omg.......

Posh Jatti, could you please try finding this site (if you have the time) then maybe a member could find some sort of contact. From then something can be done instead of just posting anger filled posts and not acheiving anything!

(Oh and more people starting to argue more these days! why?)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gots an Idea.

If you are truely concerned about this Miss Posh, then i suggest you send them an email asking them what they think the symbol means to them. Its a simple question and im sure they will provide a simple answer.

That is Step 1. Lets take this one Step at a Time. Email them and respond with their reply, perhaps you will find our more than you think.

btw do not post the link to that site here. Unless you want some hothead from here to go there and start to give them death threats. Yes IT WILL happen. There are always few who are trigger happy.

AGAIN STICK TO THE QUESTIONS ASKED ...WHICH NONE OF YOU ARE ACTUALLY DOING

the question was ...what would you do if you saw someone like that in real life i.e how would you tell the person off etc...

your co-operation will b greatly appreciated  :TH:

95233[/snapback]

:) read sum of the responses again they did stick to topic so dun say no1 is actually answering ur question i dnt knw how much simpler we can put it

neway, theres not much else to say about this topic

every1 gave pretty much the same responses and thas seems most appropriate

talk it out, if they dun listen then ya go to other measures

no1's sayin they're gona beat the crap outa the person b4 talkin im sure that wuz a joke (gupt daasn daas :) )

so ya, talk it out, if it that doesnt work, then use force

i duno i jus woudnt stand around if i knew the person and they were doing it rite infront of me

its like a slap in the face

im sure we dun wear 'om' symbols, or crosses or nethin n go around tryin to act all 'gangsta' so shud we tolerate other ppl doin that wit our religion

bhul chuk maaf

i got a question.... how does ANY of this effect anybody's sikhi?? i don't think it's disprespect if they showing a khanda... most punjabi people are born being told they are SIKH.. thats why they represent that khanda and so on... and who are we to say THEY ARE NOT SIKH???? if one WAS to say something to them... it should be in a respectful manner.. and they should be educated about what the khanda represents...

once again.. this does not AFFECT ANYBODYZ sikhi...

bhul chuk maaf....

says who???? tha's direct beadbi of our Guru Jee.... they knew they're doing disresepect... they didn't care... they knew better...

the people in these pictures.. i HIGHLY doubt they know they are disrespecting sikhi.. (if in fact they are disrespecting it)...

dude.. you cannot compare these two things..

sure you can, its obviously not on the same level, but it does affect sikhi as a whole. It's not even people like the guy in the pictures fault, but, if you cant educate people in our generation about what sikhi is, or the importance of the symbols and what they mean, who is going to educate the next generation of sikhs what sikhi really is, and the importance of the symbols.

Im not even saying the ugy is disrespecting anything, but representing it without knowing the meaining, is a problem in itself. It turns everything you do into a ritual, when you do it without uinderstanding why. Sure its not going to affect you, but look at the future of sikhi as well, if 90% of the sikhs in our generation dont know the meanings of the symbols, or even of sikhi as a whole, whats going to happen to the future of sikhi? Plain and simple, its going to turn into what hinduism has become, a bunch of blind rituals that no one knows why they are doing.

So yeah, it is important to educate people or else the lack of education will just snowball, and each generation of sikhs will get more and more into rituals.

sure you can, its obviously not on the same level, but it does affect sikhi as a whole. It's not even people like the guy in the pictures fault, but, if you cant educate people in our generation about what sikhi is, or the importance of the symbols and what they mean, who is going to educate the next generation of sikhs what sikhi really is, and the importance of the symbols.

Im not even saying the ugy is disrespecting anything, but representing it without knowing the meaining, is a problem in itself. It turns everything you do into a ritual, when you do it without uinderstanding why. Sure its not going to affect you, but look at the future of sikhi as well, if 90% of the sikhs in our generation dont know the meanings of the symbols, or even of sikhi as a whole, whats going to happen to the future of sikhi? Plain and simple, its going to turn into what hinduism has become, a bunch of blind rituals that no one knows why they are doing.

So yeah, it is important to educate people or else the lack of education will just snowball, and each generation of sikhs will get more and more into rituals.

95289[/snapback]

:)

I gots an Idea. 

If you are truely concerned about this Miss Posh, then i suggest you send them an email asking them what they think the symbol means to them.  Its a simple question and im sure they will provide a simple answer.

That is Step 1.  Lets take this one Step at a Time.  Email them and respond with their reply, perhaps you will find our more than you think.

btw do not post the link to that site here. Unless you want some hothead from here to go there and start to give them death threats.  Yes IT WILL happen.  There are always few who are trigger happy.

95263[/snapback]

She has tried to find the site she got the pictures from again, but with no luck, hence there is no way to contact the people.

So.... lets sum up- no way to contact the people, no-one knows who they are= no-one can do anything anyway. I think we should stop worrying about what to do to them, and continue this as the slightly wider discussuin of wht to do/say if someone was doing this infront of you, as the topic intended (from what I see anyway)

That is what will actually be constructive here, so that people don't get beat up and mugged of their khanda jewellery/ramals etc. I think Gurpreet Singhs post has been the most useful thus far, as it is sugegsted we should look at the root of the problem when trying to deal with these issues.