UK Vaalio - General Election

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The election's coming up. Who do you reckon we should vote for?

At the moment, I'm minded for Labour:

"There is a big vision behind today’s manifesto. It is that everyone, not just a few, should get the chance to succeed and make the most of the talent they have. It is to build a Britain, a genuine opportunity society, where what matters is hard work, playing by the rules, not class or privilege or background."

I don't think the Tories have any vision for the country or any underlying philosophy. They just opportunistic.

But what do you guys think?

Waheguroo

We should use our votes wisely. Now is a good time to approach local MPs and ask them what they are doing for the UK Sikhs. Those Sikhs who have given them their seats.

- Sikhs in UK are being urged to raise issues of concern not only on a local level but national and even Global Level. This week saw the announcement of the General Election to be held on May 5 2005.

Sikhs across the country are being urged to highlight to UK politicians the unacceptable behaviour of India towards minorities such as Sikhs and the increasing threat to minorities living in India from extreme wing Hindu terrorist organisations.

A Sikh Federation (UK) spokesperson said: "UK politicians are to be reminded of the extremely backward reaction by Indian politicians, the Indian press and right wing Hindu extremists against minorities, such as the Sikhs and countries like the US, Canada and the UK if they are seen as providing support".

Amrik Singh, the Chair of the Sikh Federation (UK) issued a press statement on the news of the forthcoming general election saying: "British Sikhs need to think very carefully about specific issues that are important to them. For example, issues relating to the protection and promotion of the Sikh identity and the separate recognition and monitoring of Sikhs to ensure that the Sikh community in the UK receives improved public services that meet our specific needs."

"Sikhs that have been pressuring the UK Government since the last General Election on the Sikh identity and issues such as the separate recognition and monitoring of Sikhs have found that the Indian Government has been actively lobbying against the Sikhs. We must tell all UK politicians that it is unacceptable that the Indian Government is interfering in internal British matters that are denying Sikhs their legitimate rights."

A Sikh Federation spokesman on return from a meeting with Sikhs in Europe said: "It should come as no surprise that the Indian Government is upset with Sikhs living in the US, Canada, Australia, the UK and the rest of Europe when we highlight human rights abuses perpetrated by the Indian authorities and demand our legal right to self determination. However, it will come as a huge shock to Sikhs throughout the world that India, led by Manmohan Singh, is in fact encouraging foreign Governments to create additional problems for Sikhs living abroad, concerning the Sikh identity, so our lobbying resources are deflected away from the treatment of Sikhs in India over the last 25 years."

The Sikh Federation (UK) spokesperson added: "We have information from very reliable sources at the highest levels of government in the UK and in Europe which show that India has not been trying to help Sikhs over the turban issue in France and other parts of Europe, but behind the scenes it been promoting further difficulties for Sikhs regarding the Sikh identity."

"It is understood that following 9/11 the Indian authorities decided this was an ideal opportunity to sidetrack the limited resources available to the Sikh Diaspora. The appointment of Manmohan Singh as Prime Minister added another dimension, but the ideal camouflage to push the same anti-Sikh policy. Sikhs need to become far more politically aware and wake up to the extreme tactics of the Indian regime and the depths they will sink to. Our plea is that every Sikh, including those in the Indian subcontinent should remember the chilling words from 1984 of Balram Jakhar, a former Indian Cabinet Minister and Speaker of the Indian Parliament - 'To preserve the unity of India, if we have to eradicate 20 million Sikhs, we will do so'

The Sikh Federation urged Sikhs to apply political pressure to protect the Sikh Nation from the dirty games being played by Indian Government and its intelligence agencies.

I have arranged a meeting with my local MP and you should too - discuss these issues as these affect us ALL.

WJKK WJKF

One thing I don't understand is why the Sikh Federation themselves have not got their own candidates to stand in sikh majority constituencies. With Labour, Lib Dems and Tories you get the same old BS. It would be good if we could have a few Keshadhari MPs in the UK.

Btw anyone who lives in Heston or feltham or has family or friends living there ask them to consider voting for the Bibi Satnam Kaur Khalsa. Even if your family are old time labour supporters it's worth while to vote to try and get a Gursikh Bibi into parliament.

http://www.libdems.org.uk/party/people/per...inyourarea.html

GurFateh

Bikramjit

well the sangat knows, i am a big fan of the tories.

why?

well lets see,

i hate lib dems because....

1. charles kennedy wont win it because he admitted yesterday he has know idea how to calculate the tax spending.

2. decrease army...increased terror alert.

3. more tax.

thats just a little bit.

now as for labour, well theres a labour member on this site, but i wont mention him.

why do i loathe labour...

1. asylum seekers get so much cash, and we hard working brits get jack all.

2. thanks to him, the courts cant give hard senatnces.

example....

an asylum seeker is driving ILLEGALLY on the road, he runs over a 12 year old boy, the boy dies.

the asylum seeker is sentanced to

2 MONTHES.

personlly, i say a life for a life must mean life (death penalty should be introduced) but stupid blair signed taht away.

3. NHS is a sham

the waiting lists are appaling.

viruses hit the hospital and it could be cleaed with more people cleaning.

how hard is it to employ people to work and clean if your the pradhan of labour?

