsa cant wear kara

wat u gonna do bout it??

guru je didnt do nothing bout it

suddenly were so smart in our age...

r u gona go go to every punjabi, morre than half drink eat meat, etc. and take their karai

id like to see that, watch ureself get beat down

seriously

bhula chuka maf

Smart Singh...

when i said take it away from them, i also said tell them what a kara symbolizes...

take it away doesnt mean u have to have a bloody brawl...

if u dont educate ppl about what a kirpan or a kara is for, they will never know and beadbi will continue to happen...

wat harm is there in goign upto a gora and saying this is what that kara represents, maybe u should know this before you wear one... and tell him by doing stuff like drinking or smoking with it on, its mad disrespect...

the gora mite even realize and stop doing that, but at the end of the day its not on our heads that we didnt make an effort...

not doing anything is a lame excuse, its the easy way out... but going upto the person and telling him the real deal, everyone should be doing that...

and u cant buy KARAs at everyday stores, KARA is sarbloh and has a distinct look...

there may be many imitations that pass as jewelery, but a real kara is made of sarbloh... gold kara etc. are not real kara, they are just jewelery