Non Sikhs wearing Kareh

Who are we to say if others should wear karas or not? Why should we have problem about this? Those ppl who are complaining about outsiders wearing karas, should first look within themselves and ask if they are themselves proper Sikhs.

Taking amrit doesnt entitle you to a karah. Taking amrit doesnt mean you are now a total Sikh without any effort on your part. I have seen people who have taken amrit to be worse then those who havent.

If you want to go and complain about ppl who are not wearing karah's then tell me in how is this advancing your own path towards God. On the Contrary you are diminishing your progess by "always trying to find the Faults in others". But in return you are basically just complaining about this and that which is all useless and will go nowhere. If a person wears karah or wears a pag so let it be.

There is a rule in these situations to follow.

"Dont bring the trouble of others on yourselves. "

IF you see someone is wearing karah and they are not remembering God, Dont think you are responsible for correcting this. Leave this to waheguru.

Its not our job to complain about this.

Beleive it or not your posts about this situations doesnt show the true nature of Sikhi. Sikhism is a very tolerant religion.

Anyway. Take what you want from it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shaheed, when do u think one may meet guru gobind singh ji? only after death?

<_<: is dasam bani in guru granth sahib ji?

i think it is not up to us to decide who wears a kara, waheguru's hukum...i didn't used to...i am not amritdhari, i have only recently started wear mine but still often think about taking it off because i feel that i may be doing amritdhari sikhs an injustice by only wearing one fifth of something that was intended to be whole..... and i feel i should remove my kara on some occasions e.g if eating meat or something...

i ve never wanted to misrepresent sikhs and the importance of the kara by wearing it and doing something 'nonsikh' whilst wearing it...eg sorry i offend anyone, i used to get upset when i say saw someone drinking alcohol with the same hand that they wear a kara....

however, ive chatted to people about it and am trying to be more understanding...whilst i still have concerns that the image of sikhi is getting wrongly confused with non sikh things, especially punjabi things eg people say i must be a sharaabi because im a singhani!....despite this, i think even if someone is wearing a kara and e.g. drinking, although there is a raisk of the meaning of the kara being lost, there is also the chance that at some point that kara will inspire the person to stop chasing maya....

and even if one wears a kara without the other kakkars, perhaps something is better than nothing...??? even though i feel like i am not worthy of my kara sometimes, i also feel like i get strength from having it as a reminder of my sikhi,,,,but then i also do not think it is good to be attached to my kara.....

i don't know, im still in two minds about pretty much every issue regarding kara's!...just my two cents

bhul chuk maph

Also - when you come right down to it, these type of topics are just maya again. No clothes, karra or kesh anything will go along with you when you die

in dasam bani it says Guru gobind singh ji expects us to met him with all kakkars and shasters.....sooooo it does go with you

91632[/snapback]

Karah is a symbol given by Guru Gobind Singh signifying to remember God at all times.

I believe the meaning is more important then symbol. Same with kesh, its out of respect and love that we keep our true form. But we dont have any right to judge others. Nor should we force our judgement. Talking from my own experience Guru Ji is very personal. For every person the Guru has his own ways and eventually all will merge with the one

If a person wearing all the kakkars given by the Guru, but the heart within is evil and whereas on the other hand a person not having all the kakkars like not wearing the kara, but within is non-stop devotion. The Guru would more likely shower his grace on him/her.

gur fateh

where in my post did i say that havin all your kakkars is the only thing guru ji is looking for?? your puttin words in my mouth.....

all im saying is that kakkars do complete a sikh, and i never said thats all that made a sikh....

a sikh is only complete by being a sikh withen and outside too.....rehatnamas telll us that looking like a sikh is just as important as being one inside...infact first u start on the outside, and developwithen i.e. you challenge your mind.....

and a karah is given a good definition in this thread, as it being handcuffs so that if a sikh is gonna do sumthin wrong they should see the karah n stop n think bout what there doing.....