4. iraq war...btw i was for it wacko.gif

5. EURO! it killed germany, it killed france and its killed most of europe, yet blair wants it to be in the euro and make a superstate which "rivals" USA?

i dont think the united states of europe are and can be a match. he wants the queens head on the euro? but will that happen? should they join the USE, old queeny looses the throne. now i dont care about the queen but sun meri ghal....

a. people died for that crown in all the wars, including sikhs, it would be an insult should they sign the crown away!!!

b. if you ask me, what you see on tv is britain is a nation of cha lovers, rich old snobs. i think its paints a beautiful representation of UK, i think our nation would seem shabby without the queen.

we are doing well without the EURO as it is. best economy in europe!

6. as a student, i think the schools seems so depressing in the UK. old and crumbling, thats how id describe my school, like a bleemin jail.

so why is it all the schools of leciester like saint pauls, jugdemeadow etc which are so advanced etc etc will get to be demolished and rebuilt (and are already modern as it is) and city of leicester college is last out of the lot when the school is like a jail?

7. areas like north evington are getting rough, labor has not set anything like a youth place to tackle high crime and stealing in this once rich area.

when asked, KEITH VAZ, he did not believe north evington was turning rough.

it shows labour does not believe in facts.

again, i challenge the labour member, what will labour do to tackle the above?

tories however, well i dont know them well, seeing that for the past 8 years, my life has been under a depresing regime.

thats why i say vote tories (i may not be allowed to vote, my dad will vote for em lol)

they seem to have changed since 97

and i think a boarder police force keeping an eye 24/7 on airports, ports and everywhere illegals can get in is a good way to woo me to support them.

not to mention the police will be armed 24/7.

and more cleaners

more schools for the future

more ships which have jails.

the tories have policies like australia, yes australia is tough, and the UK will be more like them, if under the tories.

they take no s*** like labour has from europe, i mean signing 5-10 billion pounds to europe per year to clean THERE OFFICES and STREETS is utterly pathetic. only because the UK is better than all of europe put together LOL.gif

(but thanks to labour, it has been wrangled in chains)

p.s did you know jail food is better than school foods?

the human rights convention is a sham, people take advantage of it, criminals but our honest lives first, thats why tories want to get rid of it.

the singh in labour is on this site, but what i would be interested is how would labour tackle what the tories have on offer?

so say it with me

MICHEAL HOWARD ZINDABAD

MICHEAL HOWARD ZINDABAAD

MICHEAL HOWARD ZINDAABAAAAAADDD

gustaphi maaf

WJKK WJKF

One thing I don't understand is why the Sikh Federation themselves have not got their own candidates to stand in sikh majority constituencies. With Labour, Lib Dems and Tories you get the same old BS. It would be good if we could have a few Keshadhari MPs in the UK.

Btw anyone who lives in Heston or feltham or has family or friends living there ask them to consider voting for the Bibi Satnam Kaur Khalsa. Even if your family are old time labour supporters it's worth while to vote to try and get a Gursikh Bibi into parliament.

http://www.libdems.org.uk/party/people/per...inyourarea.html

GurFateh

Bikramjit

93393[/snapback]

Although the Sikh Federation (UK), is the first and only Sikh "political party", launched in September 2003, our objective was to encourage British Sikhs to engage more proactively in the political process and ensure ALL elected representatives properly represent Sikhs.

The process we are engaged is a long-term initiative involving:

- encouraging Sikhs to join each of the main political parties and exert pressure from within

- taking part in Sikh Lobby Days in the UK Parliament to raise awareness and push specific Sikh issues - see Sikh Agenda for the UK Government

- educating Sikhs at a local level (particularly in Gurdwaras) to make their MPs more accountable and ask them what they are doing for the Sikh community - locally, nationally and internationally

- engaging with senior politicians from each of the main political parties at a national level

- providing media responses on "political" issues involving the Sikhs

- improving government consultation with the grassroots of the community

Sikhs in some towns are making good progress - Derby, Leicester, Wolverhampton etc. However, much more needs to be done over the next 5 to 10 years. Young Sikhs (Sikhs born and/or bred up in the UK) are the ones that will make a real difference in the years to come.

Please help the Sikh Federation (UK) and Young Sikhs (UK) in whichever way possible at a local or national level.

Visit www.sikhfederation.com for further information.

Tory Policies are essentially racist, elitist, selfish and only care for the rich………..they are the scum of the earth……………..this is goes against the teachings of Sikhism which believes in:

1) Daswand – sharing your income with the needy

2) Sewa- To be of selfless service to others

3) Sabr – that means patience. Especially those less fortunate than you and not picking on immigrants an asylum seekers. Remember the racist crap out parents went through as immigrants.

4) Daya – which mean compassion, again for those less fortunate than us.

5) Dharam – righteousness or justice for all. To have a social conscience, and not be like Tories of the past like “Thatcher the Job Snatcher”, who stated there was no society.

6) Santokh – Contentment i.e. be happy with the money and possessions you have, and not be greedy like evil Conservatives who encourage people to be greedy and always want more, be it in tax cuts or material possessions.

7) Satt – Truth – something all politicians are guilty of not telling, but the Tories deserve the Gold Medal for this. Be it Iraq, MRSA, Crime…………these guys have a major record in telling BS.

The two closest parties to the Sikh ideals are Lib-Dems and Labour. I am inclined to go for Labour because they have an excellent record with the economy so far. Lib-Dems are a bit incoherent for my liking.