Accepting Your Own Death

Nama Singh

VJKK VJKF

Obviously, its difficult to determine how long you have left to live and walk this Earth as a mortal. I could step outside my house today and be run over by a double-decker bus and die on the spot in a split second.

But when you grow old n grey you realise that you are reaching the average life expentancy of a man or woman.

When you're young, you live like your immortal almost. For me, i hardly think about dying and that my time will come to end in this world and i think about the idea of growing old and then coming the time when i know that my time left on this Earth will be short and I will go and it doesnt scare me... it makes me feel weird as i cant imaging accepting it. Just makes me wonder whether i will feel this unease i feel thinking about it when im old.

When you grow old, is it really easier to accept your death a lot better than when your young?

kbIr muih mrny kw cwau hY mrau q hir kY duAwr ]mq hir pUCY kaunu hY prw hmwrY bwr ]61]

kabeer muhi maranae kaa chaao hai maro th har kai dhuaar ||

math har pooshhai koun hai paraa hamaarai baar ||61||

Kabeer, I long to die; let me die at the Lord's Door.

I hope that the Lord does not ask, ""Who is this, lying at my door?""||61||

The actual shabad is very long, so if you wish to read the whole thing you can at page 1367.

I disagree. See, I think that in remembering death in every second of your life, then you forget about Life. Plus, people tend to fear death, not look at it's true importance when they remember death every second. Death is a joyous occasion, because you're going back to satguru. If you remember Death every second of life, then you forget about life, and you go against what God put you here for. God didn't want you to try and Die well, but Live well.

kbIr muih mrny kw cwau hY mrau q hir kY duAwr ]

mq hir pUCY kaunu hY prw hmwrY bwr ]61]

kabeer muhi maranae kaa chaao hai maro th har kai dhuaar ||

math har pooshhai koun hai paraa hamaarai baar ||61||

Kabeer, I long to die; let me die at the Lord's Door.

I hope that the Lord does not ask, ""Who is this, lying at my door?""||61||

The actual shabad is very long, so if you wish to read the whole thing you can at page 1367.

96041[/snapback]

refer to ang not page please! (thats if its ang 1367 in Guru Granth Sahib Ji)

bhul chuk mafi :)