if your cuzins or friends who are punjabis and are drinkin and smoking with tha karah on and your seeing it happen , how can u call your self a sikh and not say anything bout a kakkar being abused/dis respected....and you sit there smiling like hey hes got a karah hes on the path now. (feminist plz mind my next comment) ...but your watchin this doing nothing like a lil girl

we cant police the distribution of kakkars, but atleast we should voice it to who we can, about its importance and if somebody shouldnt have one, or is abusing it..ill make it my business and advise them of there mistakes.....

sissy.....

no sri Dasam Guru Granth ....is not the Sri guru granth sahib, it is another granth soley written by Guru Gobind Singh Ji......it would be fair to consider it the second most important scripture for the sikhs....i mean guru granth sahib is everything.....but i for one wont be like "ooo soo dasam bani supports/rejects this...blah i dont care its not guru granth sahib ji"

to me it is the writings of one of the jots of guru nanak dec ji and i cant dissmiss it like u...but thats your opinion....

lastly, i would like to comment one this one saying that i keep seeing over and over and that is.....

"sikhs are supposed to be tolerant"

soo when the khalsa took up arms and defended there faith, family, and ideals they werent sikhs?.......remeber who tha mahants were, and what happened to them when they got judgment in guru ji's darbar....was that wrong are u calling that intolerant....

when ppl say that we only look at one of the many characteristics of sikhi, YES we are peace loving, but we arent "sissys" eitherrr

soo sikhs are tolerant but we are supposed to have ANAKH tooo, dont be soo quick to forget that

its not that they are not sikh, but if there smokin n stuff with it on, yea i will....soo what...

91670[/snapback]

Nah, I was just asking if you were gonna. And since you are, I don't get why you're wasting your time posting on a message board, and you aren't hunting down and tracking everyone that isn't worthy to wear a kara. And then you can show us ur extensive collection.

oo pm me ill show u my collection, if i come across it, i will take it away,

see im not no fake half @$$ guy with Singh in my name, who falls under sum1z jhooti cuz they wear a karah, im not some kinda soft ------- who gets all excited that a gora has a karah and he must know about sikhs soo i should be his gulham....

but im sure smartsingh you and me are polar opposites on this topic....q

howver my thinkin is :

having kakkars is a privledge not a right, they were gifts from my guru, that makes em priceless, and should be given to those who atleast know what they represent....

maybe im wrong and i should look at a gorah wearing my gurus kakkar, as a peice of junk metal.....i donno doesnt sit with me, you must have a stronger stomach.....

its not that they are not sikh, but if there smokin n stuff with it on, yea i will....soo what...

91670[/snapback]

Nah, I was just asking if you were gonna. And since you are, I don't get why you're wasting your time posting on a message board, and you aren't hunting down and tracking everyone that isn't worthy to wear a kara. And then you can show us ur extensive collection.

91677[/snapback]

Smartsingh why do u waste ur time posting on message board. dont u have something better to do???

thats the stupidest thing ive ever read, i can say why are u on this board you should be doing simran or reading bani...

just cuz u dont agree with something doesnt mean be a sarcastic punk...

and if theres a gora or anyone who is going aroudn with a kirpan, i would take it away from him, cuz he could be giving people the wrong impression about it, he could be disrespecting the kirpan, eg. putting it in places a kirpan shouldnt be kept like in a stack of garbage, around bottles of beer etc...

same way if someone is misusing a kara, sure took it away from them, or let them know wat a kara symoblizes... (that u wont do anything wrong with that hand of urs, u given ur hand and urself to guru ji)...

if everyone had the amount of respect for their kakkars and all the gifts we got from guru ji, the panth would be in a much better position than it is today...

man, u cant tell non sikhs not to wear kara

a kara is speical to khalsa because its something guru je gave us

but we dont own it

we dont copyright karai

dastaar has been around way before guru jes times

r u gonna stop those non sikhs who used to eat meat, etc. to take off their dastaars?

u cant do that

a kara has special meaning FOR US on the hands of a sikh

read singh veer jes post

it was the illest post

A kara is a kara.. A kara without sikh is just a piece of steel or metal/iron. It doesn't matter whether sikh or non sikh wears one.. The only thing matters is how the person see the meaning behind the kara.. So shouldn't be really worring about this issues since there are many other imp issues to worry about

bhula chuka maf